Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-04-2020, 02:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... It's strange though , don't you think? That whatever our beliefs , when push comes to shove, in a moment of danger , he is the one we turn to first? I can only re-call the time I was on fire...... I didn't shout out to just "anyone"...it was God. And it wasn't a conscious thought. I just screamed "Please God , Help Me.."...

Elfin,

Thank you. This reduces everything to its most basic level. That is this: the moment of danger is the moment of truth. Our elemental and true self intuitively recognizes God .....recognizing God is knowing the truth. Knowing the truth is being set free from delusion. Going back to the moment of danger: it reminds me of the numerous verses about “losing your life to find your life”.
Old 17-04-2020, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Elfin,

Thank you. This reduces everything to its most basic level. That is this: the moment of danger is the moment of truth. Our elemental and true self intuitively recognizes God .....recognizing God is knowing the truth. Knowing the truth is being set free from delusion. Going back to the moment of danger: it reminds me of the numerous verses about “losing your life to find your life”.

Who will Atheist shout out to
Old 17-04-2020, 04:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Sky123,

I have a good guess but l think they will be to proud to divulge it......:)
Old 17-04-2020, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
The answer, friend, is "blowin' in the noosphere's wind". If interested, also see https://lawoftime.org/noosphere.html and https://www.lawoftime.org/noosphere/...ndhistory.html

It shows up as "The Force" in the Star Wars movie scripts: as in "Trust the Force, Luke" - where it is acknowledged as also having a 'Dark' (possibilities) 'Side', BTW. In 'now 'old' and irrelevant to many philosophical terms wherein everything was personified, one may 'exercise' one personal power by devoting oneself to and relying on 'God' or 'sell' one's soul to 'the devil' for personal gain if and as one wishes/chooses to.

Luke (I mean the Star Wars character!) was an 'atheist' (who didn't have any 'need' to shout 'out' to anyone or anything), I think.
Old 17-04-2020, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
The answer, friend, is "blowin' in the noosphere's wind". If interested, also see https://lawoftime.org/noosphere.html and https://www.lawoftime.org/noosphere/...ndhistory.html

It shows up as "The Force" in the Star Wars movie scripts: as in "Trust the Force, Luke" - where it is acknowledged as also having a 'Dark' (possibilities) 'Side', BTW. In 'now 'old' and irrelevant to many philosophical terms wherein everything was personified, one may 'exercise' one personal power by devoting oneself to and relying on 'God' or 'sell' one's soul to 'the devil' for personal gain if and as one wishes/chooses to.

Luke (I mean the Star Wars character!) was an 'atheist' (who didn't have any 'need' to shout 'out' to anyone or anything), I think.

Their shouts of help will be blowing in the wind
Old 17-04-2020, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Their shouts of help will be blowing in the wind
So you think and believe. The (admitted fictional) character of Luke (in Star Wars) didn't shout out for 'help'. I too rely on the 'power' of my personally focused attitudes, desires and intentions.

Your inclinations are to 'shout out', I presume? You therefore project others must and will, in the final analysis, be like you maybe?

I at least am not such a one (having 'walked though' the valley of totally black shadows many a time myself), I assure you - based on my experience, i would say that your 'sky' is not the 'limit' of human possibility/actualization.

Last edited by davidsun : 17-04-2020 at 10:50 PM.
Old 17-04-2020, 08:56 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I find it difficult to believe that God is real.
Is He real to you?
'I HOPE GOD IS REAL!!!
*snipped*
Hi Honza, I will say again to anyone that will listen...

Be still. Quiet your thoughts. Be still...sit in calm and silence.
Wait for 'something' to happen so that you will know God exists.
If I said it could take 6 months or a year each day --would it be worth it?
That's up to you...but know this: Your thoughts and intellect will never show you whether God exists...
neither will anything anyone has to say ---unless they inspire you to go within and be still.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-04-2020, 09:36 PM
Master
I don't believe in this 'god' being myself, because I view it and how it is described and related to (not just in established 'religion') as a human projection. Nobody needs to believe in any god to have a mystical experience. Neither does such an experience make one live in faith or become religious. Many atheists and agnostics can have such experiences but they'll interpret it differently. When a religious person experiences 'the light' it just becomes a present given from this or that deity.

If belief in a personal creator god provides one with security and 'shelter' than it might be best to stick with that, and if in doubt, maybe find a community (?).
Old 17-04-2020, 10:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I don't believe in this 'god' being myself, because I view it and how it is described and related to (not just in established 'religion') as a human projection. Nobody needs to believe in any god to have a mystical experience. Neither does such an experience make one live in faith or become religious. Many atheists and agnostics can have such experiences but they'll interpret it differently. When a religious person experiences 'the light' it just becomes a present given from this or that deity.

If belief in a personal creator god provides one with security and 'shelter' than it might be best to stick with that, and if in doubt, maybe find a community (?).

Very interesting to hear that atheists have mystical experiences. It would be illuminating to read some of their accounts and there take on the sources of these experiences.
Old 17-04-2020, 10:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Your focus has been on this for years. I don't know what I'm trying to say, just that if you can't figure it out, why waste the energy being bothered when there are more enjoyable and worthwhile pursuits in life? It just seems redundant to me, asking the same question over and over again with no conclusion nor apparently hope for a conclusion. I don't think either way it matters. If God does or doesn't exist or in what form or manner. You're human, isn't that enough?