Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 02-09-2021, 07:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Who wrote the Qu'ran

Who wrote the Qu'ran?
A good article here:-
http://https://www.psephizo.com/life-ministry/who-really-wrote-the-quran/
(Of course, I will not enter into any discussion with anyone who chooses to dispute anything in the article)
Old 02-09-2021, 07:48 PM
Master
I remember reading about a Fragment of the Quran which pre-dates Muhammad, if I can remember which Museum has it in their collection I will Post it....
Old 02-09-2021, 07:59 PM
Master
Here we are Cob... It's interesting.
https://www.ancient-origins.net/news...ohammed-003723
Old 02-09-2021, 08:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Here we are Cob... It's interesting.
https://www.ancient-origins.net/news...ohammed-003723
Yes, thanks.
This sort of scholarship, backed by modern methodologies/analysis, will come to the same conclusions as already drawn for the Old Testament/NewTestament. i. e. That they are the product of human beings, not of some transcendent Being dictating "his" will to humankind.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
Who wrote the Qu'ran?
Yeah, who? I am glad to find you here/
Somoo explained that Judaism is a distortion of God's message to the Jewish prophets (Moses, Jesus, Abraham) and Islam has it right. If what somoo said is taken as the basis for discussion, then Islam cannot stand as a religion with a distinct belief system of its own. We can say the same thing about Buddhism which has roots in Hinduism. It is a wild oat.

Judaism, in the eyes of the Muslim (according to somoo), has strayed from the true path. Jews, who followed Jesus and viewed Judaism as obsolete, created a new sect that morphed into Christianity. Ok, this is a case of two Jewish brothers who don't see eye to eye.

Islam came later in a sudden flash 700 years after Jesus. It sprung out of the Arabian Peninsula in Mecca to be a religion of the Arabs. Despite what somoo said, there is a disconnect here. Islam may share the same "father" as Judaism, but it doesn't seem to have the same mother. It has Arabic DNA.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Yeah, who?

As I''ve said elsewhere, I see only one "revelation", Reality-as-is.

Those who wish to see any particular revelation as pre-eminent, even the "only" one (or "way), are welcome. It is not my way.

Really, in a sense I'm with the perennialists such as Guenon, Coomaraswamy, Pallis, and Schuon who write of the underlying Logos, Word, etc etc that is the source of all the Major Faiths.

I have sought to articulate this elsewhere.
Old 20-12-2021, 07:16 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Deleted ---2-3 sentences when quoting, Maya El.
I heard on one of Jordan Peterson's videos where he interviewed a Muslim man I can't remember his name but he was a camel hertzman growing up and his tribe was a book tribe meaning they studied and memorized all the written Islamic history and a big part of the Islamic theology and one could even say the backbone of Islam is Greek philosophy which I was surprised to hear that but I'm definitely going to do some digging and see what I can find in regards to what that man said.
Old 20-12-2021, 08:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
This was a very interesting article. Thanks for posting.

The differences between the Mecca sutras and the Medina sutras are indeed quite obvious to even the most casual observer.
Old 21-12-2021, 07:12 AM
eninn

The Quran has been memorized
Because God saved the Quran from changing
The predicate is connected
And the writers of the Quran are known generation after generation

If one refers to the teachings of the Quran, he descended directly on Muhammad through the intermediary of the Angel Gabriel (Jibril in Arabic), who received him from Almighty God (Allah) and who then recited to Muhammad, fragment by fragment, verse by verse, thus revealing small and large parts over a period of 23 years.

The assembly and order of verses that we know today have never been altered by Muhammad. It was Jibril, the Angel of Allah, who gave the instructions on how to order the verses with each revelation of the Quran.

"If Muhammad could not read or write, then his friends had to write the Quran (like the Bible), right? "

NO ! Again, they didn't have to write it down to keep it, even though they did. They all memorized it completely after hearing it.

Some of them wrote it on animal skins, others on large stones or palm leaves, because the Prophet Muhammad had asked them to do so.

So, they wrote down what they heard and this is the written form of the Quran. They all memorized the Quran for themselves and transmitted it the same way they received it.

The “word of mouth” method of memorizing is still in effect among Muslims today.

"Could they have misinterpreted or is it possible that they modified, added or deleted verses from the Quran? "

No, Allah tells us in the Koran itself: "If you doubt it, bring a similar book". So we see that, yes, it is a book. But this is no ordinary book, written by humans, and that's what we need to remember here.

Now is your opportunity to verify your statements, just as the Quran itself authenticates its statements:

The strongest evidence that the Quran is not (and will not be) distorted is that Allaah The Exalted challenged His creation to produce the likes of it; then He challenged them to produce ten chapters only and finally challenged them to produce even a single chapter. Today, this challenge remains open. If the Quran is fabricated, why can they not even produce a single chapter and defeat their enemy?

So far, no one has been able to produce anything close to the Qur'an in its beauty, style, meaning and prophecies. Scientific evidence makes the Qur'an the most talked about book in today's intellectual world.

1,500-year-old Quran manuscript may be oldest known copy

Recently radiocarbon dated copy of the 7th century Quran at the University of Birmingham.

A 1,500-year-old parchment may be one of the oldest known copies of the Quran, possibly dating to a time that straddled the life of the Prophet Muhammad, according to researchers who recently dated the fragments of the manuscript.

The text was radiocarbon dated, which measured the age of organic materials from the find. Researchers at the University of Birmingham, UK, found that the sheets of parchment dated back to AD 568 and AD 645.

Susan Worrall, director of special collections at the University of Birmingham, said in a statement.
"Radiocarbon dating has delivered an exciting result, which contributes significantly to our understanding of the earliest written copies of the Quran",

The Prophet Muhammad is said to have lived between AD 570 and 632 and, according to Muslim tradition, he received the revelations that make up the Quran between AD 610 and 632.

"The above observation makes the hypothesis advanced by those who see Muhammad as the author of the Qur'an untenable. How could a man, from being illiterate, become the most important author, in terms of literary merits, in the whole of Arabic literature? How could he then pronounce truths of a scientific nature that no other human being could possibly have developed at that time, and all this without once making the slightest error in his pronouncement on the subject?"
Maurice Bucaille, THE BIBLE, THE QUR'AN AND SCIENCE, 1978, p. 125.

كيف تم حفظ القرآن؟ - إيبيستيميكس 9 مع عدنان رشيد
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20pcjxfpe9U

Scientists confirm the authenticity of the Qur’an

Oldest version of the Quran at the University of Birmingham - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUSLHTqYWmE
Old 21-12-2021, 08:02 AM
Master
eninn,
once more, nice comments.

One person I used to know, was adamant what the Qur'an 'said'.
He didn't own a Qur'an nor did he want to possess one. He just knew what it said.

One thing he would tell people is the Qur'an does not even mention the word LOVE, not even once.

I found it amazing he could ascertain that information so I went to see if it was true. I opened one of my copies of the Qur'an and after turning a few pages, was surprised to find that the word LOVE was in the Qur'an. I thought, maybe it was a 'fluke' so I turned several more pages and was surprised, the word LOVE showed up...... over and over again.

I guess the moral of the story is: a person might want to read a particular book before they tell people what it 'says'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜