Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 28-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Knower

Ensuring a Balance

I do chakra work each day by watching various YouTube videos. Some are songs with video, others mostly just sound, and some are guided meditations. I work on each chakra for three days, by watching several of these videos, before moving on to the next chakra. The exception to this is my heart chakra, which I try to work with twice a week, due to the fact that I have lived most of my life without empathy and compassion for others.

My question is, is this sort of routine problematic? Might it cause an imbalance? Do I need to work on each chakra each day? I suppose that I could watch seven ten-minute videos a day, split over a couple of sessions.

Additional Question #1: For those of the videos that include visual effects as opposed to just sound, is it more beneficial to watch with my eyes open instead of closing my eyes and concentrating on the area of the chakra?

Additional Question #2: How do you, personally, ground yourself? When do you do this? After each meditation?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Quagmire

You have to find your own personal way of during it. The way that works best for you. Personally I do not consciously work on my chakra's (maybe in past lives I have done it?). Doing it each day would bring imbalance to my life, yet if it brings balance and meaning to you then keep doing it. The best way for you to figure some of these things out might be to try out other ways to do it and compare if it works better of worse for you that way. Also remember that what worked for you yesterday might not be the way to do it tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 AM
MYFIGO

Joseph,

I think watching videos and reading about different techniques is a great way to learn new things that work for you. I believe we are all different in how we learn and how we see or hear things. One way might be extremely beneficial for you and yet another that works for someone else may seem lacking. Use your own feelings to judge this.

When I read about a new method and try it, I immediately sense that I feel great movement or awareness from it.

Another way to think about exercising the chakras is to relate it to physical exercise and the body. You'll want to use a balanced exercise program for all of the chakras. But you'll also want to be aware if one area is already very well developed and may not need so much attention.

Here are some techniques that were helpful to me and made a big difference.

The first basic chakra balancing was to visualize the chakra as a ball about the size of a tennis ball and rotating clockwise.

This was very difficult for me and I really had to focus hard to keep the vision. HOWEVER, when I thought of someone else I wanted to do healing for, I could truly SEE a vision of their chakra. It was many months before I viewed my own. You can practice chakra balancing on a pet and often see their chakras easily. (When I say SEE, I mean see as in a vision).

Once I could see other chakras, I was aware that they came in all shapes and sizes. When I could not visualize the chakra as I knew it should be, I realized that the chakra needed balancing and development.

I learned that you could visualize the chakra able to float up through an opening in the body and allow it to expand as large as it would like. Then I could determine how big a chakra looked and felt to see how well developed it was.

I learned I could apply REIKI over the chakra and feel the power from the REIKI. I used the symbol for "positive energy in" and "negative energy out" (Choku Rei and reversed)

I also found meditating and concentrating on the chakra balancing while holding crystals in my hands to be very impressive.

Using sound (mantras) while working on the chakras was so distracting that I didn't feel the full benefit so I only did it once. However, I did find that using Hemi sync cds (must use stereo headphones) was very impressive and I could feel the chakras respond to the tones.

I do remember in the beginning feeling so inexperienced and worried that I might be doing it wrong. If you do work with your chakras every day, you will gain tremendous experience.

I would work with each of them every day and suggest going from the bottom (to ground you) to the top and then I like to finish by visualizing the Crown chakra as a beautiful 1,000 petal lotus blossom and allow the petals to unfold one by one relaxing you deeper and deeper.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Knower

Thanks a lot for your response!

In your opinion, how important is it to do all of the chakra work in one sitting? I think that it would work best with my schedule to do the bottom three in the morning and the top four in the afternoon. I will try that tomorrow.

I am very intrigued by the "tennis ball" visualization of yours. When you saw clockwise, do you mean as the ball would appear as you are looking down at it from the sky? Does the color of the orb matter or would visualizing a literal yellow tennis ball suffice?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Master

I would say to be a bit more free about it - maybe I'm too free but to intuitively work on your chakras, what feels good, what feels less good, where do you feel a struggle, what is it saying to you - rather than work through things by rote.

Also, the heart should be incorporated (in my view) into every situation, every thing you do / say should involve an engagement with the heart and see how it feels.

What colours do you think you need at a particular time? There are not necessarily "rules" for such.

The days are changing, the world is changing, we are evolving and I believe (note this is my belief) that what is right for the now is not necessarily right for the future, - the future being tomorrow / next week - things (so it seems to me) are moving very fast so yes, please do keep your stability in your routines but hold them with a fluidity and a grace so that you are anchored strong when the wind blows but you can bend with the wind - but not get blown away.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 PM
MYFIGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph123
Thanks a lot for your response!

In your opinion, how important is it to do all of the chakra work in one sitting? I think that it would work best with my schedule to do the bottom three in the morning and the top four in the afternoon. I will try that tomorrow.

I am very intrigued by the "tennis ball" visualization of yours. When you saw clockwise, do you mean as the ball would appear as you are looking down at it from the sky? Does the color of the orb matter or would visualizing a literal yellow tennis ball suffice?
Hi Joseph,

Of course, you could split up the work if you'd like. Sometimes I get interrupted and it's okay. You'd be surprised though at how little time it can take to run through the chakras once you have done it a few times.

I have used my time in the shower and then visualize the shower rinsing my body free of any negative emotions from the day before.

I also have used the end of my yoga routine as a time to run through the chakras. I like to set a timer though!

Sure... start with the tennis ball and then just change the color. The chakras I have actually been able to see have a chalk like appearance to them. They are opaque but colored in with chalk.

Clockwise... as you lay down, imagine a clock on your body. 12 o'clock is your face, 6 o'clock is your feet. 3 o'clock would be your left hand and 9 o'clock would be your right.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Knower

I now work on all chakras each morning. After doing so, I feel wonderful for a short while. However, perhaps a couple of hours thereafter, for a few hours, I feel horrible: Old, painful memories arising; inexplicable rage, maddening stress and anxiety, and so forth. Is this simply part of the process? After the chakras are worked on, is that those old emotions and energies leaving my body?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:40 AM
MYFIGO

I think it is different for everyone! You may just be feeling the difference between you before and after. Before, you may have accepted the rage and stress and anxiety as normal. Now you know what peace feels like. The difference seems exaggerated.

When I was being conscious of my actions and words, I did pretty well, but I was disappointed that my thoughts were negative and jealous of others. It took a lot of work to train myself to think in a more positive light. With time, I could spend more of my day feeling and thinking peaceful thoughts. Now I easily catch myself getting into a negative spiral and it is so uncomfortable that I quickly look for ways to turn it around.

We've spent a lot of years becoming the people we are, it doesn't change overnight. However, it gets better everyday. Every day I can look back and see how far I have come. I like me so much better now. I can see remarkable change in you, Joseph. You should be proud too!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Knower

I wanted to mention one very interesting thing that happened to me today during the course of my meditation. I very distinctly and repeatedly heard the songs of birds in my ears, so realistically that I had to consider whether or not it was a literal bird.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph123
I now work on all chakras each morning. After doing so, I feel wonderful for a short while. However, perhaps a couple of hours thereafter, for a few hours, I feel horrible: Old, painful memories arising; inexplicable rage, maddening stress and anxiety, and so forth. Is this simply part of the process? After the chakras are worked on, is that those old emotions and energies leaving my body?

Possibly Joseph123 - or it is a part of you that is coming into your awareness that requires your acceptance. Be gentle with the self, be kind to yourself.

The rage is a difficult thing tho - do you keep a diary - sometimes it helps to get to grips with things if you are writing your feelings and thoughts down?