Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 30-10-2014, 04:18 PM
EarthAngelPresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Maybe best not to try and 'round hole' these things. There's no one size fits all, quite the reverse, everyone is unique.

Yes, that which we sow we will, in the fullness of time, reap. A fundamental law of the Universe. Perfect justice.

But not everything is exacting karma. Life is for a purpose i.e. some lesson or value we need to learn to advance our soul.

Wisdom is a fine teacher, as is good example, but there is no teacher like experience ....

Oscar Wilde once wrote of the 'beauty of sorrow'. A strange use of words to most, but suffering and sorrow can give birth to compassion, empathy, understanding - and the desire to help others, because you know what they're going through.

So the next time you find yourself in the proverbial 'battle square', it may not be very nice, but in the grand scheme of things, there is a blessing in everything .....

perfectly put
Old 30-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Master

Thank you.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 30-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondeyez68
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to understand this Karma thing...Is it possible that you can get someone else karma? Like being born in a family of hard knocks and you're catching the hell they didn't get? Is that possible? I mean you can be the nicest person, but the amount of bad luck that comes on a good person, would make you wonder, what did they do??? It's a question I always wonder about and I needed to ask, maybe it's for a different forum, I decided to start here. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Almondeyez

I believe the concept of karma is generally not well understood.

There are two levels of karma: physical and soul.

At the physical level, karma is those with your family, ancestors, tribes, etc.
At the soul level, it is your soul lineage, your soul's relationship with other souls, etc.

We picked up physical karma when our soul picked a physical body to reincarnate in. They picked a body may be because of a physical location, culture, social status, etc. Then they inherently have to take on the karma that came with that physical body.

When you say there is incongruency between your spirit/soul ("the nicest person") and your experience in physicality ("bad luck"), then it may be that you have some physical karma. Or it could also be that you have a life lesson or theme to learn in this incarnation.
Old 30-10-2014, 07:26 PM
KevinO

I suspect karma is not a law of this universe but comes into being as a belief system due to the operation of motion.

In this place, every particle is in motion relative to every other particle. That is relativity theory and seems to be accurate in scientific proofs. On earth objects appear to have stasis, but they are moving. The speeds are so compressed relative to the speed of light-top speed for a particle-that we do not observe the motion unless we watch for a while. We tend not to stare at things for very long.

What does this have to do with karma? We have limited attention. Unlike God we can have direct attention (or conscious focus, same definition) only on one "thing" at a time.

When we put attention on one thing it appears to be moving either toward us or away from us. If it is George Clooney or Sela Ward moving toward you this might not seem too bad. A large truck moving toward you takes on another aspect.

Regardless it is where you look and the motion of that object that determines your viewpoint of it. Then you decide if it is a "good" or "bad" thing.

Objects on which you do not have direct attention, the very large majority, tend to orbit. Thus the planetary and star systems. Our attention is what creates the way things appear.

Since time exists only for the individual your time stream is what you observe and that is your karma. It exists for you as you choose. Or not at all.

At least that's the way I see it.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to understand this Karma thing...Is it possible that you can get someone else karma? Like being born in a family of hard knocks and you're catching the hell they didn't get? Is that possible?

Just out of being born in a particular family does not mean that you will get their karma. All that is happening to you, is the result of all the karmas that you had done in the past or past lives.

The extent to which negative or positive karmas of your past manifest in life, depends on the quality of your company , negative or positive.

Quote:
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to understand this Karma thing...Is it possible that you can get someone else karma?

Being dependent on a person or stealing a person's material belongings can make you beget their karma.

Eating food prepared by others can also make you beget their karma and vibrations in small amounts.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 23-11-2014, 07:13 AM
eileen rose

Quote:
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to understand this Karma thing...Is it possible that you can get someone else karma? Like being born in a family of hard knocks and you're catching the hell they didn't get? Is that possible? I mean you can be the nicest person, but the amount of bad luck that comes on a good person, would make you wonder, what did they do??? It's a question I always wonder about and I needed to ask, maybe it's for a different forum, I decided to start here. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Almondeyez

Yes, you can get your families karma.
Their unresolved issues (aka karma).
Usually karma appears as some form of distress or disease.
Some external manifestation that is held by the form (the fetus).

It is pretty subtle (hence all the replies that say it isn't so).
Nothing that can really be worked on, via the mind or general meditation practices.
So nothing to worry (or do) about.
In my view.

Luck is not karma.
There is no such thing as good karma or bad karma.
Just karma (unresolved issues held in the form via frequencies).

Bad luck, or suffering, occurs to all humans.
Part of the Adam/Eve dilemma (original sin) we all live under here on Earth....in Satan's kingdom.
No easy escape (don't we know).
Old 02-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Master
Karma is a thing often misunderstood. It is not a punishing thing. It is one tool for souls to learn. One way to learn that bypasses karma,as some would say, is if one reflects on what one has learned and understands what one did, and why. The full understanding of why, which may take some thinking to fully understand the fullness of the why.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Master
Also my understanding is that one can't take on another's karma. Though a soul may choose to incarnate into certain opportunities since it may help them to learn certain lessons, and or it may help others to learn certain things. Since souls may not incarnate only to learn themselves, but maybe to help others to learn certain things as well.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello everybody,

Almondeyez

In Kabbalah it is said that the children will pay for the sins of the father (paraphrasing) in that you are literally the incarnation of let's say your grandfather coming back to atone for what he left undone.

Another thing that comes to mind is that some of us are born to be catalysts, which means that those who we are meant to spur can have a nasty reaction to us, and to be in the presence of drama, well, it sometimes gets all over us.
Old 19-12-2014, 06:07 AM
Ascender

Karma is completely impersonal. It doesn't matter if you think it's good or bad, fair or unfair, just or I just. It applies anyway, just like the law of gravity. Karma does not have to ripen immediately. It can take months, years or lifetimes to ripen. Yes, a good person can have bad things happen to them but it may be karma ripening from many lifetimes ago. It can't be avoided.
Having said that if you are experiencing bad karma, do something good and positive. It won't make the bad karma go away but it will bring some good karma your way which won't make things seem as bad.
Good luck and best wishes with it all