Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 12-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Knower
Enjoying the present and be HAPPY

I’ve talked and still like to talk about how letting go of the past and moving on. I’ve realized and understood so many things about how to really forgive that I didn’t think it was possible. In a way, I’m also glad for all the things that happened to me as it taught me such deep valuable lessons. But now I think it’s cool to talk about the PRESENT, rather than the past. Okay so now you got your closure, let go of the past, release all blocks, but what now?

I was in this situation just last year. Even when I started to move on and getting self-closure, I still felt numb at times. Numb at life, numb at compassion, numb at happiness. I felt like, what am I doing here? I’m not depressed but… I felt nothing when it comes to living. I didn’t feel hopeless, but I was, “If I die right now I’d pay no mind to it”. I just seemed to have no motivation or need to live anymore, just because I think I’m bored. Now that I had so many amazing ideas and plans that I want to make it happen, it gives me a boost of motivation and self-confidence. I tried my best to ALREADY start any projects that I want to be successful in the near future. If you want your goals to be achieved, then you gotta start now. So I guess I found a reason again to live in the present and enjoy my time, as I devote myself to my passion. I am an artist and I want to become better at art. I just know that this is a big part of my life purpose, as I truly believe you could help and heal others through paintings. It gives me happiness and hope by helping others.

But what if you feel stuck? And blocked? That you simply don’t have any ideas on what to do? No goals? No dreams? I believe we all have dreams. We all have goals. You might think or feel that you don’t have one, but we have it deep inside our hearts. Try to remember all those years ago when you were a child. What did you want to be? A singer? A doctor? An artist? I’m not saying you should pursue your childhood dreams as things could change as we grew up, but what I’m saying is try to remember all those happy exciting moment in life where you had a dream. A goal, that you wanted to achieve and you felt like nothing could stop you! Try as best as you could to think any hobbies, activities, or anything that brings you happiness and joy.

There are so many ways to enjoy the present, and I know all those beautiful quotes won’t really help because hey, it’s easier said than done. So I tried my best in this post to really explain it to you. I don’t think you can be like, “oh look at that 7 to 10 words about positive thinking!” BOOM! “I am now mr/ms.Positive!”

It’s NOT like that, I know. It takes a lot of courage and energy to keep on living, especially when you feel like there’s nothing left to live for. I can’t say everything is the same for everyone, as we all have our life experiences and so on. But as hard as it is, try your best to not waste time. Time is precious.
Old 15-02-2016, 05:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlswan
I’ve talked and still like to talk about how letting go of the past and moving on. I’ve realized and understood so many things about how to really forgive that I didn’t think it was possible. In a way, I’m also glad for all the things that happened to me as it taught me such deep valuable lessons. But now I think it’s cool to talk about the PRESENT, rather than the past. Okay so now you got your closure, let go of the past, release all blocks, but what now?

I guess now it's to forgive the present, and whatever happens to be the case, just forgive it all.

Quote:
I was in this situation just last year. Even when I started to move on and getting self-closure, I still felt numb at times. Numb at life, numb at compassion, numb at happiness. I felt like, what am I doing here? I’m not depressed but… I felt nothing when it comes to living. I didn’t feel hopeless, but I was, “If I die right now I’d pay no mind to it”. I just seemed to have no motivation or need to live anymore, just because I think I’m bored. Now that I had so many amazing ideas and plans that I want to make it happen, it gives me a boost of motivation and self-confidence. I tried my best to ALREADY start any projects that I want to be successful in the near future.

Yep, the visualisation and contemplation help to set all the details, but you still have to move toward it and make it happen. We all know dreamers who don't put in the work, right?

Quote:
If you want your goals to be achieved, then you gotta start now. So I guess I found a reason again to live in the present and enjoy my time, as I devote myself to my passion. I am an artist and I want to become better at art. I just know that this is a big part of my life purpose, as I truly believe you could help and heal others through paintings. It gives me happiness and hope by helping others.

Indeed. What they call 'art therapy' has shown good results, and they even have colouring in books for adults that are said to be therapeutic. It helps to get lost in the flow of life while still requiring the conscious presence of attention.

Quote:
But what if you feel stuck? And blocked? That you simply don’t have any ideas on what to do? No goals? No dreams? I believe we all have dreams. We all have goals. You might think or feel that you don’t have one, but we have it deep inside our hearts.

Presently, and for the last few years, I haven't had any aspirations, so I went back to school, not with any particular goals, but by process of elimination of things I wasn't at all interested in, I ended up studying in human services.

Quote:
Try to remember all those years ago when you were a child. What did you want to be? A singer? A doctor? An artist? I’m not saying you should pursue your childhood dreams as things could change as we grew up, but what I’m saying is try to remember all those happy exciting moment in life where you had a dream. A goal, that you wanted to achieve and you felt like nothing could stop you! Try as best as you could to think any hobbies, activities, or anything that brings you happiness and joy.

In my case, I tried things and never had much success, so I found myself at dead end streets, and that's when I ran out of steam and had no more ideas about what I wanted to do - then ended up going to school like I said.

Quote:
There are so many ways to enjoy the present, and I know all those beautiful quotes won’t really help because hey, it’s easier said than done. So I tried my best in this post to really explain it to you. I don’t think you can be like, “oh look at that 7 to 10 words about positive thinking!” BOOM! “I am now mr/ms.Positive!”

Indeed. Positive thinking is way overrated. Things take a deeper sense of ... confidence.

Quote:
It’s NOT like that, I know. It takes a lot of courage and energy to keep on living, especially when you feel like there’s nothing left to live for. I can’t say everything is the same for everyone, as we all have our life experiences and so on. But as hard as it is, try your best to not waste time. Time is precious.

That's well said. All our moments are precious. Time is precious. Better not waste any of this life. Be alive for it. That's what being present is.

You user-name is great!
Old 16-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Knower
Thanks for sharing your story! ^.^ I'm glad that you understand about this. And thanks haha, Idk I made up that name randomly.