Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 05-03-2023, 07:21 AM
Master
Why see dead Flowers as a 'mess' , match your nature with Nature and enjoy ' life's seasons '....
Old 05-03-2023, 07:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
All of which requires ' effort '....

I like making an effort! Well to do somethings not everything.
Old 05-03-2023, 07:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
simply aware as awareness itself,
Oh awareness without thinking? I think that's what we are doing the majority of the time. I think the silence or gaps between thoughts throughout the day are actually longer than the time thoughts are present.
Old 05-03-2023, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I like making an effort! Well to do somethings not everything.
Yes there's a time and place for everything, 'wu wei' fit's in perfectly with 'Effortless' imo....
Old 05-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Master
@ U S
The Poem you posted is excellent (imo) thank you....
Old 05-03-2023, 11:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
From my perspective there was a shift during the discussion about the arising of suffering from a more theoretical and philosophical perspective to the perspective of the actuality of human suffering in real life...
At the moment there's a hard situation for me involving tragic circumstances which many people are unhappy over, but it is a celebration that brings people together in happiness at the same time. .
Thanks for explaining further.

I can see where your coming from more clearly.

In life we each carry our own suffering in shared ways and sometimes not shared. Sometimes when one who might be reading this thread is suffering in some way and seeks a way out, this thread gives insightful understanding in how one can do this.

I’ve experienced in my deeper despairing self, the unwillingness to let in anything but my own despair and suffering. At times I’d defend my right to be there and stay right where I was feeling, unaware that my feeling in my despair and suffering was keeping any other feelings others might be experiencing at bay.

I think from a mindful state of awareness, we can be mindful and aware of everyone in how they feel, but not until we ourselves are more clear and less caught up in our own suffering.

I think that’s where shared openness in how one feels and what is going on for them, allows for others to understand and become more aware of others, in a shared mutual way.

Your personal circumstances right now are difficult and I’m informed and I understand, I can relate to you and to your thread with an understanding and mindful approach to the nature of both what your trying to show and support others through and also what you yourself are moving through. Together, your presenting all of you to me in this understanding.

I see now what your expressing through the wearing of garlands.

In my own suffering, deeper despair, I had nothing to give to garlands, garlands did nothing for me. I was blindly unaware of garlands. So I see that there are times in the process of suffering where the light goes very dim, the dark is all consuming. The weight of that didn’t allow space for garlands then.

But through process we can attain and liberate that heavy despair and know that through all winters the sunshine and rain brings alive new growth, new beginnings.. but while we are immersed deep it’s hard to feel and know that.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 05-03-2023 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 05-03-2023, 01:26 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Why see dead Flowers as a 'mess' , match your nature with Nature and enjoy ' life's seasons '....
i had heard as child that flowers for deceased ones were waste and why not send money

but if we realize such as a fused link
then its note worthy to never or seldom attempt to

drag cemetery flowers off like for an gift elsewhere

sorta following along your lines of expression there sky
Old 05-03-2023, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seigo
i had heard as child that flowers for deceased ones were waste and why not send money

but if we realize such as a fused link
then its note worthy to never or seldom attempt to
What some see as a mess ( Dead Flowers ) is Natures way of Recycling
Old 05-03-2023, 03:13 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I think that’s where shared openness in how one feels and what is going on for them, allows for others to understand and become more aware of others, in a shared mutual way.
I agree with this. It seems the whole point of "Don't do that" is to get away from the philosophy ideas and also get away from the emotional reactions which only issue is that they are disruptive to our status quo. And instead to first watch and start noticing the depths of our reactions before we even consider a response.

But when philosophy and shallow reactions dominate the space, there will be no others sharing anything except memories or anticipation. Nobody is present to share anything. Unless just sharing of thoughts is the goal. For this discussion it was not the intent.

It takes a lot of discipline and right intent to make a space where sharing is possible on the deeper levels. It is heartbreaking for me to witness the blindness of the importance of that process but it is what it is. Anyhow that story is besides the point, the discipline demands for us to go back to the beginning and let that go as well. Being a source of a peace that is desired is the only way to make it so. As I see it. The only other possibility is divine intervention. From those levels though, consider that interference is unthinkable.
Old 12-03-2023, 08:00 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
But when philosophy and shallow reactions dominate the space, there will be no others sharing anything except memories or anticipation. Nobody is present to share anything. Unless just sharing of thoughts is the goal. For this discussion it was not the intent.

A discussion does require listening, thinking and speaking. I can't help but notice this is the 3d or even 4th "discussion" That uses the satipatthana sutta as a framework to discuss A particular look at meditation and truth. In all these discussions it appears as if the willingness to discuss is gone as soon as other points of view come into play.
That is not a wish to discuss in my frame of reverence.

In a way it`s sad though because the satipatthana has much to offer.
Much to offer in different ways, and it does leave room for very very different interpretations. A lot of those have been written about by sages and wise elders, A lot as well by contemporary wise people.

Looking at the discussions mentioned I see a pattern. Which could be cause for self-reflection by all involved.