Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-03-2022, 03:38 PM
Pathfinder

Obesity and meditation

Why due to obesity I am not getting benifits of meditation?
Old 13-03-2022, 05:26 PM
Master

What benefits do you expect to get?

Peace
Old 13-03-2022, 08:11 PM
Knower
There are many types of meditations. I can't think of any which could be hindered by obesity. What kind of meditation do you practice?
Old 13-03-2022, 11:16 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohamfan11
Why due to obesity I am not getting benifits of meditation?
What is your practice? How does your physical condition influence your ability to concentrate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I concur.

To the OP, to reiterate, what do you hope to get out of meditation?
Old 14-03-2022, 05:41 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

Peace
I want to achieve thoughtlessnes, and healing and activation of chakras
Old 14-03-2022, 07:36 AM
Master

Quote:
I want to achieve thoughtlessnes, and healing and activation of chakras
Thoughtlessness, or the ability to sit with a quiet mind, is something we all struggle with, whatever our body shape.

Healing and activation of the chakras requires proper techniques and persistent practice. I don't know what meditation practices you have been doing, but in theory these do not depend on our physical shape.

Obesity may be an issue for meditation on a purely physical level. Perhaps an obese body cannot sit comfortably for any length of time. Perhaps the excess weight makes breathing difficult so we may struggle with some breathing practices. Perhaps obesity causes health issues which make it difficult to sit and meditate.

There may be many reasons why a person is obese, and I am not qualified to pass on any advice on the subject. But if you really want to lose weight then there is plenty of guidance available.

And perhaps a good place to start is to understand the reasons why you might be obese. For example, regarding food, it is not just about the amount of food you eat or the type of food you eat, but why you make these choices. It is probably more than just physical hunger, so perhaps investigate your emotional needs and what you gain from being obese.

Peace
Old 14-03-2022, 10:20 AM
Administrator
I would agree with what has already been said

Namaste
Old 14-03-2022, 02:01 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Thoughtlessness, or the ability to sit with a quiet mind, is something we all struggle with, whatever our body shape.

Healing and activation of the chakras requires proper techniques and persistent practice. I don't know what meditation practices you have been doing, but in theory these do not depend on our physical shape.
I simply close my eyes and chant a mantra non verbally for almost 1 hour.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-03-2022 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 14-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Master

Quote:
I simply close my eyes and chant a mantra non verbally for almost 1 hour.
So why does obesity make this difficult?

If it is simply because your mind tends to wander then that applies to nearly everyone who meditates. Often it is only when we try to focus on one thing to the exclusion of all else that we discover how difficult it is to have a quiet mind.

Peace
Old 15-03-2022, 03:01 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
So why does obesity make this difficult?

If it is simply because your mind tends to wander then that applies to nearly everyone who meditates. Often it is only when we try to focus on one thing to the exclusion of all else that we discover how difficult it is to have a quiet mind.

Peace
Because when I was thin kundalini awakening happend due to which all my chakras get activated, but when I become obesed my chakras get blocked.