Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 09-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Wunjo

A question about Reiki

I was recently in a shop talking to the owner about Reiki, I had walked away and picked up a bag I thought would be good for my Oracle cards, and which had caught my eye. The shop keeper came over, and showed my friend and I the book that the Reiki teacher recommended getting for the upcoming classes. And she started to flip through it, I stopped her when I saw the symbol that's on my pouch in the book. Asked what it meant, etc. She gave a brief description of it, and then told/showed me how Reiki Masters pass it on, here's for the question. Is it possible that she gave me that one symbol? I've had more energy of late, and that's not like me, and while I did also get a crystal that day, the crystals energies aren't for that purpose.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Experiencer

You can buy lots of things that have a Reiki symbol on it, I have a pendant with one on it. It does not mean that they have passed anything in the way of attunements to you..
You can buy or look at books on Reiki and flip thru the pages and see symbols, its just not the same as doing the levels via a Master..
No more than reading one medical book will make you a Doctor...

It may have sparked your interest and made you think.. thats all..
I hope this helps..
Old 09-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Wunjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
You can buy lots of things that have a Reiki symbol on it, I have a pendant with one on it. It does not mean that they have passed anything in the way of attunements to you..
You can buy or look at books on Reiki and flip thru the pages and see symbols, its just not the same as doing the levels via a Master..
No more than reading one medical book will make you a Doctor...

It may have sparked your interest and made you think.. thats all..
I hope this helps..

I wasn't suggesting that the items I bought were the cause, etc. I was talking to a Reiki Master at the time that I was looking at them, she was the one that was telling me about/showing me the stuff.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Experiencer

Yes I understand that, but that is not how attunements are passer..
You do not get Attuned at the drop of a hat or a chance meeting.. Each Reiki Master is only allowed to Attune so many people, if they choose to pass it on.. Not everyone who is at Master level wishes to pass on Attunements..or profit from it, some charge £1000 to attune... I would never do that.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Wunjo

Alright, thank you
Old 10-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Experiencer

No problem, you are welcome..