Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 21-02-2023, 02:33 AM
Master
Becoming no-thing

Meditator meditating in thought rested stillness
Identity yet is and with it carries beliefs and concepts
So sounds, images, light or subtle vibrations may manifest
In the background there is our soft breathing and bliss humming
Identity is yet the subject and myriad sensations the objects
Then everything simply drops away and there is no-thing
What is, is awareness self-aware, self-luminiscent
Innate aliveness of Self without any attribute

Being self-aware, awareness as such is complete
There is no going or coming or doing to be done

Choicelessly choosing to reactivate mind-body
Pristine awareness self-aware pervades form
Present simultaneously both here and 'there'
Fully functional from fulcrum of detachment
As nonchalant peacefulness so witnessing

Let’s look at this quote from Ashtavakra Gita verse 20.3

“Where is Knowledge and ignorance?
Where is “I”?
Where is “this”?
Where is “mine”?
Where is bondage and liberation?
Self has no attributes”

21-February-2023
Old 22-02-2023, 11:19 AM
Master

Nice!! The unlimited potential that lies in pure awareness is... well, limitless... it reveals the true nature of one's self dissolving all limitations.

If I may add "Become the becoming itself" ( realize that you are the becoming itself ) and there will be no more becoming, no more moving from A to B. I must confess I only tasted this, not there yet, to embody it consciously. Only a few tastes and it has opened my eyes and mind, living it, being it, consciously, nothing more, nothing less than pure bliss.
Old 22-02-2023, 12:57 PM
Master
@ ThatMan ~ yes, ‘become the becoming’ would be more apt, as you so accurately put it.

About bliss, it transitions to peace, self-existent peacefulness ineffable.

The difference between this and Samadhi, as I see it is that in Samadhi there is no possibility to exit the immersion, requiring an ‘unknown’ higher aspect of ourself to bring us back, whereas recognition of the Self is in active awareness, both the transition as well as the coming back to form. Moreover, the self-luminous nature of Self, shining in its own light, is a completeness that cannot be described.
Old 22-02-2023, 06:26 PM
Knower

Beautiful :) Thank you for writing and sharing that
Old 24-02-2023, 10:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Self has no attributes”

I think the attributes of self are intelligence, awareness, understanding, wisdom, compassion, empathy and love.
Old 25-02-2023, 02:02 AM
Master

i think the self has attributes, but I'm not in a position to be able to discern what they are...
Old 25-02-2023, 02:14 AM
Master
@ Maisy & Falling Leaves ~ whilst centred in mind-body, there is a subject-object (dual) awareness. This pursues us even in the ‘dark void experience’ or say, in deep meditation, where lights, sounds, appearances may manifest.

Shifting from outer to inner polarity of senses, we experience a sublime fragrance, the inner sound current (celestial music too and receive telepathic communications), soma nectar dripping through in-form nadis*(*conduits, energetic pathways) and ‘see’ with our inner eye, divine forms and then an all pervading soft white, self-existent light. The mind then interprets these experiences and claims them as its own.

All this is great but yet requires a subject-object association, hence dual.

As we slowly become ‘empty of concepts’, simply present, aware but without any identity seeking anything, content to rest in stillness, in silence, then over time, all by itself, ‘something drops away’. We may say, identity disappears, the manifest universe disappears. Then, that that remains is Self, our true Self, which we are, complete, vibratory, luminous, in space & time dissolved subjective awareness, a singularity. All that is, is the Self.

This Self, which we already are, albeit veiled by identity, has no attributes. Attributes imply comparisons, comparisons require duality. Suppose for example, I plot the amplitude or texture of the bliss current that pervades my form, can I say it is constant and unchanging? No. Although there is a steady hum by day and night, the rapture can rise and subside like waves of the ocean. The bliss may ‘surge forth’ becoming uncomfortably peaked at times. So who is disconcerted? Obviously, the identity, which wishes to preserve its well being, feeling limited and separated from source.

Bliss transitions becoming ineffable peace for the Self. There is a completeness at this ‘level’ (it’s not really a level), wherein nothing is needed to be done simply because there is no one ‘there’.

I don’t know if I’ve been able to explain this.
Old 25-02-2023, 06:31 AM
Master
I’m not a bliss person but more aware of peace as an end product of process.

The no one there context in my experience,is I’m here in form but no longer attached to the nature of bodily reactions to external occurrences. Aware of myself as peace simply means I’m able to function fully as potential beyond that old system of ignorance, suffering and reactions. Or, even as I act and respond I’m not attached or judging the wisdom from my inner peace.

I’ve known seekers ‘stuck’ in bliss (believing it was the ultimate) and not fully functioning in everyday life. Caught up in this process, it showed me it wasn’t totally viable to live in this way. Where as peace allows the true self to exist, open and clear as a life experience. My human potential and true state living fully.
Old 25-02-2023, 07:21 AM
Master
@ JustBe ~ the bliss of which we speak is not a product of mind contemplating equanimity but rather it is graphic and vivid, felt in the physical as a magnetic throb in renewal continual, just like our heartbeat or breath. As such, a permanent attribute of being in occupation of mind-body. There’s nothing to be ‘stuck in bliss’ since we’re not ‘spaced out somewhere out there’ but rather are very much present here. In fact, we may say that bliss fixates our attention in the now continuum, enabling us to be always present in the now, without dwelling in the past or future. Something like an embrace-release orientation, moment to moment.

The transition of bliss into peace, at least as applicable in context to this thread, is the experience or rather becoming or recognition of Self. The difference is that in body there is an identity, a separate entity in duality and when we are the Self, the Self alone is the totality, as a singularity.
Old 25-02-2023, 10:02 AM
Master

I think I would say identification stops, not identity. The true self (the only self there is) (me or I) remains.

Last edited by Maisy : 25-02-2023 at 07:22 PM.