Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 10-11-2022, 09:52 AM
Master

Sleep problem in child.

Hello.
She is 3 and a half years old and has never slept through the night due to sleep problems. She gets so tired that when she does sleep she snores so loud that you would suppose it was a great big giant of a man and not a little tiny girl. But then she keeps waking and when she does it appears as though she cannot breathe properly. She has been tested for anything Nasal related such as sinuses and polyps . All seems ok. So now they are going to do tests to see whether she is suffering from sleep apnea or similar and want to take her into a sleep unit in the hospital to monitor her at night.
But I wanted to ask if anyone has ever experienced anything similar in a child so young ?
Old 10-11-2022, 12:13 PM
Master

Re angelblue

Omg you must be worried sick, I feel for you.
I thought ide write and see if my situation can be helpful. I think going to the sleep clinic is an excellent idea because my husband attended one for the same thing. They did fix the snoring problem with a a kinda mask that he wore and which also attached to a machine. The difference was amazing.
Now I know this is an adult and maybe kids are given different things but I just wanted to tell you this because for him the sleep clinic was a positive.
Please let’s us know how things go.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:20 PM
Master

Thank you, and yes it's good to know she is getting the medical care she needs . I know quite a few adults that have to wear the sleeping masks during the night to help with the breathing and snoring issues, but Ive never heard of it in a child. I'm pleased that your husband is much improved .
And yes I will let you know on this thread the outcome of the sleep clinic with her .
Old 10-11-2022, 06:17 PM
Ascender

What about her tonsils and adenoids? They can become swollen and obstruct breathing. Also get her vitamin d levels tested. There's a migraine doctor who discovered that her migraine patients who had sleep apnea recovered not only from their headaches but also sleep apnea when they started taking vitamin d. She discovered through her patients that optimal d levels were around 60-80ng/ml.

Dr. Stasha Gominick is her name.

https://youtu.be/xF24xmJQK1k
Old 10-11-2022, 08:38 PM
Administrator
My brother suffers from sleep Apnea he has to wear a mask at night.
I have heard of a child with it but it turned out to be trouble with the tonsils and adenoids, Hope it gets sorted for her

Namaste
Old 11-11-2022, 07:40 AM
Master

Thank you all very much for your advice.
I too was thinking maybe tonsils .
She is due in on the 21st of this month .

She is not my daughter, but my niece, so I'm not 100% with all the details all of the time but I am in constant touch with her mother and I will pass on your theories of what it might be .

She is naturally very worried about the little girl. And of course the mum has not had a full night's sleep in 3 and a half years either, and also has an 18 month old too to look after.

I appreciate the feedback.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:04 PM
dreamt

My guess would some kind of allergy. I'd take her off anything dairy and change whatever she's eating. For example change from processed foods to natural/organic only for a few days and see what happens. Plain meat and veg would be best - no dairy, wheat, sugar.

It could also be something in the sleeping area, such as laundry detergent used on sheets.

It could be asthma either (My theory is that asthma is really an allergy, but just my own thought, I haven't researched etc).
Old 11-11-2022, 01:01 PM
Master

Hi dreamt , and once more lots of logical explanations there that one might not think of . In short , as of all the suggestions / support from this thread , it could be anything , but all of them very feasible explanations ...
Some of them I had not even thought of myself including allergies .
Thank you again .
And as I said before I will an update after the 21st.
Thank you all for your kindness .
I know that none of us know each other for real , but the support is just so heartwarming .

Thank you All .
Old 18-11-2022, 03:08 AM
Master
My child had apnea a due to several reasons, tonsil, low muscle tone, altitude, over unique anatomy features. He started with O2 and moved to a full face mask. He out grew the apnea, thankfully. �� I understand mom’s lack of sleep. I hope answers and solutions are found.
Old 18-11-2022, 02:44 PM
Master

Thank you very much Anala. I am pleased your son grew out of it. I hope my little niece will grow out of it too. We should know more after next monday.