Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 01-10-2020, 02:43 PM
Master
PRICES FOR CRYSTALS AND STONES MIGHT BE GOING UP!!!!

Now that the five Denver Gem and Mineral shows are over, it appears that only about 40% of the vendors showed up. This event is the largest single mineral, fossil, gem & jewelry show in the USA.

Around the World, it appears that many of the Gem and Mineral shows were cancelled.

Which makes one wonder if the Tucson shows, which consist of about 55-65 shows scattered across the city and when looked at as a combined event, is the largest in the World will be held next January and February. This year (2020), the events lasted for exactly one month. This coming year, it is hard to say how strewn out the shows will be.

So far, 23 events have already set dates and 25 events are TBA (to be announced). There are some events that are not even listed.

Here is a rudimentary list of the shows/events:
https://jogsshow.com/tucson-gem-show-schedule/

Because of these uncertain times, I suspect there will be a shortage of rocks, crystals, minerals, etc. which will probably force prices to go up (supply and demand)

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-10-2020, 02:47 PM
Master
The show that starts the year off are the Quartzsite shows which begin January 1, 2020. It should be interesting to see how these shows fair as they might reflect how other shows might fair.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:54 PM
Master
If they go up they go up. Nothing we can do about it.
The owners of the shop I go to always go to Tucson as well. Wait and see for 2021. They recently bought new crystals via the net with cam from a wholesaler / miner in Brazil. Amazing new-found crystals! Some were already in in the shop as they'd been flown in. The rest comes by boat because prices of air cargo have gone up since there are fewer planes now. So to keep the prices as normal they chose to do that.
People have to get resourceful and many are, like this Brazilian seller.

I'm not worried.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:45 PM
Guide

It's to be expected. These are strange times we live in.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:48 AM
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
If they go up they go up. Nothing we can do about it.
The owners of the shop I go to always go to Tucson as well. Wait and see for 2021. They recently bought new crystals via the net with cam from a wholesaler / miner in Brazil. Amazing new-found crystals! Some were already in in the shop as they'd been flown in. The rest comes by boat because prices of air cargo have gone up since there are fewer planes now. So to keep the prices as normal they chose to do that.
People have to get resourceful and many are, like this Brazilian seller.

I'm not worried.

I recommend if a person wants to buy a crystal, stone, mineral, etc., they might want to buy it now.

Yesterday, I went to one big store and noticed that almost all of the large, animated Halloween displays were gone. I asked one employee when they are going to get more and was told "That was it!".

I recently tried buying some crystal Kwan Yins, only to be told they didn't have any nor did they even have an idea when they would get some in. That company buys direct from China.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:27 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I recommend if a person wants to buy a crystal, stone, mineral, etc., they might want to buy it now.

Yesterday, I went to one big store and noticed that almost all of the large, animated Halloween displays were gone. I asked one employee when they are going to get more and was told "That was it!".

I recently tried buying some crystal Kwan Yins, only to be told they didn't have any nor did they even have an idea when they would get some in. That company buys direct from China.
I didn't know it was this severe. I won't be buying any crystal or stone soon simply because I have bought so many over the years but it's some good advice to others so take this into account.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:

Bear in mind that not every country will have to be in the same situation as the US.
I know there have been / are shortages in the US and people have been hoarding because of it.
We had no shortage here. Not food, not toilet-paper or anything else that I know of. I know in the US it's different.
The Halloween thing sounds similar and who knows, maybe they simply sold more than last year. Such things are season specific and you don't get more. Quite understandable. By the time it's in the US it's Easter. And a manufacturer in China isn't going to start up production line again because a shop in the US has sold out.
No reason to make another shortage story out of that as it's likely not related to shortage at all. Too many tall stories going round as it is.

I remember you announced a crystal price raise before, also in capitals, I think last year. That also didn't happen.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:40 AM
Guide

I follow Lapidary Dave on Youtube and he went to the Denver show and he indeed claims it is way smaller than before. I wish I could visit it.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylmar
I follow Lapidary Dave on Youtube and he went to the Denver show and he indeed claims it is way smaller than before. I wish I could visit it.
Went to the lumber/hardware store Sunday. Was going to buy some 2 X 4's. I was floored. The pricing have been rising. I asked an employee what is going on. He claimed people are out of work so they are doing home projects and have been buying the lumber like crazy.

Old 22-10-2020, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Now that the five Denver Gem and Mineral shows are over, it appears that only about 40% of the vendors showed up. This event is the largest single mineral, fossil, gem & jewelry show in the USA.

Around the World, it appears that many of the Gem and Mineral shows were cancelled.

Which makes one wonder if the Tucson shows, which consist of about 55-65 shows scattered across the city and when looked at as a combined event, is the largest in the World will be held next January and February. This year (2020), the events lasted for exactly one month. This coming year, it is hard to say how strewn out the shows will be.

So far, 23 events have already set dates and 25 events are TBA (to be announced). There are some events that are not even listed.

Here is a rudimentary list of the shows/events:
https://jogsshow.com/tucson-gem-show-schedule/

Because of these uncertain times, I suspect there will be a shortage of rocks, crystals, minerals, etc. which will probably force prices to go up (supply and demand)

In 2020, the Tucson shows spanned one full month.
For 2021, it looks like the shows will span only 1/2 month and some shows may never materialize!

One large company that puts up flats...... it looks like they are not doing that which, if true, there will be a shortage. Hopefully within the month, I will stop in and see what is going on. I hope my suspicion is not true.