Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 10-09-2011, 07:43 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
I hope you don't mind me butting in on this Silvergirl?

Wood can be used to make runes and apply symbols on them as nightowl suggested.

Yep your right Skye, wood is another possibility for rune making, some even use sticks...I knew that SG loves stones so I thought I would give her a nudge in that medium, stone instead of wood...
Old 10-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
I hope you don't mind me butting in on this Silvergirl?

Wood can be used to make runes and apply symbols on them as nightowl suggested.

Thanks for that suggestion skye (I've always loved that name for a person btw). Does a person make up their own symbols or are there standard ones I should use?

Old 10-09-2011, 07:54 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Thanks for that suggestion skye (I've always loved that name for a person btw). Does a person make up their own symbols or are there standard ones I should use?

Hey SG,
There are a number of sites on line that can guide you through the making of them, just pick the one that speaks to you...
Old 10-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Hey SG,
There are a number of sites on line that can guide you through the making of them, just pick the one that speaks to you...

Heheh, silly me. A person forgets the net/google has everything

Old 10-09-2011, 08:07 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Heheh, silly me. A person forgets the net/google has everything

heheee...yeah, been there lol Let me know how it goes...
Old 10-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Skye

Hi Silvergirl,

As nightowl has suggested, I too would use any symbol you are drawn to, or having had a look at a few others on the net, you could be creative and choose to paint your own and, work with the feelings you get whilst drawing them, until you become more confident with other thoughts that may just pop into your mind - as they likely will do when we use our intuition. Good luck :)
Old 10-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Master
Thanks both of you. I tend to be creative and have been known to doodle away in my school while the teachers drone on, lol. I'll probably have my own or variations on regular ones. Umm, I just want to hear it from you guys...how many runes are in a 'set'? If you were making your own for the first time, how many would you make?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Skye

There's usually 24 in set, but I guess it depends on how many you want in your own set. You could start with a small number, say seven and use these to do yourself or even a friend a daily reading. This may give you good enough feedback for you to be encouraged to add more to your set. Go with the flow and you won't be too far out if at all.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Master
Ok thanks! For a beginner like me ~ I've only seen pictures of them on line and in books. I have no clue of how to start using them. Do they roll like dice? Do you pick them out of a hat or container? Sorry.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:47 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Thanks both of you. I tend to be creative and have been known to doodle away in my school while the teachers drone on, lol. I'll probably have my own or variations on regular ones. Umm, I just want to hear it from you guys...how many runes are in a 'set'? If you were making your own for the first time, how many would you make?

Well I guess that would depend on if you do a set based on the Futhark alphabet, or use your own symbols. The average numbers I have seen are 24-25, this is usually what you get in a pre-made set. I have seen witches runes between 8-12 pieces. I prefer sets of twelve...

Here are a few sets that might inspire you...at least give you an idea of what they look like in stone and wood;

http://www.secondhand-souls-4occult....tone-sets.html