Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 28-03-2022, 04:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
Someday I will return to India, for a visit.

Looking forward!
Old 28-03-2022, 09:45 AM
hazada guess

Interesting reading Bartholomew, but it leaves me with so many questions.
(Not that I am doubting your words).

For example, science say's that human's descended from apes whereas religion teaches us about Adam and Eve.
Could it be that both happened in unison?
Old 28-03-2022, 05:12 PM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Interesting reading Bartholomew, but it leaves me with so many questions.
(Not that I am doubting your words).

For example, science say's that human's descended from apes whereas religion teaches us about Adam and Eve.
Could it be that both happened in unison?
Without doubting there would be no advancement. Please continue to doubt, always.

In the classic (derived from literature) sense "creation" means the world, including all biological life and humans too, was fully formed in a short period of time not very long ago.

In it's common usage "evolution" refers to the idea that everything, including humanity, slowly appeared, little by little over a long period of time.

Must one model be Godless? Why? This is another example of divisiveness of thought.

In Bartholomew's account "creation" refers to the moment when the physical universe and it's heavens came into being. Science calls this the big bang. A key principle in this model is that "creation" is a continuing phenomena. Once begun it has never stopped. "Creation" and "evolution" are partnered.

"Creation" does not mean "made from nothing". No. God's (the Creator's) Will, directed upon high spiritual matter causes it to slow (it's vibrational rate), congeal and become lower plane spiritual matter. Continuing this process we finally see the appearance of physical matter. But it all comes from the mighty mind of the source, God.

In Bartholomew's account "evolution" is defined as the Creator's method of growth within which all life, mineral and biological slowly appeared, little by little. This process is still in evidence today.

This is a touchy subject for many but I have to say that my position is that "creation" was the beginning and "evolution" was the means of change that, once begun, has never stopped.

Are human beings descended from the great apes? My view is that this is partially true only. There is a quote which brings with it many questions in this area of thought. It is something like: "Made in His image". My position is that this is key to the question of our origins. In the continuation of the narrative, which will revert now to the "Story" thread, more will be said about this and other aspects of the nurturing of human life on our planet.

Let me conclude this response by reminding us all that we live in a world of divisiveness. This is the way of it in the lower planes. My view in all matters is that we should make the effort to merge opposing points of view and that, so doing, are better able to discern objective truth.

This response is not channeled from Bartholomew. It's just what I, James, thinks on the subject.

Last edited by bartholomew : 29-03-2022 at 06:49 AM.
Old 29-03-2022, 06:42 AM
hazada guess

Thank you James.

My thought on *Made in his image* refers to our soul, not our body, but then again I may be wrong.
Religion throws out so many questions which leads me to not take it seriously, but one day, we will all find out the truth.
Bartholomew's messages however are giving me much support and I thank you for this.
Old 29-03-2022, 06:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
Are human beings descended from the great apes? My view is that this is partially true only. There is a quote which brings with it many questions in this area of thought. It is something like: "Made in His image". My position is that this is key to the question of our origins.
I have not yet read this whole thread, but I have long struggled with this question.

On the one hand, physical forms evolve to become better expressions of the life force.

But then the Ancient Wisdom teaches that the earliest human races were more etheric, not physical. So the physical body was not a consideration for humans.

So was there a point at which the two met? By which I mean that a suitable physical form became available for human use at a time when the human race was ready to take on a more concrete physical existence.

And somewhere in the process the spark of Divinity was implanted giving individual consciousness and self-awareness.

If we can see a big enough picture then there need be no contradiction between science and spirituality.

Back to read from the beginning - I may find that the above points have already been covered.

Peace
Old 29-03-2022, 07:31 PM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I have not yet read this whole thread, but I have long struggled with this question.
On the one hand, physical forms evolve to become better expressions of the life force.
But then the Ancient Wisdom teaches that the earliest human races were more etheric, not physical. So the physical body was not a consideration for humans.
No. Those particulars have not yet been addressed but they will be soon. I've been waiting but I think now is the time for it. In about one week I will post the last part in Science and Spirituality and then revert to the Articles and Stories threads for the conclusion. This will be because the Lady, the First Angel, will have more to offer.

Here is a hint. The business of humans coming from apes is demonstrated to a degree by science delineating DNA and so on. This doesn't satisfy though. Science says that both environment and chance variations have a lot to do with DNA variations even to the point of a new species emerging. What habitat would induce an ape to no longer have hair that grew only to a certain length? We humans are not like this. Our hair will keep growing no matter the length. What environment caused apes to develop voice boxes capable of speech? What habitat would cause a change in the structure of the rib cage or the length or arms, or the mechanics of walking. Possibly being removed from an arboreal setting to grasslands, subarctic or prairie settings would cause those but how can we be certain? No. And then there is the unavoidable question of brain size. There was some other influence. Science has not yet discovered it but religion says it was to do with God. This is where the idea of "made in his image" comes into play. We are about to look behind religions and discover something new. I think that the family of apes served only as a template for what was to come.

Thanks to everyone for the interesting replies and... to be continued.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-04-2022 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 14-04-2022, 05:26 PM
Guide
Our narrative now continues, reverting to story form in Part 11, in the Articles and Story forum. Thanks for following.