Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 08-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Quintessence

Oh, I'm all for doing some think-work on these things, but one person's truth is not another's. We've the freedom to come up with our own answers to life's questions and it's great fun to do engage in that exploration. It has seemed to me that you believe there is some "Absolute Truth" out there and that humans are capable of knowing it. I don't agree with that; not as a scientist, and even less so when discussing things beyond the scope of science. That also means I believe it is unwise to make matter-of-fact statements about spiritual topics or imply there's a "right" and "wrong" way of doing things in some absolute sense. It seems like you're doing that, which doesn't track well in my worldview. What works for me works for me, what works for you works for you. It's not a matter of some Absolute Truth to me, it's a matter of perspective (and therefore of theology/worldview/etc).

Regardless, I do appreciate this discussion, so don't get the impression that it's annoyed me or something. It's always interesting to me to understand something of what others believe and such.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:35 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Oh, I'm all for doing some think-work on these things, but one person's truth is not another's. We've the freedom to come up with our own answers to life's questions and it's great fun to do engage in that exploration. It has seemed to me that you believe there is some "Absolute Truth" out there and that humans are capable of knowing it. I don't agree with that; not as a scientist, and even less so when discussing things beyond the scope of science.
As a scientist you should be interested in finding the objective Truth not just floating around in subjective opinions. The fact that there is an Absolute Truth is obvious, Reality is governed by absolute laws and they act regardless of our belief in them. As a scientist you should understand this. One absolute truth you can't deny is time which destroying everything including our bodies.

Diety knows this Truth and is fully capable of communicating that Truth to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
That also means I believe it is unwise to make matter-of-fact statements about spiritual topics or imply there's a "right" and "wrong" way of doing things in some absolute sense. It seems like you're doing that, which doesn't track well in my worldview. What works for me works for me, what works for you works for you. It's not a matter of some Absolute Truth to me, it's a matter of perspective (and therefore of theology/worldview/etc).
I think that spirituality is a science and if we want to actually achieve enlightenment then we should follow the method given by our Guides rather then speculating our path. That doesn't mean that everyone should follow the same Path since each person is a unique individual and therefore require unique medicine. Such speculation is simply wasting our time in terms making Advancement.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

"Only the Siths deal in absolutes!"

The World is made-up of Shadow and Light--as are we all--it would serve us well to remember that the (Grey Area) consists of varying degrees of both.

"I accept my Karma to be in this time and place.

I have the strength and courage to endure what I must face.

People have the right to choose and make their own mistakes.

I have the peace and wisdom to respect their lives and space."

One person's truth--may not be the same as another's. If we want our freedom of choice to be respected--we must respect each person's right to do their own research and form their own opinions--then trust that all will be revealed in its own time.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
The World is made-up of Shadow and Light--as are we all--it would serve us well to remember that the (Grey Area) consists of varying degrees of both.
Come out of the Shadows and go towards the Light! There is no grey in the Light. The Light is our true Home. We are eternal Absolute Beings and and eternal Absolute Love is our True nature.

Quote:
"I accept my Karma to be in this time and place.

I have the strength and courage to endure what I must face.

People have the right to choose and make their own mistakes.

I have the peace and wisdom to respect their lives and space."
Your quoted personality is simply selfishly concerned with "My karma" and "what I must face". A compassionate person is concerned for the happiness and karma of others. If a whole lot of sheep are happily running over a cliff and you are peacefully letting them, is that wisdom? I think not.

Quote:
One person's truth--may not be the same as another's. If we want our freedom of choice to be respected--we must respect each person's right to do their own research and form their own opinions--then trust that all will be revealed in its own time.
By the time that all is revealed it will be too late. I'm not interested in forcing anything on anyone. I'm simply interested in discussing the Truth with those who want to understand the Truth better. In this human form of life we should be interested in inquiring the Absolute Truth and not be so attached to my ideas and my truth. If you are an imperfect limited human being what is value of your ideas?
Old 13-02-2012, 04:50 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
Come out of the Shadows and go towards the Light! There is no grey in the Light. The Light is our true Home. We are eternal Absolute Beings and and eternal Absolute Love is our True nature.

Your quoted personality is simply selfishly concerned with "My karma" and "what I must face". A compassionate person is concerned for the happiness and karma of others. If a whole lot of sheep are happily running over a cliff and you are peacefully letting them, is that wisdom? I think not.

By the time that all is revealed it will be too late. I'm not interested in forcing anything on anyone. I'm simply interested in discussing the Truth with those who want to understand the Truth better. In this human form of life we should be interested in inquiring the Absolute Truth and not be so attached to my ideas and my truth. If you are an imperfect limited human being what is value of your ideas?

What you are suggesting is control...Light will always cast a Shadow.

A faithful person will comprehend that all paths lead (eventually) to the Source of All and we must take that journey in order to learn what we need to learn and earn the right to rejoin the One.

"I am Moon. I am Stars. I am Clouds. I am Sun.
I am Mystic--I am Spiritualist-- and my life has just begun.

I am Air. I am Fire. I am Water. I am Earth.
I am Christian--I am Muslim--I am Buddhist--I am Rebirth.

By embracing all Creation--I heal MotherEarth.
I am all there is and none--for one day we'll know our Joy and Worth
And then rejoin the One..."

I am only interested in offering my perspective. I have followed this Thread with interest. There have been many times in my life when I was just as certain as you feel you are--until I found out I was wrong.

Humility is the first step of the journey towards maturity.

Blessed be...
Old 13-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
What you are suggesting is control...Light will always cast a Shadow.

The Supreme Person is the light and when we look towards Him then there is no shadow and when we look away from him then we look towards the shadow of maya (illusion)

Quote:
A faithful person will comprehend that all paths lead (eventually) to the Source of All and we must take that journey in order to learn what we need to learn and earn the right to rejoin the One.
What if my path is to eat stupid people who have the intelligence of animals. Will that lead to the source?

Quote:
"I am Moon. I am Stars. I am Clouds. I am Sun.
I am Mystic--I am Spiritualist-- and my life has just begun.

I am Air. I am Fire. I am Water. I am Earth.
I am Christian--I am Muslim--I am Buddhist--I am Rebirth.

By embracing all Creation--I heal MotherEarth.
I am all there is and none--for one day we'll know our Joy and Worth
And then rejoin the One..."
Sounds like your quoted personality has an inflated sense of ego. I am a servant of the servant of the servant of the Supreme Person. This is Love. Until we understand the difference between ourselves and God, until we become humble there can be no Devotion.

Quote:
I am only interested in offering my perspective. I have followed this Thread with interest. There have been many times in my life when I was just as certain as you feel you are--until I found out I was wrong.
It is very difficult to make Advancement without certainty in the eternal Reality. Just because you found one false coin does not imply all coins are false. The false coins implies there must be a real coin.

Quote:
Humility is the first step of the journey towards maturity.
Yes we must humble ourselves before the Supreme Person and follow His Will for our lives, then we will attain Perfection, Happiness and the Supreme Destination. As long as we remain attached to my ideas, we will attain neither of these things.
Old 13-02-2012, 05:58 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
The Supreme Person is the light and when we look towards Him then there is no shadow and when we look away from him then we look towards the shadow of maya (illusion)

What if my path is to eat stupid people who have the intelligence of animals. Will that lead to the source?

Sounds like your quoted personality has an inflated sense of ego. I am a servant of the servant of the servant of the Supreme Person. This is Love. Until we understand the difference between ourselves and God, until we become humble there can be no Devotion.

It is very difficult to make Advancement without certainty in the eternal Reality. Just because you found one false coin does not imply all coins are false. The false coins implies there must be a real coin.

Yes we must humble ourselves before the Supreme Person and follow His Will for our lives, then we will attain Perfection, Happiness and the Supreme Destination. As long as we remain attached to my ideas, we will attain neither of these things.

Blessed be...