Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 10-09-2020, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
.... One tries ones best !!!!..... Maybe church of Elfin a good move.... We go forth.. together , to create world peace... ( Like that's ever gonna happen!!.... But one can dream..!)

If you dream,
the dream might gain root
and come into existence.

But if we never dream about it,
how can it come about?

Unless.... it was somebody else's dream.

and then if 2 share the same dream...........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:14 AM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you dream,
           and come into existence.

how can it come about?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-09-2020, 12:01 PM
Elfin

Quote:
If you dream,
and come into existence.

how can it come about?

... Exactly !!!!...... And it did... Did it not... All start with Adam and Eve....
Old 16-12-2020, 04:50 AM
Elfin

My baby boy was christened... Roman Catholic ... 34 years ago. This Sunday, I attend ( in mask and 2 metre rule), his wedding. And then , end of may / beginning of June .... His first child will be born....... I wonder, in this day and age , whether that little baby will be christened?. And if not ... Does it matter ?...Not to me it doesn't ....
Old 16-12-2020, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
My baby boy was christened... Roman Catholic ... 34 years ago. This Sunday, I attend ( in mask and 2 metre rule), his wedding. And then , end of may / beginning of June .... His first child will be born....... I wonder, in this day and age , whether that little baby will be christened?. And if not ... Does it matter ?...Not to me it doesn't ....

As far as I can see, no babies were Christened in the New Testament part of the Bible.

Old 19-12-2020, 06:06 AM
Elfin

Quote:
As far as I can see, no babies were Christened in the New Testament part of the Bible.
....It wouldn't bother me a jot..... In an ideal world I run off with the child and raise "him/her..." .. my way.... !!!!!!!
Old 19-12-2020, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi... Anyone else not christened?... And what are your feelings about this please ?..... I was not christened ....which for "those" days was quite unusual.... The "faith" I would naturally have joined would have been church of England. I attended C of E school and it's teachings ...I also attended Sunday school and coloured in pictures of Jesus ..which I quite liked. When I married my first husband , it was in a Catholic church...but because I was not christened I did not have to "convert" ...and I did not have to be baptised prior to the wedding.... So I am still "un-christened. I personally like the fact that I do not "belong " to any particular faith, as I am very much a free spirit..... I suppose I make my own religion up as I go along....It's not that I don't "believe".... I absolutly DO believe... But not enough , to go in one direction or another....

Hi Elfin. I don't believe you need to be Christened or baptized to be a Christian. Christianity doesn't have to be about rules and rituals, but rather an individual's belief in the existence of Christ. My granddaughter has not been baptized and although my son was when he was a baby, they don't find baptism necessary for their little one to be a precious child of God just like all people are.

I know what you mean about feeling free to experience different religious beliefs and not be set in stone with belonging to any specific religion. I was brought up Catholic, but find myself migrating toward more self-realization, maybe even Buddhism and just plane being a spiritual person.
Old 20-12-2020, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Hi Elfin. I don't believe you need to be Christened or baptized to be a Christian. Christianity doesn't have to be about rules and rituals, but rather an individual's belief in the existence of Christ. My granddaughter has not been baptized and although my son was when he was a baby, they don't find baptism necessary for their little one to be a precious child of God just like all people are.

I know what you mean about feeling free to experience different religious beliefs and not be set in stone with belonging to any specific religion. I was brought up Catholic, but find myself migrating toward more self-realization, maybe even Buddhism and just plane being a spiritual person.

So true............

I am not a Catholic
but I am welcome in the Catholic Church.

If I want to take communion,
          there is no ..... problem.

Old 20-12-2020, 11:27 AM
Master
I was baptized and had my communion when I was 14, and let go if it as soon as I left the village I grow up in, which was when I was 14/15.
Even as a I child I was wondering: What am I doing her?
Old 21-12-2020, 04:43 AM
Knower
Quote:
Hi... Anyone else not christened?... And what are your feelings about this please ?..... I was not christened ....which for "those" days was quite unusual.... The "faith" I would naturally have joined would have been church of England. I attended C of E school and it's teachings ...I also attended Sunday school and coloured in pictures of Jesus ..which I quite liked. When I married my first husband , it was in a Catholic church...but because I was not christened I did not have to "convert" ...and I did not have to be baptised prior to the wedding.... So I am still "un-christened. I personally like the fact that I do not "belong " to any particular faith, as I am very much a free spirit..... I suppose I make my own religion up as I go along....It's not that I don't "believe".... I absolutly DO believe... But not enough , to go in one direction or another....

Neither my sister or I were baptized and have no intention of doing so. We have always, even now, have always been met with gasps, looks of fear, disbelief - for some reason idk, & my favorite "you need to do that or you are going to hell" or some variation of that. No neither one of us were ever afraid our souls were doomed to eternal hellfire because our parents thought it was ridiculous and we never had some dude splash water on us as an infant. Explain the Logic please...please.... nope no logic. Just stupid people blindly accepting whatever they are told to believe without question. If anything WE are the ones "Christened" by not being because it says we have parents who actually are capable of thinking for themselves and using their own judgment & (un)common sense when making decisions.

Plus most people are babies when baptized. That doesn't even count in my opinion. I don't want to devalue anyone's own idea what baptism means to them. An adult choosing to be baptised is different. There is more meaning and spiritual significance in being older and going through it. They are connected to this experience and able to grasp what it symbolizes. But as a baby...

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

~ Albert Einstein &/or Bob Samples

"However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship."

~ Albert Einstein

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

~Thomas Jefferson
______

EXISTENCE IS PAIN
______