Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 17-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Bob23

Meditation of Clarity.

Greetings,

Let's keep things real simple as only clarity can.

If a computer screen is seen before you then that would not involve any complications because of it's obvious immediacy.

When the computer screen is seen in all it's obvious clarity there is no thought story of "I am looking at a seperate computer over there which is seen by myself over here."

One is clearly immanent and the other runs like a story which we tell ourselves involving a dualistic split of apparent seperation.

Now...is the thought "I am seeing that etc." the same as simply seeing?

One is clearly and immediately experienced and the other a story with the central character called 'Me' or 'I' as a prefix in the sentence amongst other seperate words filling in the description of the event.

That chair which is being sat on. Is it immediately sensed or is there a thought story of "I am sitting on a seperate chair" going on?

One is an abstraction and the other not.

It may be quite enlightening to simply and immediately see what is seen rather than narrate a story about it!

Is the thought, "My fingers feel the sensation of a keyboard underneath them", the same as the simple sensation and immediate registering of that?

Ofcourse everything will unfold as it always has, and being everything, will include thought stories of this 'Me' who apparently does things etc., but the whole point of this 'meditation' is to see through what is abstracted and not necessarily believe you are this seperate prefix (I) who pretends to be this character in the story of 'My Life' etc.!

Breathing is simply happening. Is there any 'I' which is doing this as in the sentence, "I am breathing"?

There are thousands of narrated thought stories going on any given day which go something like:~

"I am reading these words."
"I am drinking tea."
"I am looking for enlightenment."
"I am trying to avoid pain."
"I am thinking a thought about yesterday."
etc. etc. etc.

The common denominator in all these thought stories is the words 'I AM'.

All of these thoughts begin with the 'I AM' which is a simple and immediate declaration of existence. And this obvious sense of existence or life happening has as it's ground or foundation something which there are no words to name it with.

This nameless and blatantly obvious reality can be likened to a stage or platform for all of the myriad of dramas about 'Me' to apparently happen on.

Putting this back into the context of 'meditation', it may be fun to recognise this during all the unfolding ups and downs during the whole day or...lifetime for that matter!

All there is is what~is, and this has never been NOT available ever!

Isn't that great!

There has never been a time when this has not been available for either injoying and immediately experiencing or denying and pretending to look for!

Liberation, in that sense, has never been any where else waiting for you to be more worthy of it simply because it's already the case!

Believing you are the thought 'I' in the seperated and abstracted story may tell you otherwise though!

What better material can there be for clarity to laugh at itself than seeing that you are not your thoughts but the nameless which thought happens in!

This sort of meditation happens in any given moment, of which...there is only One!

Welcome home,

Bob23.
Closed Thread