Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 04-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Pathfinder
Ahh See I knew it.. you really don't believe you are looser. Good because you are not! Yes sometimes it takes a major financial situation to get us to see that happiness is not in the material things we own.

You loving to tinker with cars is not a bad thing at all. If you fix them up and keep them running and don't trade them out every two year. I say you are doing a good thing that they are not just hanging out in some landfill or junkyard. In that I'm sure mother earth thanks you.

Yes I am like you at this time. I'm not into owning nice new shiny things either. I got over that a while back in my life. Now everything is either.. way old. or given to me as a hand me down. But we all get by.

I personally think you are doing awesome and that you are blessed to have a source of income. Unfortunately for my family. I've been laid off from a company I worked at for 15 years to restructuring. And then my ex-husband got laid off because of the Housing Collapse. And finding new sources of income is not easy. Where a lot of time I go, why do we need money again? This way of living seems so illogical to me.. yet here we are.. if you don't got this little paper that represents money, you are homeless and/or starving. Its so sad. I rather be out counseling others and helping people. And oddly enough I don't feel like I should be paid for it, but I have to because I have to keep a roof over my head for my children and I.

Life is so wacky, but we do it anyways. *grins*
Old 04-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaspirit
Ahh See I knew it.. you really don't believe you are looser. Good because you are not! Yes sometimes it takes a major financial situation to get us to see that happiness is not in the material things we own.

You loving to tinker with cars is not a bad thing at all. If you fix them up and keep them running and don't trade them out every two year. I say you are doing a good thing that they are not just hanging out in some landfill or junkyard. In that I'm sure mother earth thanks you.

Yes I am like you at this time. I'm not into owning nice new shiny things either. I got over that a while back in my life. Now everything is either.. way old. or given to me as a hand me down. But we all get by.

I personally think you are doing awesome and that you are blessed to have a source of income. Unfortunately for my family. I've been laid off from a company I worked at for 15 years to restructuring. And then my ex-husband got laid off because of the Housing Collapse. And finding new sources of income is not easy. Where a lot of time I go, why do we need money again? This way of living seems so illogical to me.. yet here we are.. if you don't got this little paper that represents money, you are homeless and/or starving. Its so sad. I rather be out counseling others and helping people. And oddly enough I don't feel like I should be paid for it, but I have to because I have to keep a roof over my head for my children and I.

Life is so wacky, but we do it anyways. *grins*
\

I really don't know how parents do it, it must be stressful to worry about how to bring in the money to keep a roof over their heads, fed, and with clean clothes. Nah I got over materialism a long time ago. I too sometimes would love to volunteer at work, sounds weird, but I would I think it would change the dynamics of the job in that I would be an equal in the facility and not an employee but yep we need that paper money to live. It is ridiculous that money makes the world go round right now, but I wonder with the economy and many many many people in the same situation as you are in with both adults laid off maybe economics would change. Wouldn't it be great to go out and do what you love and get paid with food, or clothes etc? For example I work my eight hour shift as a nurse for free, then I go to my local farmer and get free vegies because I took care of his mother etc etc.....see what I'm saying? God life would be great then, kind of like Star Trek where money doesn't exist.
Spiritlite.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:54 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium
How could one be a loser if they seem to be enjoying life for the most part? [/font]
Maybe because there is an underlying, constant worry about the future? So the enjoying part is always tainted somehow?
Old 04-11-2010, 05:56 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSpirit
I'd rather be happy with a little money than unhappy with millions....
I'd rather be happy with a million than happy with little or nothing.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:57 AM
Pathfinder
Oh there is much to stress about. But I also learned that if you stress too much.. it becomes destructive. I keep hoping that something pops up and I'm thankful that my guides and guardians had prepared me for this sudden drastic change in my life. And there is always the sheltering of the kids as much as you can. Their job in my eyes is to get their education and just be kids. I'll worry about the rest, they don't need that on their shoulders.

Ohh a world like Star Trek! I would love it. With food replicators as well! It seems so ideal, where you can actually concentrate on what you want to do with your life, instead of just trying to survive.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Maybe because there is an underlying, constant worry about the future? So the enjoying part is always tainted somehow?

Yeah, I understand that. And a constant worry about family problems too. That can make you feel at a loss and stuck as to what to do to make it better, thus that 'loser feeling.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Sangress

You could be homeless, with no savings, no job and no possessions of your own....yet you could be the most honest, forgiving, compassionate person in the world.

No one is a looser unless they believe they are.

If someone says your a looser because of finances, then they probably don't give their own possessions much worth since they have more than enough money to buy all they like without valuing what they already have.

Material possessions will never reflect how important you are, or really any aspect of yourself in the end.

What matters is what is within you.

You are who you are. Not a looser of any kind, shape or form.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Ivy

But if you are feeling more appreciative for what you have, then you are still putting the emphasis on measuring your status according to your financial situation. When perhaps it is more fruitful to measure success in terms of personal challenges. You say that some years ago you were on disability, and now you can manage a part time job. So that is a success...and each new step is another success. I mention this because sometimes searching for a measure of being successful can be a sign of wanting to give up taking on any new challenges xx
Old 04-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Master
Thankyou all once again you've come through for me and helped me to see my situations in a different light, I hope I have helped other people to think about things like this too.
Spiritlite.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Knower
If you are happy and content with your life then no you are not a loser.