Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-09-2023, 08:27 AM
Master

And STILL, We are fearful when we come to the end of our life.
And as has been already discussed , it's not being dead that scares me, but how I'm going to die. No one wants to suffer , but it becomes real when the doctors tell you how you are going to die, and I'm sorry if that makes me sound selfish or weak. The truth is I'm frightened .
Old 06-09-2023, 07:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
And STILL, We are fearful when we come to the end of our life.
Maybe it depends what stage of life we are at. If we are elderly and our physical body is not what it used to be and everyday life is a struggle then death can be seen as a blessed release.

There is still the fear of the unknown, but if we are weary of life then we are ready to go whatever may happen afterwards.

But as you say, no-one wants to suffer. It would be nice to go peacefully in our sleep.

Peace
Old 06-09-2023, 07:41 PM
Administrator
I spoke to Nathan today his mother passed a few weeks ago she was in hospital she had what you suffer with Angel.
He told me she passed quietly and she told him the pain has gone
I used to work in a care home just before a few of them passed they went with a smile on their faces.

Namaste
Old 07-09-2023, 06:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Maybe it depends what stage of life we are at. If we are elderly and our physical body is not what it used to be and everyday life is a struggle then death can be seen as a blessed release.

There is still the fear of the unknown, but if we are weary of life then we are ready to go whatever may happen afterwards.

Peace
Thank you. The "unknown" after we pass does not frighten me. In fact it quite excites me , to see my loved ones again and to get to see how it "works" and whether all my images of heaven were correct or very wrong !!!!!!
Oh, and if nothing else I need to pinch ArchAngel Michael on the bottom LOL.
But it really IS the knowing of those last few weeks/ months of suffering that I'm struggling with now.
I have accepted the fact that I am going to die. But I lay in bed sometimes imagining the end and what is to come and I'm dreading it.
I was in my 50's still and rushed into hospital in 2020 with severe chest pain and bringing up lots of blood ( sorry) .
I was diagnosed with a severe chest infection and multiple blood clots in both lungs. I was on all kinds of drips and also on oxygen because I was struggling to breathe. My oxygen levels were at 85. Two weeks of this and finally I started to get better.
I had several X rays and scans.
At the time , and with the pain I did actually think I was going to die. I thought about the children etc, but I was in so much pain I didn't care about anything , I just wanted the pain to go away.
But as I said, I got better from it all.
However, I also got the devastating news that I had not one , but two , underlying lung conditions for which there is no medication, no cure, and I will die because of it.
So , to think I'm getting better , to be told that is very hard to describe.
Your whole world caves in. You wake up and remember and something inside of you drops . You feel it drop like your soul is heavy and saddened.
Life expectancy is not good and in the 3 years since it is getting worse and worse.
I now need a wheelchair, I find it hard to breathe if I try to do any physical activity.
The diseases I have are bi lateral apical lung fibrosis and severe Emphysema .
This combined is a condition called CPFE Syndrome ( not COPD ) and is very rare.
The fibrosis alone is rare , but to couple it with the emphysema is something doctors never diagnose within the same patient.

Ok, I realise I've just been "waffling" and I'm sorry for that !
At least , as my recently late father told me "There's nothing wrong with your blo*dy tongue .. " !!!
Old 07-09-2023, 04:43 PM
Master
As I have shared here in the forum many times before, I have seen dozens if not hundreds of people die, held some in my arms as they took their final breath. As a U.S. Army combat medic during war in Vietnam I found a dead baby lying on the road and carried it in my arms to a suitable place to bury.

Lots of people die in fear or great pain and some people die with a smile on their face and no pain. As I see it, the thing is staying awake when you leave this dream which we call human life. Practice staying awake every night as your body sleeps may help to detach from the dream of human life.

Leaving your physical body behind will definitely be a different experience, a different sensation, then having lived in a physical body for whatever years you may have. The sensation is very light and easy. The only thing that may freak out is our ego. But when your physical body can no longer sustain you it does not matter whether we freak out or not; we are going to go anyway.

Our deeper being knows the way to its true home, and I have found establishing a relationship, a connection, with what many call their soul, can bring a lot of comfort and confidence in the transition which we call death. Keeping our attention in the moment and not on what may happen next can also be helpful during this transition.

In my opinion we have got to be ready to die every moment of our human existence, because it can happen at any time. But also be grateful for the moments of human life which we have had.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 07-09-2023, 07:40 PM
Administrator
I would agree with that Starman.
I remember my friends grandfather who bought her up but she called him dad and her grandmother mam He had Parkinson's when I first went to the house
he was speaking to me.
my friend asked how i could have a conversation with him so i told her listen for key words. she found it difficult because it affected his speech he still

enjoyed a smoke so her mam gave him matches the match dropped on the chair he was sitting on, he was burnt pretty badly I went with my friend to go visit him in hospital.
He wouldn't let my friend wipe his mouth he asked me to do it by this he was getting frail.
he said to before i go will you come and see me.so I said yes if i could.

I was at home and suddenly I astral projected to the hospital all the family were around the bed. he held his hand out to me. and he said Now i have seen you I am ready to go.

Next thing I was back at home the phone rang .before my friend could tell me I said i know i was there. she said he wouldn't go without seeing you again

so what Starman has said is true some have got to be ready to leave.

Namaste
Old 07-09-2023, 08:42 PM
Master
Native Spirit, that was very beautiful what you shared. Even at the time of death there can be beauty.
Thank you for sharing that very personal story.

Namaste
Old 08-09-2023, 06:26 AM
Master

Thank you NativeS. Lovely story. Must feel really good to be able to help people in that way. A REAL gift!