Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 07-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Master

Just watched the video of John Trundell “Becoming Human” and absolutely loved it. Thanks for that Native Spirit.

Just love this guy.
Old 07-01-2023, 02:59 PM
Knower
Becoming human is a good talk by John.

Here is my favorite song from my favorite album of his.
The drum, Johns poetry and my wife's cousin Milton (AKA Quitlman) singing.
We've traveled many miles to this album, going from Rez to Rez and Ceremony to Ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HiuUfecumk&list=PLxabnVY97eqrjFnSyZuhIAyp SRFFV10Zv&index=10
Old 07-01-2023, 04:36 PM
Master

Re Eezi

Just listened to that Eezi. Beautiful!!!!

I bought a great cd when I was over there a few years and I just loved it but it got lost somewhere on one of my moves. I think it was called Broule or something like that. What a gorgeous Native American man the singer was lol
Old 07-01-2023, 07:48 PM
Knower
Red
Is it maybe this group Brule or Brule Airo???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeP8x4soB50

It looks to me like Brule merged with Airo to become Brule Airo.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Administrator
I love it it really touched me

Namaste
Old 08-01-2023, 10:09 AM
Master

Yeah Eezi that was the band Brûlé. I’ve just listened to the one you posted that is also good. I loved it when he started talking in his own language. Beautiful voice!
Old 08-01-2023, 10:32 AM
Master

I was told about this band a few years ago when I was over there. They were really popular. We played it in our car the whole trip. My friend and I had a fabulous time with some Native Americans.

We hired a car and drove east to west across the prairies and ended up at Bear Butte. Then camped at the foot of the mountain for a few days. A place were not many tourists go and We sat around a camp fire each night with some other people, mostly native Americans whilst Ralph Red Fox (I think that was his name) told us stories about his people and his experiences. It was awesome! He Also took us up the mountain to do ceremony.

Can’t believe the size of the Bison out there. They are absolutely humongous!!!

Also visited the place where they are creating a carving out of the mountain of crazy horse. Brilliant. Do you know if that’s finished yet.

Lovely memories. Just thought ide share them for anyone interested.
Old 08-01-2023, 05:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
We hired a car and drove east to west across the prairies and ended up at Bear Butte. Then camped at the foot of the mountain for a few days.

Cool, glad I could help with Brule.(now you can youtube them whenever you want )
Crazy horse statue. No it is not finished.

Bear Butte. I know it well.I have spent many days over a few years a month at a time during Vision Questing season (June)at that
Sacred place keeping Fire to help out people do vision quest and vision quested there myself back in the 90s.
I believe all/most of the Medicine men I have known and helped through the years have received their Power and Visions there.
Civilisation is closing in on that Sacred Butte now, it hurts my Heart.
The "progress" all comes from the Sturgis Motorcycle rally so it is geared toward drinking
and wild behavior which seems a bit sacrilegious to me.

Bison are majestic and strong.
Maybe a Bison song is in order.

Well, I did find the Tanaka Oyate singers so I'll share that.(Buffalo Nation singers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4isN4Ia5_rE
Old 08-01-2023, 06:17 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
A place were not many tourists go and We sat around a camp fire each night with some other people, mostly native Americans whilst Ralph Red Fox (I think that was his name) told us stories about his people and his experiences.

I don't mean to get all up in your business but is this him??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLiwq2iEB6k

If so, He is a sweet Humble man that carries much Wisdom in His words.
Old 08-01-2023, 07:34 PM
Master
Brule

I have a CD called ' One Nature ', my fav: track is Morning Star, I can actually feel vibrations inside while listening to it, it's beautiful