Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 25-01-2023, 05:18 PM
Suspended
Master
Lyme disease

Quote:
Lyme disease is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi and rarely, Borrelia mayonii. It is transmitted to humans through the bite of infected blacklegged ticks. Typical symptoms include fever, headache, fatigue, and a characteristic skin rash called erythema migrans.

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/index.html

I read a book about Lyme disease a couple years ago. According to the book, the bacteria lives in the tick's stomach and it takes time for the bacteria to get from the stomach to the tick's mouth. I think it was 24 hours. You can avoid getting Lyme disease if you remove the tick ASAP before the bacteria gets to the tick's mouth and into you. I used to find ticks on me a lot when I used to go into the woods when I was younger. I don't know if I was exposed to the bacteria or not. I never got Lyme disease as far as I know.

I remembered reading the book after seeing this:
Woman Meets God; Learns The ONLY Thing That You Need To Do (NDE)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnmiiBj6DmE
Old 26-01-2023, 07:28 PM
Experiencer

It's a disease with horrible, long-term effects. We carry a proper tick removal tool when we're out-and-about and try to remember to check regularly for unwanted hitchhikers who also drain our blood.

They're in more areas than we appreciate though and diligence is easy to forget.
Old 26-01-2023, 10:32 PM
Suspended
Master
I Googled "tick removal tool" and found a lot of links to these tools. I guess I should get one some time. It might be that immunity to Lyme disease varies from person to person. Hydrogen peroxide and/or soap water can be used to remove a tick. I've heard of people using a lit match to remove a tick and also some people recommend against that and recommend using a tool. You don't want the tick's mouth parts left on your skin after you remove it.
Old 27-01-2023, 12:43 AM
Suspended
Master
strange
Quote:
A number of peer reviewed published studies have shown that Morgellons skin lesions are associated with Lyme disease. The causative agent of Lyme disease, Borrelia burgdorferi, and other closely related bacteria have been detected in Morgellons skin lesions. “This finding has been reproduced at four independent laboratories,” says Dr. Éva Sapi of the University of New Haven. “Thus the association between infection and Morgellons disease is reproducible if the correct detection methods are used.”
https://www.lymedisease.org/new-studies-morgellons-id/
Old 27-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Experiencer

It's best - I think - to follow reliable advice from organizations helping affected folk.

Old wives' tales about how to remove a tick may lead to a potentially dangerous situation where part of the tick gets left embedded.
Old 28-01-2023, 10:08 PM
Master
I don't think I've ever had a tick on me. I have a tick remover, just in case. It's a lasso.. LOL.
Ticks are especially common in natural grassland. Exposing legs in long grass is a no no. Heard stories of people even getting them elsewhere.

Fortunately there is time before the bacteria enters your body. It's always good to check for ticks, but also melanoma and other potential issues when skin gets exposed in warm months.
Old 31-01-2023, 12:59 PM
Knower
I had Lyme last year,

The erythema migrans was misdiagnosed so started treatment way too late.. as in after more than 6 weeks.
I was scared that it would take years to heal, as that is somehow how I thought of it. That said I took a pretty hefty Antibiotics regimen for a little over 2 weeks and after that I was a s good as new.

So there's that.
Old 07-02-2023, 10:53 PM
Suspended
Master
Nicotinamide for Lyme disease
https://www.healingwell.com/communit...f=30&m=3803011
Old 25-03-2023, 06:10 AM
MAYA EL

I had it for 13yrs