Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Experiencer

Question Someone else's awakening

Hello :]

I'm hoping what I'm about to ask doesn't come across as a strange question.

Background: abusive childhood, spiritual growth (and growing), forgiveness, all is well.

Except, the emotional abusers (x 2) appear to be unaware/stuck spiritually (unenlightened). And my question is, is it possible to help someone else grow? Although reluctant to use labels, if you picture a person with a narcissistic personality disorder (describes both) and one is physically unwell (elderly), and age hasn't softened them, is it possible to encourage/support a snippet of enlightenment or spiritual development before they go?

I'm not expecting them to say they were sorry since I've let go of all expectations though it would be nice to know they pass over with a sense of unconditional love in their hearts and a healed healthier soul. In short, I see their pained inner child who never knew what it meant to feel and express unconditional love (hence why they parented the way they did).

And if they don't awaken, what will that mean?

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:41 PM
Master

You project your beliefs on others. It is my experience, and belief, that you can't change others. My opinion: don't worry about them. Also, as you believe in unconditional love, that means that you love then as they are. Let them be.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:52 AM
Master
Yes, you can help someone who is already doing the work towards spiritual growth. If they are not making an effort, you can't do much other than accept that they are as they are (a bit of compassion is also possible). You don't say but it sounds like they are not making an effort.

If they don't awaken in this lifetime, it means they don't awaken in this lifetime. It also means its up to you to accept they are not going to change even for their own good.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalika

Nothing. They'll be just like you, me, and everyone else here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You project your beliefs on others. It is my experience, and belief, that you can't change others. My opinion: don't worry about them. Also, as you believe in unconditional love, that means that you love then as they are. Let them be.

Yep.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:31 AM
Greenslade

Lightbulb

Quote:
Hello :]

I'm hoping what I'm about to ask doesn't come across as a strange question.

Background: abusive childhood, spiritual growth (and growing), forgiveness, all is well.

Except, the emotional abusers (x 2) appear to be unaware/stuck spiritually (unenlightened). And my question is, is it possible to help someone else grow? Although reluctant to use labels, if you picture a person with a narcissistic personality disorder (describes both) and one is physically unwell (elderly), and age hasn't softened them, is it possible to encourage/support a snippet of enlightenment or spiritual development before they go?

I'm not expecting them t1o say they were sorry since I've let go of all expectations though it would be nice to know they pass over with a sense of unconditional love in their hearts and a healed healthier soul. In short, I see their pained inner child who never knew what it meant to feel and express unconditional love (hence why they parented the way they did).

Thank you in advance.
In terms of Spiritual enlightenment, how does what happened affect yours? Would you have learned forgiveness if they hadn't been the way they were? And I'm talking from the perspective of someone who was abused as a child myself. What of Life's Purpose/Karmic Obligations? Is this scenario something you agree to as Spirit? Are they merely playing their part in your Spiritual growth and they are the people they are to facilitate that?
Old 10-08-2020, 08:34 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Agree. I love them as they are, now that is, never before, only since finding it in my heart to forgive. I see they will pass as they are, not my story, though I do wonder what should come of them. And if there's a chance to support, what that should look like.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:38 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Yes, you can help someone who is already doing the work towards spiritual growth. If they are not making an effort, you can't do much other than accept that they are as they are (a bit of compassion is also possible). You don't say but it sounds like they are not making an effort.

If they don't awaken in this lifetime, it means they don't awaken in this lifetime. It also means its up to you to accept they are not going to change even for their own good.
I don't think they are doing any work. I find it difficult to fathom that some people choose to die without having done some work. What becomes of abusers? Hell? Scary thought. I'll never save them of course, not possibly right?
Old 10-08-2020, 08:45 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
In terms of Spiritual enlightenment, how does what happened affect yours? Would you have learned forgiveness if they hadn't been the way they were? And I'm talking from the perspective of someone who was abused as a child myself. What of Life's Purpose/Karmic Obligations? Is this scenario something you agree to as Spirit? Are they merely playing their part in your Spiritual growth and they are the people they are to facilitate that?
Good questions.
How does it all pan out? The bigger picture? I mean, why me? Why any child who suffers at the hands of their abusers? To learn a lesson? So bizarre don't you think? And what happens to those who choose to end their life because of the lesson that was meant for them?
It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm glad I've learned to forgive. It pains me to think of others in the same situation.

There is still so much spiritual growth ahead of me. I'm not sure I'll ever be comfortable with child abuse being a spiritual life lesson for the abused.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Good questions.
How does it all pan out? The bigger picture? I mean, why me? Why any child who suffers at the hands of their abusers? To learn a lesson? So bizarre don't you think? And what happens to those who choose to end their life because of the lesson that was meant for them?
It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm glad I've learned to forgive. It pains me to think of others in the same situation.

There is still so much spiritual growth ahead of me. I'm not sure I'll ever be comfortable with child abuse being a spiritual life lesson for the abused.
Who says people end their life because of the lesson that was meant for them? It can be the lesson to end it.
We don't know, nor is it our path to know and/or to interfere.
Everyone chose and chooses their own path and it's theirs to walk. That includes not awaken. We all choose our setting to learn what we want to learn, including the people who can offer that.
Their life can be just as valuable to their Soul as someone who is fully awakened and does work that is viewed as such by society. Choosing a life where you don't have that because you're an a-hole can be just as meaningful and valuable to the Soul AND it often helps others to grow and evolve.
And in case someone chooses something that he hadn't intended there still isn't anything you can do about it. It their path, their choice. Plus, how do you know if it is what they chose or not?
Old 10-08-2020, 09:22 AM
Experiencer

It's such a difficult subject to get me head around. The bigger picture and ins and outs of the spiritual path. Not sure if this is the right thread. I'm intrigued what happens in the afterlife for those who remain in pain, like my abusers who refuse to recognize their childhood wounds and what they have chosen to pass on (aware or not). Would this be considered karmic debt? So confusing.