Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-12-2015, 03:57 AM
Newbie ;)

Um... I might have a very, very solid case of this with a super complex backstory and everything.

I'm just confused about what you mean by a "character".
Old 05-12-2015, 04:19 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail
Um... I might have a very, very solid case of this with a super complex backstory and everything.

I'm just confused about what you mean by a "character".
Soulbonds are usually real life versions of fictional characters in books, television, games, etc. "Character" is common terminology, because it tends to be a phenomenon that happens to writers. Of course, you do not have to be a writer to soulbond, but that is a common way to end up doing it.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Ok then I have a massive Soulbond to the character I always referred to as my "alter ego".

I can go into detail if any one likes but it's a very long story. I mean looooooooooooooooooong.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Knower
Soul bonds usually are complex. I would like to hear please.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Well when I was younger, I was bullied a lot so I made up my own friends from books that I read. I was 12 so some of the first ones were the Twilight characters. I'd talk to them all the time. It sounds so sad when I talk about it now because I was 12 with my first imaginary friends but it is what it is. They faded away after we moved and I found some real friends.

The one that I say is complicated is Serria. She's my "alter ego" as my mother calls it. When I was 14 or so, I considered her to be what I always wanted to be myself. She was created as me in my imagination's little world when I was about 5 but never had a name until I was bullied in middle school when she sort of took on a life of her own. She has my same appearance only she's taller, and more of a ... I can't think of any other descriptor besides "bad***". I say that because she tends to wear all black with a biker kind of style. I know now that she became that way because I always imagined myself being her and defeating all my bullies as a kid so that persona just stuck.

When I was 14, I considered us to be two different people but she was my protector. That was the year I kind of lost any other imaginary friend I had to only have her so I fleshed out her story up until today (I'm 19). I've created a story, kingdom, even language and mythology for her. As I grew up and became more confident and happy with who I was, Serria became less of a separate person and more of a part of me. This became really significant when her eyes went from blue to brown. When I was really little, I was always jealous of girls with blue eyes(mine are brown). I really wanted blue eyes so Serria had blue eyes. Serria now has brown eyes.

I don't mind admitting that I still regularly see a therapist because it's nice to have someone to talk to. She's gotten to know Serria and told me that because of how bullied I was as a child, I created another person in the same way as people with Multiple Personalities(Dissociative Personalities) do only I never did the "dissociating" part where I became Serria physically.

If you googled her name, Serria Yisasia, you would actually find accounts and such under her name because that's how I used to identify myself online since she's who I wanted to be.

Obviously that has changed.

I fully consider Serria to be just as alive as I am.

I'm open to questions incase I missed something :)
Old 19-08-2021, 09:25 PM
Master
I feel as If I have an attachment to a character couple of the Science Fiction story I have in my head . the Earthling is based off of me as a teenager in the late 1970s whose partner is a Celestial Energy being . the male energy being is inspired by 2 men all in one. He has the body physique / height of Prince Rogers Nelson, His Height stature and Physique were just perfect. (Minnesota ) the facial features and inverted headshape of Anthony Goldee Williams (Ohio) . the Speaking voice/swagger/fashion sense of Anthony Goldee Williams . the singing voice/vocal range and type / multi instrumentalist of Prince Rogers Nelson. my fictional extraterrestrial husband is larger than life.

Last edited by girlsearching : 20-08-2021 at 03:59 AM.
Old 20-08-2021, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
SoulBonding : A soulbond starts strong emotional attraction to a character, whether they be pre-existing characters or original characters, which eventually results in a thoughtform that one can converse with using mindvoice or tulpish (sending raw emotions/concepts). Often times, people make soulbonds accidentally (and that's okay!), not realizing what they're doing. A soulbond will also usually retain the personality/form of the character it was based off of.
I believe the idea that: somewhere--someplace--whatever we can think of or imagine, actually exists in some form or fashion in another realm and alternative universe.

Have you guys ever thought that maybe somewhere that your fictional characters/OCs in your writing may exist and are living out the very lives that you composed for them?
Do you ever wonder if they hate you or love you for it ?
Old 20-08-2021, 02:10 PM
Wow a thread from 2015!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-08-2021, 01:32 PM
Master
soulbonding can also be with characters from movies - The Harry Potter characters and their world or Video game characters . You do not have to be a writer to experience a soulbond .
Old 24-08-2021, 04:50 AM
Master
Quote:

.soulbonding//an_introduction

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats."
—Richard Bach, "Illusions"

//

A disclaimer: This introduction, while attempting to cover as broad a range of experiences as possible, reflects only my own standpoint and opinion on SoulBonding. The experience is not alike for everyone, or indeed anyone; if you find yourself identifying with some of the concepts presented here, but disagree with others, you may want to try some alternative perspectives or, better still, write your own essay for that section and share your views with others.

//

SoulBonding. An esoteric word with a funky capital in the middle (or not, depending on how you choose to spell it - either way is acceptable). It's a term you may have heard tossed around the net quite a bit - or maybe this is your first encounter with it. Either way, what does it mean? What's it all about? And what's all this talk of characters in people's heads?

As proposed by Laura Gilkey, an encompassing, dictionary-style definition of SoulBonding is:

soulbond: v. to form and/or experience a robust mental or empathic connection with one or more fictional characters.

Or to put it in prose: ever been so connected to an "imaginary" person, whether your favourite comic-book superhero, the tragic nemesis of a Shakespearean play, your fictionalised interpretation of a famous author or an entity of your own creation, that you literally couldn't get them out of your head? That you felt as if in some way, whether silent and unmoving or active and participating, they were with you or by your side? That their worlds and experiences were a personal story that they shared with you - or that their journeys were more than merely stories, but that to the both of you, they were as real as any other?

This is what we call a SoulBond. Or a Soulbond. Or soulbond. Or possibly muse, or "imaginated lifeform", or whatever other term you prefer to use. It doesn't really matter what you call it; only that you are not alone in the experience.

The "mental or empathic connection" mentioned by Laura - the "link" you have to the character - is sometimes one-way, a feeling of looking in on their world and observing them or moving beside them, without being noticed or acknowledged. This is often the experience had by people when they first SB in their childhood, or when a connection to a SoulBond isn't particularly strong, though for some people this may be their primary way of SoulBonding, and of course there's nothing wrong or "lesser" about that. The most common experience of SoulBonding, however, is as a mental or emotional "presence"; you may feel unusually affected by the character's emotions, have the experience of "seeing things through their eyes" and knowing how they'd react to a certain situation, hear or see them comment on and observe the world around you, hold personal conversations with the character themselves or simply be aware of their "presence" beside or within you. Ultimately the best way to describe the experience, trite and provoking of insanity-related comments though it may be, is of "having the character in your head".

SoulBonds are related to, but distinct from most other types of mental and empathic connection (multiplicity, channeling/telepathy, spiritual contact etc.) in that they have "fictional" origins - whether characters from external fictions (TV, movies, video games, comic books/manga, novels/short stories, plays, fanfiction, etc. - known as outsourced SoulBonds), internal fictions (your own stories or imagination - known as original SoulBonds), or less commonly, internalised/fictionalised "versions" of Earth-world people (authors, band members, etc.). However, many may argue that this distinction is a rather artificial one, believing that what we consider "fictional" is just a channeling of worlds and existences outside our own experience (see Theories of SoulBonding); and there are occasions where the line between "fictional" and not does blur, such as a "character" who appears in your mind without provocation or conscious thought and is not from any recognisable fiction. But generally speaking, a SoulBond can be roughly defined as a person who you connect (or initially connected) to via a fictional, imaginary or inspirational source, as opposed to astral travelling, channeling, spirit walk-ins, mental "splits", conscious creation of entities for specific purposes, and so forth.

Beyond this basic concept, SoulBonding experiences vary widely. Some people envision their SBs as living solely within their own story-worlds, continuing their lives as normal with you as an extra friend (or barely-tolerated acquaintance) in their world. Other people have what's known as a "mindscape" or "soulscape", their own inner/other "world" or "place" where SoulBonds may live, or just come together to interact outside of their own story-worlds. Still others may see their SBs existing in spirit-form in the world around them; sitting on park benches or standing at bus shelters. For yet others it may be a simple "empty space" or "grey area" within the mind, or a feeling that the character lives within you and alongside you, peering over your shoulder at the world outside. Some SBers experience a combination of these interactions. And yes, some SoulBonds are capable of "fronting", or having bodily control - either briefly or for extended periods, either with consent or autonomously, either with you at their side or entirely on their own - but that's something for another essay.

Some SoulBonds will voice their own preferences for things, or make them felt silently; they may like certain types of food, or enjoy a particular genre of book or movie (and yes, SoulBonds sometimes even gain their own SoulBonds this way!), and encourage you to try those. Some have phobias or dislikes that their SoulBonders are (or should be) respectful of. Some are wild jokers; some are pensive and serious; many are neither, depending on the original character's personality. Some may have an interest in the Earthly world; some may shun and fear it, or refuse to believe in its existence entirely, maintaining that their existence is the reality and yours the fiction. Some have horrific pasts or emotional wounds, and need to be treated with tenderness and care; others are headstrong, belligerent, comfortable in their skin; still others are daydreamers, or poets, or just ordinary highschoolers (though of course, in fiction, no highschooler is ever too "ordinary").

Some may be confidants or mentors, guardians or guides, encouraging you and providing a means for you to explore your own self and examine your motives. Some may reflect a person you'd like to be, or a side of yourself that you have difficulty expressing; your darkness, or even your light. Some may be lovers; some may just be friends. Many are all of these or none of them, but simply individuals with whom you happen to share mental or emotional space, regardless of physical location. You may not even like them all the time. But your SoulBonds, being that they were the ones you felt a special connection to out of all others, will probably tell you something about yourself - your dreams, your desires, and who you truly are. And in turn, you may find that you touch something unique in them that no one else could reach

I have an attachment to my Couple OC's (Original Characters) for my Sci-fi story. I'm jealous cause she has a guy who is literally "Out of this World "and "Larger than Life" but my woman OC is inspired after myself only better.