Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 31-05-2021, 02:47 AM
mindanalyzer

helping others, turns of life and rewards

I just told this long story to my old mother and I would like to share it here as well, because I think that it contains a great message

I am 49yo and have worked in a software development company for more than 15 years as a developer.

About 10 years ago, Tom, a project leader for another company and a good friend of mine, told me that his company was downsizing and that he felt sorry for one of his programmers, because she was going to be lay out. I offered myself to help because there was an open position in my company and he told me that she was a capable developer

I recommended her for the position (putting my name in the fire without personally knowing her, dedicated several hours to advise her for the interview, provided reading materials, etc) .
Everything worked out and she joined group B (lets call it that) and we would see each other every now and then and we would say hi and had some smalltalk.

The same situation somehow repeated about 4 years ago, this time with a cyclist “friend” of mine. He was the project leader for another company that was facing financial problems so I offered myself to help. We went through a similar process, he was accepted and joined group C.

Then 2 more years passed, and we got an open for a senior position in my group (group A). the salary for this position was ~ 10-20k above my salary, so that you have a reference, and ofc that I was interested and I thought that I deserved it due to my experience and knowledge

I was very surprised when the guy I had recommended told me that he was applying too, even when he knew that I was a strong candidate for that and it was in my own group. Well, apart from being very bright , he is an excellent friend of my boss … so he got the position. He apologized to me and all of that , but I felt it was an illegal punch and I felt hurt; so our friendship has never been the same since then

then, to continue the story, some restructuring of my section was done and a new group , lets call it group D , was created. A senior position was open for this new group. As a boss, an old lady was appointed, she knows me and my capabilities, but I was also aware that she had questioned my work habits in the past, so I was a bit worried, but still applied.
I was told that the other (recommended by me) woman working for group B also applied.

What about if I tell you that she was selected for the position …

After this, I felt sad and disappointed with my 0 for 2 score, specially because these 2 guys were there in the company because of me; I had helped them just because I was in the position to help, with no interest whatsoever

A few months after that 2nd selection , I could easily see that I was running on cruise control in my job with 0 motivation. I did some soul searching and talked to God and his angels , realizing that what I truly wanted was early retirement and be done with the corporate life; I just wanted to get away from the grinder and the hypocrisy and focus on my spiritual growth and helping others

then a few months later, my friend Tom approached me with some investment ideas. at first they seemed too ridiculous to be taken seriously, but he pitched it a 2nd time, and I gave it some thought . the more I researched it the more I liked it but I still could not pull the trigger… until I had 3 very strange vivid dreams , which basically told me that this was a good idea to pursue

I decided to invest a decent amount of money and 2 years later , I have 20x of that investment …

Basically I have enough to retire any time now and move to a quiet country to focus on what really matters to me

I find it interesting how this has all worked out. these guys got the senior positions but most likely will need to keep running in the wheel forever … while I can finally get out of it

the message is to HELP OTHERS, do it if you can without expecting anything in return ;

it doesn’t matter if the recipients of the help might seem ungrateful or as turning against you due to greed. if it is the right thing, and you feel good doing that, simply DO IT

even more, If I had the possibility to go back in time, I would certainly help them again.

ps: A couple of months ago my boss (who is a great guy and close to being a friend) mentioned to me that he thought that I should be getting a reclassification for a senior position and that, to substantiate this request, it would be advisable that I take over a complex infrastructure from someone who was overloaded in his work, but that it was “up to me” to decide

… I replied that I was no longer interested . that I was good with my position and the level of my responsibilities and that I no longer needed the extra money. That they had discarded me when I was interested in climbing the corporate ladder, so I had redefined my priorities .
I didn’t tell him that I was planning to retire soon ofc

what’s your take on this story?

… Life is certainly mysterious

Last edited by mindanalyzer : 31-05-2021 at 10:48 PM.
Old 31-05-2021, 07:11 PM
asearcher

what a wonderful story. Yes, so true too I think, to help others without expecting anything in return.Thank you for sharing=)
Old 01-06-2021, 11:57 AM
Administrator
Well i can totally relate to your story. i have had the same thing done to myself.
I even said at one point that Im done Helping others,
The jobs they walked into they could'nt have achieved without my help, as soon as they got their jobs i was forgotten about.

They are living comfortable lives me i struggle with my health etc but i still help others.
you can look at it two ways what i did, i did to help and with an open heart i asked for nothing.
What they did they did for their own gain, i could'nt do what they did,
Because i am a Giver not a Taker

Namaste
Old 05-06-2021, 09:29 PM
Master
Great story: great for inspiration... sometimes the better opportunities come from other things.(exspecially when your the lead of that...

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 10-06-2021, 12:09 AM
Master

I only give when it feels joyous to me, if I want to give, otherwise it is dishonest and selfish for me to give and it builds resentment in me.

I am very aware of my intentions when I give and when I am honest, I only give because I want to, because I have a desire to give, otherwise I wouldn't do it.

When giving feels joyous to me it tends to lead me to better (spiritual growth) outcomes, though typically, I have little control over those outcomes.

Giving is in my control, how when and why I give, how others receive is not, how I respond is.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:53 PM
Ascender
What comes around, goes around.

You are just evaluating the current life events from physical realm.
Have you ever considered that maybe they helped you in other past lives?
Or if you had a soul agreement to help them in such way?
Or if your destiny was not having those jobs? because your life lies in a different path?

Yes, I agree that life seems a mystery.
However, if we take blinders off, everything becomes more clear and logical.

So, you helped them in this life. They will be there to help you in next lives.

Many life events, especially relationships with other souls, birth, and death are predetermined well before we came into this physical realm.