Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-09-2021, 06:06 PM
Newbie ;)

I have tried astral projection for many years.

but it seems like something pulls me back to my physical body.
Old 17-09-2021, 10:28 PM
Master

Any thoughts of your body even at the back of your mind will pull you back into yourself. It happens to me a lot.
Old 18-09-2021, 12:19 PM
Lorelyen

It's effectively the same feeling as deep trance. You have to relax absolutely (and there are exercises to help train someone do that) and on earlier tries just let your mind wander so you get used to being just a consciousness roaming about.

You could have something in mind, a magical temple place which you could picture in your imagination in your ordinary wakeful time, and use that once you're 'off the ground'.

Point is, don't try too hard. Relaxing and if you feel yourself floating train yourself not to be alarmed which will pull you back. Don't try too many attempts one upon the next.
Old 18-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's effectively the same feeling as deep trance. You have to relax absolutely (and there are exercises to help train someone do that)

Hi Lorelyen, I would be interested in these exercises, could you explain or give a link?

Thanks!
Old 19-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Lorelyen

Ok.
There's the Yoga-styled body relaxation which is probably best after exertion but still works without, where one lies on a hard floor possibly with a light covering (bath towel?) beneath, then concentrate on the feel and ankles and relax them completely, working upward to the neck then facial muscles. If you succeed you should feel almost floating, as if levitation wouldn't need much more effort!

Calming the mind is more difficult. No point in trying to blank the mind for more than a few seconds - some people can but most (inc me) can't.
Just get yourself comfortable and as fully relaxed as you can. Best to use an armchair so if you nod off you won't start to fall off it - or a bed except you might go to sleep.
Just deep breathing and concentrating only on the breaths. Try to aim for about 5 seconds inhaling, 5 exhaling and try to get that up to 10.
It won't be long before stray thoughts creep in. You could try the goldfish bowl trick - imagine a goldfish bowl on your lap. On exhaling, blow the thought into the bowl and don't stop until it's there, then visualise yourself picking up the bowl and shaking it to swirl the thought around. Tip it out to your side if you want to. Return to the exercise. (There are other visualised dismissals).
However, that point where thoughts creep in is the one you really want to move into trance (it's where your consciousness is fully relaxed) so have some visualised prop or plan ready, or pre-program it (could be the door to your room?)

There are several suggestions on the web for 'taking off', like the lifting of a weightless body from the physical body and some preliminary exercises like floating or stepping forward from it and looking back on it. Some report a rope to haul yourself up on; others just feel yourself getting to your astral feet. I'd to start with a remembered clip from a dream - a wire fence I had to reach out for. It took some practice but after a while it would be there, and I pulled myself up onto it.

I was taught a preliminary exercise of (in total relaxation) visualise one of your hands roughly where the real one is. Lift the visualised one...look at it, move your fingers about. When you can do this without your real hand twitching you're about ready. You could try it with any limbs but the real ones must not move or feel anything.

Aromatherapy. Just a supplement. Lavender is one of the big relaxers. People have sprinkled it on their pillows to help with sleep.

All this might take time. Don't overdo trying. No more than a couple of tries per session. Frustration can set you back. Be patient and persistent!

Hope that adds a bit - and....if others have hints or techniques, let's have 'em!
Old 19-09-2021, 01:29 PM
Guide
Quote:
Ok.
There's the Yoga-styled body relaxation which is probably best after exertion but still works without, ...

Thanks Lorelyen, I appreciate your help very much!
Old 19-09-2021, 01:35 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Just find a teacher be a yogi, a shaman, etc.
A person that is able to do it well is capable of unlocking your full potential.

I would recommend Wisdom Rising – Self-Paced Program, and, Foundation for Shamanic Studies, Basic Workshop.
Old 19-09-2021, 02:04 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

If you do it right, the separation would feel smooth, natural & easy.

The variables you have to test with yourself to fix it:

A - More time in relaxing phase

B - More time in vibrational induction phase

C - Different separation method
Old 19-09-2021, 03:13 PM
Ascender
It's funny, these exercises about calming the mind actually come spontaneously in meditation.
Without forcing any visualisation, these kind of images have a strong resonance with a concentrated awareness.

Quote:
There are several suggestions on the web for 'taking off'
Can you take off at any time of the day, or is it for training and then, at night, you'll be more likely to AP?
Old 19-09-2021, 10:14 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Can you take off at any time of the day, or is it for training and then, at night, you'll be more likely to AP?
With things like this (and meditation) you have to experiment so you can choose the best times of day and one's general tone, I've found. If I work late into the evening, no chance for me!