Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 22-02-2019, 12:42 AM
Master
What's your favourite time travel movie?

I really like good time travel films - or unusual things to do with time like Groundhog Day or Looper. I'm not interested in horror or sexual films, more lighter fare - Back to the Future suits me fine. Can you recommend any?
Old 22-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Che Lazou

My all time favourite Time Travel film, apart from The Flight of The Navigator is Doctor Who (the original film). In fact I was a huge Doctor Who fan when I was young, collecting nearly all the books of the TV show which I still have up on my shelf. It was me who complained to the BBC that Doctor Who had been cancelled aged seven and shortly afterwards it came back on air. Just shows you, throwing your weight around a bit can get results ;)
Old 22-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Master

My favourite time travel stories are in Sci-Fi shows, meant for TV. Stargate SG-1 has several excellent ones, as do the various Star Trek series and Heroes as well. Both SG-1 and ST TNG have some excellent episodes about being stuck in endlessly repeating time loops, those are really fun, I find. My favourite episodes on Star Trek Voyager are also time-travel related.
Old 22-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Master
The Time Machine by HG Wells is a great story. There is a B&W film on the book too.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Master
Thank you Che Lazou - I really enjoyed the new Doctor Who series that aired on Netflicks. I've never seen the original film. Awesome that you got them to rerun it!

NoOne I also love the Star Trek series - the original and Next Generation were my favs. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks Honza - will have to look for that one too!
Old 26-02-2019, 12:00 AM
Master

Back to the Future series. Fun and lots to ponder.
Old 26-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Experiencer
"The Final Countdown" was one that I enjoyed growing up.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 26-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Don't hate me....but ALL of them...every single one! I own that have been mentioned already...even the oldie Final Countdown.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-03-2019, 12:15 AM
Master
Just thought of another one, a romantic comedy time travel story (my favourite): Kate & Leopold
Old 16-03-2019, 03:25 AM
Master
Movie? “Flight of the Navigator.”

TV series with time travel, Doctor Who (especially the last four doctors!)

Warehouse 13 and Eureka (A little history, a little science and a little time travel)

Totally embracing my nerdiness!