Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2022, 01:56 PM
Master

Thanks Mizz H …

Believe me … I try.

I plan on posting a few more along this line in the coming weeks.

Thanks for your support.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 25-04-2022, 01:40 PM
Master

Considerations 129 …

Concept of Self …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

How many references have I made throughout these posts as to what your beliefs are … what your viewpoint is … what is your perspective … and all similar statements?

How many have realized … that yes … your beliefs *about* this-and-that are important … but for the most part … they beliefs come back to … and combine to formulate … your concept about yourself … what YoU believe yourself to be and how YoU relate to the world / life around you. Too many just look at the words of “concept of Self” and never really consider just how far-reaching this is.

You may be somewhat aware of how someone else is designing their life … but you will never be as familiar with anyone else as you are with … Self.

When real changes take place in your life … they are a result of changes within Self … your viewpoint of Self … your attitude towards Self … how YoU relate to Life. The actual changed event(s) may seem to be coincidence or chance … but that’s because you held the formative changes and inner requests to Life in vague, generalized terms … and it is LIFE that brings about the specific events that reflect these inner choices.

Once again … the basic premise … what you assume to be true in your life … *will* be true … for you … and whether these assumptions are detrimental or beneficial are of no matter … they will manifest into your personal space in one “form” or another. If they are “right or wrong” … they will still gel into manifestation. Anything you actually want in your life will not do so unless and / or until you have brought it about by a focused assumption and corresponding attitude / viewpoint.

And again … how many times have I claimed that mind cannot come along on the more distant journey? Mind … what your mental beliefs and perspective is … has brought you to “right now.” If you wish to change “right now” … you must begin to form and to hold to … viewpoints that are not part of your current mental assumptions. You are forming new ones from which to view and live. You begin to live beyond … mind.

Yes … once this is done … with enough practice and focus on any narrow perspective … it becomes a mental habit because of continued practice. Habit can certainly play a beneficial part because now you can begin to uncover and experiment something that is still further … that is another new aspect … that is more broad or beyond again where you “are” at the moment.

Everything revolves around what you believe yourself to be. If you do not believe such-and-such about yourself … then chances are that it will not be a part of your life unless someone else is trying to promote and press it upon you … which you will then have to resist an dismiss through holding to your stance … hence … inner discipline.

Most people attempt to use affirmations and “positive thinking” to lift themselves into more lofty areas. This is an accepted and natural place or level from which to start. You will begin to make real progress in all of this when you choose to devote some time and effort ( focus ) on your inner world when completely quieting the outer / physical body. Affirmations and such are great when you’re out walking around, driving, working, etc. Real work … is done when the physical body is quiet … and even more … relaxed into a light trance state … or perhaps a bit more awake than that stage just before dropping off to sleep. A great beginning experiment to learn this phase is to go gorge yourself on a nice pleasant meal and then lay back in a recliner or on a bed and just relax into a drowsy state as most people do anyway.

The trick? Catch yourself and stay at this level. It is here and now you begin to view from the new … to inwardly see the ideal … from the end … as if it were already in your life or a part of your personal life. See this new inner Self … delight in its passion … practice how it wold be if you already *were* this new ideal.

You can “arrive” at this stage and hold to it for five minutes … or longer … or you can often fall asleep holding to the “new” Self. All of these approaches are beneficial. They will begin to restructure.

Please … please remember … you cannot take a 30-year habit / perspective and turn it around with one or two inner stagings of this. You will continue to practice all of this and greatly enhance the surrender and development of this new Self … or … you can dismiss it all and wait for a half-dozen lifetimes to teach you the same thing.

If you are not ready to engage in this … then you are not ready to live by the Law of Assumption. If you are not ready to live but he Law of Assumption … don’t even try. It will be incredibly frustrating. If you focus this frustration on … “See? It doesn’t work!” … how would that attitude develop your inner viewpoint? Many times … it is better not to start than to try it a half-dozen times and then “get mad” that it didn’t correct itself overnight and drop back to the old habits and patterns.

You are trying to uncover your inner issues only to the point that you can recognize them … perceive them … know of them … determine them … and then immediately become objective / external to them so you can stay above them and begin to revise … then you can walk in its opposite. Always walk forward … inwardly walk towards your ideal … towards its correction / solution / what you would want it to be.

Do NOT keep looking at the problem and berate yourself from the problematic viewpoint. You will dig yourself into a hole that may take many, many lifetimes to work out of.

Be as objective, aloof as you can … towards your own issues. Do NOT get caught up in them. Be uninvolved with them. Pretend that you are looking at someone else … not yourself. You are about to set a course to walk beyond them anyway. Train yourself to intentionally view the opposite … view the ideal … always keep your viewpoint forward-looking … towards the better revision. You are redirecting your life.

Train and work with yourself to believe this new ideal. To walk with the eyes forward … with the ideal forward. The greater expansion of yourself. The greater ability. The better reaction.

You can do this … and you will do this … this lifetime … or one hundred lifetimes from now.

Start now.

More next Monday.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

A 90-post index is found at thread post number 370 … page 37

A second index for posts 92 - 120 is on page 51 … post # 501

If sincere … I will respond to private messages

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 25-04-2022, 04:28 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop

Be as objective, aloof as you can … towards your own issues. Do NOT get caught up in them. Be uninvolved with them.

This must be one of those paradoxes.LOL
Get involved with changing your patterns in Life but don't get involved. Right?
Old 26-04-2022, 01:16 PM
Master

ImthatIm …

Yes … this is one of those dilemma’s that mind abhors. I’ve written posts on avoiding the either / or approach … and this is a similar example … one is either involved … or is not involved. Spiritual writings are filled with such dilemma’s … pick one or the other … or leave the issue unresolved. A partial resolution can be found in the understanding of “action without action” … “seeing without seeing” … “doing without doing” … all of those.

This can cause the mind’s “eyeballs” to spin like slot-machine reel dials.

Resolution begins to open up many facets and features on walking the far steps on the path. It’s a perfect example of the answer being right in front of the individual all the time but the mind just hates to see … yet many of the advanced features of the path depend on its useful approach, understanding, and practice.

Care to take a guess?

Anyone?

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Last edited by zorkchop : 26-04-2022 at 04:18 PM.
Old 26-04-2022, 01:51 PM
hazada guess

No sorry Zorkchop. This is the thing about Spirituality. One find's oneself talking in Riddles to the point where you can't be understood,(And folk lose interest)..
Old 26-04-2022, 05:19 PM
Hi hazada -if I may, it's like the classic Zen koans - it stretches the mind in such a way as to not
see or figure anything out with logic...when that happens....Well, it's like the awe
that happens when we stare at that squiggly 3D poster that turns into Fighter Airplanes or Butterflies! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-04-2022, 05:58 PM
hazada guess

Sorry,Miss Hepburn,but many don't feel the same way.(No offence meant),but peoples minds start wandering., boredom set's in and people don't want to work their way through a long script.(Well, I personally don't).
Old 26-04-2022, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Sorry,Miss Hepburn,but many don't feel the same way.(No offence meant),but peoples minds start wandering.,
boredom set's in and people don't want to work their way through a long script.(Well, I personally don't).
You know what I appreciate the most?
Your politeness just now.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-04-2022, 10:00 PM
Master

There is an explanation for this approach … one that is easy enough for mind to understand if it’s willing to open enough … and the individual can incorporate it into their lifestyle if they are willing to broaden their perspective and put it to use … which is to their benefit … as it answers many of the paradoxical dilemma’s posed in this way throughout the writings. I may put all of this into a future post. Even the answer is not easy to grasp if the mind of the individual continues to hold to the either / or approach.

As I said above … the answer is right there … even the traditions hint at it … but it is not interpreted in the beneficial understanding that leads to a broadening if the individual wants to allow that. When the traditions talk of it … they use symbolic words that can … and are … misinterpreted … or … dismissed … often by design.

Without a doubt … if anyone wishes to be clearly told what this-and-that is … throughout the studies … they will often wait a *long* time. These phases are left to the individual to *work with Life* to figure them out on their own … which is something individuals at this level will do from then on … more and more and more. This is somewhat of a distinction of one who works from the Lower Psychic Worlds and from the Pure God Worlds … one first learns via mind … and then learns via LIFE … beyond simple or clear-cut personal experiences.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 27-04-2022, 08:21 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You know what I appreciate the most?
Your politeness just now.

Thank you Miss Hepburn.I try my best but unfortunately I have a temper which sometimes gets the better of me.(I'm working on it).
Closed Thread