Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 25-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Knower
Spiritual animal according to American Indians ?

How to know accordin to what they had believed ?
Old 01-02-2019, 02:56 AM
Experiencer
Closest I've found is "medicine cards " which liste a lot of animal symbols based on native American beliefs. The credibility of their sources is questionable, though. Other than that it just depends on what you can find from each tribe. Not all tribes have the same lore after all.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 08-02-2019, 04:49 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalsun
How to know accordin to what they had believed ?

Some are passed on according to clan or totem and depends on your bloodline/family.

Some are gained through experience and lets say vision quest or ceremonial activities. Or passed with a naming ceremony.

Some are just concluded as, Hey these guys are always around, especially in strong spiritual situations.

Just a few thoughts from the opinion gallery.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Some are passed on according to clan or totem and depends on your bloodline/family.

Some are gained through experience and lets say vision quest or ceremonial activities. Or passed with a naming ceremony.

Some are just concluded as, Hey these guys are always around, especially in strong spiritual situations.

Just a few thoughts from the opinion gallery.

Sometimes...... you can find out at the sweat lodge while in an altered state.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-09-2020, 03:34 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sometimes...... you can find out at the sweat lodge while in an altered state.

Sorry about the late response BigJohn
I just now seen this.

Yes, I agree with you.
I find it funny sometimes that when you find out
1 of a persons helpers or animal helpers you can instantly
see that characteristic has stuck out in their personality or physical trait.

Like, I had a friend who told me about how the wolf was one of his main
helpers. I looked at him and instantly seen how he looked like a wolf.
At least had characteristics of a wolf in his face.
Old 13-09-2020, 09:25 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with that my spirit Animals are the Wolf and the Crow.i was walking along the road some years ago now and two huge dogs came running towards me Baring their teeth,then i felt My animal walking with me he was a big wolf i could even feel his fur. the two doge ran off wimpering. the owner came out and said im going to report you for having a wolf as a pet.
as soon as the dogs went so did the wolf.

Namaste
Old 14-09-2020, 10:08 PM
ImthatIm

Native spirit
Nice telling of your experience.

I wonder if crow people are similar to Raven people?
I do know some Raven people.
Old 15-09-2020, 04:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have to agree with that my spirit Animals are the Wolf and the Crow.i was walking along the road some years ago now and two huge dogs came running towards me Baring their teeth,then i felt My animal walking with me he was a big wolf i could even feel his fur. the two doge ran off wimpering. the owner came out and said im going to report you for having a wolf as a pet.
as soon as the dogs went so did the wolf.

Namaste

Great account.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-08-2023, 05:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Knowing Your Spirit Animal

You will know a true spirit animal, because the experience will be profound. By experience I mean in both waking life and in dreams. Perhaps you are having an unusually deep thought and a spirit animal might appear to confirm your thought or give you hope. Or perhaps a spirit animal may come to you in a profound dream. Often these dreams are more lucid than most. Perhaps your whole life you have felt drawn to specific animals...they tug at your spirit in a strong way...often in a kindred way.

Some spirit animals are lifetime guides...reminding you of who you really are and to guide you along your life to your destiny. You will see them throughout important moments in your life, before you or in dreams throughout your life. Some spirit animals may come into your life briefly, aligned with whatever life experience you are journeying through, to show you the right way along at that time.
There is no right or wrong here. Or specific rules. Each individual's path is unique to them. You will feel deeply within you what animal is calling your spirit. Be open to their signs and messages.
Old 13-08-2023, 10:09 AM
Master

Aww Native I just luuuuv that story!

Thanks.