Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-08-2020, 09:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
This sort of thing has frustrated me for years. It's obvious that Christ (should he ever had existed) being the son of God (presumably) would have known everything there was to know.
He could have told us about the Earth being a globe (although the Greeks and Egyptians had worked it out long ago and all eastern philosophies knew it too). He could have explained that the sun was the centre of our solar system and that most of the bodies seen in the sky were suns, he could have explained how tides work, that there are polar caps, that planets circle the sun, that there are great oceans on our planet, that, that, that…
Had he done this it would have saved a lot of suffering and blood later in history and would have given us 2000 years later the knowledge that he knew what he was talking about.

But he didn't.
People didn't (and don't) understand even the little he (allegedly) said. That's why he asked for faith.

Also, he may not have known everything either.

By the way, I assume you know that actually the Sun isn't located in the center of our solar system ... So as you approximated with your statement, valid at this historical moment, so he did for his time on Earth.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
In my view, he either thought the information wasn't relevant at the time for their Salvation (they didn't need to know that much), or he was censored by orthodoxy. I believe in the latter.
Yep .
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:13 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I think Isaiah said something about the Earth being a Circle so it was known .
Circles are flat!
Are you one of those flat earthers?
Are the potlucks any good?
Old 04-08-2020, 12:22 AM
ketzer

Quote:
This sort of thing has frustrated me for years. It's obvious that Christ (should he ever had existed) being the son of God (presumably) would have known everything there was to know.
He could have told us about the Earth being a globe (although the Greeks and Egyptians had worked it out long ago and all eastern philosophies knew it too). He could have explained that the sun was the centre of our solar system and that most of the bodies seen in the sky were suns, he could have explained how tides work, that there are polar caps, that planets circle the sun, that there are great oceans on our planet, that, that, that…
Had he done this it would have saved a lot of suffering and blood later in history and would have given us 2000 years later the knowledge that he knew what he was talking about.

But he didn't.
Maybe, but he did tell us how to love our enemies, be good to those who persecute us, and all the other stuff about feed the hungry, comfort the sick, visit the prisoners, yada yada good Samaritan yada yada throwing the first stone, etc. That didn't seem to end suffering and bloodshed. Just sayin. If that didn't help, I am not sure a geography lesson would have made the difference.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Circles are flat!
Are you one of those flat earthers?
Are the potlucks any good?

But there round
Old 04-08-2020, 08:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Maybe, but he did tell us how to love our enemies, be good to those who persecute us, and all the other stuff about feed the hungry, comfort the sick, visit the prisoners, yada yada good Samaritan yada yada throwing the first stone, etc. That didn't seem to end suffering and bloodshed. Just sayin. If that didn't help, I am not sure a geography lesson would have made the difference.

Exactly that frustrates me as well. He was obviously quite happy NOT to devote his time to spreading knowledge which would have averted ,for instance, the religious atrocities of the middle ages.
He lived (apparently) for 33 years. Those things for which he is known - as above - if added together in hours total about 70. As our saviour (from sin?) what did he do the rest of the time?
Anyway his endeavours to get us to be 'good' have failed miserably, had he shown an ounce of worldly knowledge (or geography or whatever) maybe we (all of us I mean) could take him/it seriously.
It has been left to quite normal, mainly secular thinking people, to offer the world succour and compassion. Our increased knowledge of the world has given us the opportunity to better the condition of the human race.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Exactly that frustrates me as well. He was obviously quite happy NOT to devote his time to spreading knowledge which would have averted ,for instance, the religious atrocities of the middle ages.
He lived (apparently) for 33 years. Those things for which he is known - as above - if added together in hours total about 70. As our saviour (from sin?) what did he do the rest of the time?
Anyway his endeavours to get us to be 'good' have failed miserably, had he shown an ounce of worldly knowledge (or geography or whatever) maybe we (all of us I mean) could take him/it seriously.
It has been left to quite normal, mainly secular thinking people, to offer the world succour and compassion. Our increased knowledge of the world has given us the opportunity to better the condition of the human race.

' What did He do the rest of the time '

That's something I and many others have thought about
Old 04-08-2020, 10:55 AM
ketzer

Quote:
But there round

Round where?
So the earth is a disk, like the pizza you flat earthers order on meeting nights?
Old 04-08-2020, 11:03 AM
Master
I doubt it's something he, or most people, concerned themselves with. But yeah, it was generally accepted among the learned people that the Earth was round. The evidence for it was less 'convincing' perhaps for many people back in the day compared to now ((with air travel and space travel)), so you probably always had (most?) people believing the Earth was flat.

Quote:

But he didn't.

True. It just goes to show that religious figures are people like you and me. Today as well there's many spiritual ''authorities'' ((''guru's'' and the like)) that don't know $hit about many scientific topics, and this becomes more clear when pressed at which point they are exposed for being merely human beings like you and me, and not infallible ''self-realized'' god-men that know everything and have realized everything. My guess is it's peeps that know how to feel good inside through a practice.

People are just people.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:37 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
This boundary between light and darkness (day and night) is called the “terminator” since the light stops or “terminates” there. Someone standing on the terminator would be experiencing either a sunrise or a sunset;

I love the Terminator. I use to watch it daily.