Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 05-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Knower
Handmade Tarot Deck

I've done tarot readings for many years, and I wonder; If I make my own deck (hand draw my own cards) will they still work? I don't see why they wouldn't, but I wonder if anyone else has their own tarot deck they made themselves that either work quite well, or not at all?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Master
I've wanted to make my own, too because even though some come close to what I resonate with, none are just right for me. I don't see any reason for them not to work, I mean it's mostly intuitive, if not all intuitive that gives a 'good' reading.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:28 AM
arive nan

The curriculum of the BOTA (an occult organisation) has their members paint their own decks as a way of learning the tarot.

I believe that as soon as an object is recognised by someone as a tarot card, it will become a tarot card and can be used for what tarot cards can be used for. I believe something similar happens with runes, scrying spheres, I-Ching, or any other divination method. When someone recognises the object as a tool for divination, and especially if the person believes it will work, then that is what the object becomes and it has the potential to work as a divination tool.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Master
Interesting, Arive. I have a collection of acorns for next year's planting. Maybe .......
Old 06-09-2011, 10:00 PM
arive nan

It would be interesting to experiment with it. Like, to see if an object behaves differently or feels different once it has a rune symbol or something written on it. I plan to try out something like this when I can.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:26 PM
nightowl

I think it is a great idea, not only will your energy work through them but they will be an actually part of the deck. I made my own runes...it really is just like you being the artist instead of a stranger...intentions in the making as well as in the using...

nightowl
Old 06-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Master
Aren't runes like die? How do you make your own, nightowl?

Old 06-09-2011, 11:21 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl

Runes are usually made of smooth stones, so if you have a certain stone you like, or you can mix and match them...you paint symbols on them to represent certain things like success, heart matters things like that and make your own interpretation guide or card. It is good to look at some that are ready made to get an idea on how to proceed...maybe a good fit for you SG the way you love your stones might be powerful tool for you...
Old 10-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Lifesclues

I've been making my own deck for years lol stop and start maybe I'll finish on day! But I believe its not the deck its your guides/angels/higher self that are picking the cards. What ever you intend each card to be how ever you see that card is what it is and when you use the deck the appropriate card will be drawn to answer your question in a way you will understand. (does that make sense?) I think the cards have wide meanings and I don't really think any interpretation is wrong I think your guides communicate to you using your understanding of what each card means to get the message through clearly to you.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl

I hope you don't mind me butting in on this Silvergirl?

Wood can be used to make runes and apply symbols on them as nightowl suggested.