Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 03-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Master
Is it odd to be comforted by the moon? I have to greet the moon when I first see it every night. For me the moon brings peace. I hear so often about the term go to the light, or surround yourself in light, ect. I assume it's a figure of speech but the light to me brings distraction. And is often blinding. At night all your senses have to work together, in the day most people have to intentionally block out things just to function.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
From the mixed part (the Big Dipper) came down 2 Totemic Ancestors, the Bear (moon, dark, winter etc.) and the Moose/Elk (sun, light, summer etc.):

The dual organization of society into two complementary totemic 'moieties':

(Artwork by Nikolai Fomin)
Thanks sentient.. this is nice artwork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Is it odd to be comforted by the moon? I have to greet the moon when I first see it every night. For me the moon brings peace. I hear so often about the term go to the light, or surround yourself in light, ect. I assume it's a figure of speech but the light to me brings distraction. And is often blinding. At night all your senses have to work together, in the day most people have to intentionally block out things just to function.
Not at all odd! Moon energy brings peace, as does the night..
Sunlight brings distraction and generates action and extroversion.. many people are hopeless sun worshippers!
Old 12-11-2018, 02:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Thanks sentient.. this is nice artwork!
Glad you liked it!
Nikolai seems to be one of those ‘nature souls’ who loves and is totally at home in wilderness, therefore he has appreciation and an understanding of native cultures he illustrates.
Off topic here, but other type of artwork by Merja people in Russia, who are still trying to hold onto their cultural roots:
http://merjamaa.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-post.html
http://merjamaa.ru/news/utka_kon_ole...2013-01-23-700

hallow
Quote:
Full moon in American art and Maxfield Parrish comes to mind.
When I see this, instantly my soul rests (like into a bliss of the pure lands – causal realm):

“Peaceful Night” is another one of his, which captures the magic of the full moon rays imo.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Master
Yeah I totally get you..!

I'm fond of the moon, and always liked mystical landscapes in art and fiction. You may like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=shad...w=1327&bih=686 ..
Old 12-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Master

Ahhhh yes Altair, weeping willows and the moon ……..
http://www.mitchster.com/wp-content/...98-705x470.jpg