Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 27-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Mary_Anne

Advanced Reiki attunement

Hi, a couple of weeks ago, I took Advanced Reiki training (ART - often offered along with Master training, but I took it on its own). During the attunement, the teacher forgot to have me in gassho position, and when I realized that (in middle of the attunement), I was upset that I didn't get the proper attunement that it may not work. I finished the attunement worried and a little upset. When I brought it up to the teacher, she said that Reiki took care of everything and not to worry. I started having a headache a little after the attunement and was in pain for the rest of the training (I was getting tired, and was not wearing the glasses which I usually wear, so that might explain the headache).

Advanced Reiki training is supposed to strengthen the power of Reiki. I don't feel any difference in Reiki that flows through me. Do you think the attunement worked?

Thank you!
Old 27-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Master
Hi Mary_Anne your teacher is right that reiki will take care of everything, i alway's get nervous if i have forgotten something when doing a reiki treatment, after all it is reiki and the masters that are actually doing the work, we are only a channel for the healing to come through us to the recipient, so don't worry they correct our mistakes for us.
I hope this helps.
Love Golden Angel ;)x
Old 27-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Enya

Believe me, you could do the attunement standing on your head and it would still take... Get out of your own way and accept the gift given to you. xxx
Btw, the strength given may manifest in another way than the one you expect. :)
Old 27-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Administrator
Hello

Yes it does not matter if things do not flow as one feels they should. When I was getting me final attunement I started to "giggle" and so did the Master Teacher....we simply went with that energy.

For me it was three days of balancing out the emotions and energies that came in with the Full Moon the day of attunement.

Too it as 10 10 10 and me Birthday....so many energies happening all at once.

Lynn

Old 28-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Master
Hi Mary_Anne,

You would have received the attunement then you work with it.

Receiving it would have highlighted where you needed to work with it and remove any blocks that need to be removed to clear your channel for the healing energy to come through you.

No-one is going to be completely clear for the energy, then as you clear the energy will strengthen.

Perhaps even re-do the 21 day self healing,,,

I feel to add this to the post as a reminder of what you have learnt so far and how far you have come on your journey.

Just for today I will give thanks for my many blessings.

Just for today I will not worry.

Just for today I will not be angry.

Just for today I will do my work honestly.

Just for today I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing.

If you do still feel you haven't received the attunement properly then ask that you receive it and call in your Reiki guide to assist this.

All the best with your journey

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 30-08-2011, 05:01 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Angel
Hi Mary_Anne your teacher is right that reiki will take care of everything,

It doesn't seem to take care of Mary_Anne's concerns and doubts, does it?

IMO reiki can do no harm and will take of everything is a Polyanna attitude which points to a lack of standards.
While the Reiki energy does work on its own, we are all still alive after all, it works better if it is understood, managed and applied properly.

Mary_Anne's concerns are thus valid and need to be addressed with the seriousness they deserve and not just written off.
However, I am more and more convinced that to address real questions is avoided at all costs by the Reiki community at large.
Old 31-08-2011, 09:43 AM
OceanWaves19161

I think as you start to explore healing further you start to realise that there's no right way of having reiki attunments done. It's the intention and the teachers own skills which help the attunement to become integrated. Not everyone notices a huge difference in their energy after an attunement...I know I never did but that may be cause I tend to use because my own natural healing gifts more. I guess in the end you just have to tune in with your own intuition and see whether it happened correctly or not for you??