Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Space_Man

The Star Wars films

From Star Wars, Episode IV: The Empire Strikes Back:

Quote:
YODA: ...my ally in the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we... (Yoda pinches Luke's shoulder) ... not this crude matter. (with a sweeping gesture) You must feel the Force around you. (gesturing) Here, between you... me... the tree... the rock... everywhere!

The Star Wars films (arguably, perhaps) explore a story arc of innocence, a fall to evil, and then
Old 25-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Enlightener

Personally I agree with George Lucas' spiritual themes in Star Wars, they are kind of Buddha. If you know what I mean :twisted:
Old 25-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
...they are kind of Buddha.
Care to elaborate? What Buddhist elements and/or themes do you detect in the story?
Old 26-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Enlightener

Umm... haha can't really remember what it says but I do like the whole idea of the force being some spiritual energy that is everywhere in the universe or that IS the universe.

I find that it rings true with my beleifs about God being an energy that is the universe.

YODA: ...my ally in the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.

It is the energy in the space in between that holds everything together. The Here and the There are binded by the In-Between.

What do you think?
Old 26-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
....I do like the whole idea of the force being some spiritual energy that is everywhere in the universe or that IS the universe...It is the energy in the space in between that holds everything together. The Here and the There are binded by the In-Between.
Agreed. From what little I know about them, it does seem to describe certain aspects of both Buddhism and Wicca (if followers of either of those two faiths would like to chime-in on this, please do!! )

Then, any thoughts on how the
Closed Thread