Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-08-2020, 10:29 AM
janielee

Stress @ Work is killing me

Since starting my new job, I have really bad insomnia, migraines, I think about work incessantly

Things are being done poorly (by my standards haha), there's ugly politics, backstabbing

I speak too honestly at work - always have.

A mind that thinks all day is not going to be very sensory when it comes to spirituality and yet .. it's a chess board and I'm out of moves.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:53 PM
Master

stress @ work

Stress @ work is nothing new now a days . Especially spiritual people feel it more due to tremendous dilemma it poses .

Here are some moves for this chess board games .
1. Increase the clarity of work & purpose as far as job is concerned .
2. Focus on learning new skills
3. Benchmark and exceed the skills of others (not necessarily their attitudes and thought patterns)
4. Have your independent individuality so far as your positive attitude and thought patterns are concerned .
5. Continue to practice gratitude
6. Maintain build and nurture cordial relationships (of general nature to be more specific in this regard lest there be any misunderstanding)
7. Play to win (to have increments , promotions ,awards ,applause) but don't be dismayed with defeats (which I would call setbacks and not defeats)
8. Don't let your job be your sole source of emotional/psychological and even financial (may be difficult) support. Keep an open mind for other jobs and free lance works.
9. Finally trust the award -reward schema of God . Like modern banking (where u can deposit your money in branch of a bank and withdraw it from another without having need to open an account everywhere) , God's Karma bank takes care of your good work and can reward it any time any moment in the form which u may not have ever anticipated .

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 08-08-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:36 PM
janielee

Wow that is so...beautiful and helpful.

Thank you so much, HITESH SHAH!

Namaste,

JL
Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Since starting my new job, I have really bad insomnia, migraines, I think about work incessantly

Things are being done poorly (by my standards haha), there's ugly politics, backstabbing

I speak too honestly at work - always have.

A mind that thinks all day is not going to be very sensory when it comes to spirituality and yet .. it's a chess board and I'm out of moves.

Chess is a game to challenge and entertain us. But if we identify with the pieces then we are in trouble.

So work is a game. Some days we feel like a pawn, other days we feel like the all-powerful queen. But if we identify with our work role then it all becomes too serious. So we turn up, we do what we have to, we deal with colleagues and other people, and then we can go home for a cup of tea.

Regarding your colleagues, let others be what they are. We cannot change other people but we can waste a lot of time and energy in trying, which only leads to frustration.

It sounds like your challenge is to flow with it all while remaining untouched.

Peace
Old 08-08-2020, 09:03 PM
janielee

Thanks iamthat; the issue is I can't do it, even though I know you're right. I say I don't care but wake up with insomnia stressing about work...

love
JL
Old 08-08-2020, 09:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thanks iamthat; the issue is I can't do it, even though I know you're right. I say I don't care but wake up with insomnia stressing about work...

love
JL

I sometimes hesitate to recommend a particular method because I know that what is effective for one person may do nothing for someone else. But have you ever looked into the work of Byron Katie?

She offers a practical way for people to change their thinking about any issue. We tell ourselves a story about something and we believe that story, and so we suffer. Her question is, who would we be without that story?

And often the story we tell ourselves involves the idea that other people should be somehow different to how they are. We have no control over how other people are. Or conversely, we tell ourselves a story that we should somehow be different. When we let go of our stories, then we find peace.

Byron Katie may be worth looking into.

Peace
Old 09-08-2020, 01:15 AM
janielee

Thanks, friend
Old 12-08-2020, 12:06 PM
Seeker

Then search for something that is your highest excitenment :) you can initiate this easily, by not allowing your limiting beliefs to convince you that this can be the only job world wide available for you :)
Old 21-08-2020, 04:13 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominik90
Then search for something that is your highest excitenment :) you can initiate this easily, by not allowing your limiting beliefs to convince you that this can be the only job world wide available for you :)

Thank you, yes I am quite limited in my outlook. I appreciate that too.
Old 22-08-2020, 12:11 AM
Master

janielee . . .

The learning of data and information on the Path is much the easier side of it all. The juggling of definitions and analytical reasoning and such . . . those can be learned from web sites, books, the words of friends, etc. But the learning of the spiritual virtues . . . the values, ethics and moral stances . . . those come often at great personal expense . . . only through personal experience . . . and only as each individual encounters and contends with them. The values of strength, courage, stamina, persistence, patience, determination, forgiveness . . . on and on and on . . . learned only through exactly what you are going through. In a real sense . . . the learning of these are of *more* spiritual importance than the learning of definitions and concepts. The virtues are what you perceive all else through.

It is much easier to find oneself in a quiet room and learn to settle the mind and to “meditate.” It is another matter indeed to do it in the middle of the work day and when finally getting home and trying to learn how to turn it all loose. Is there another way to learn all of this? It is always . . . trial by fire . . . and LIFE has the way of focusing one the weaknesses of each. It is a touch battle indeed.

You have already gotten some wondrous advice from those posts above. It has helped many to memorize short book passages or quotes and such . . . to intentionally run through the mind when it begins to run . . . thus giving the mind something beneficial to focus on. Others intentionally carry musical tunes in their heads . . . finding favorite songs too quietly sing or hum even during the workday. Deep breathing helps . . . while focusing on favorite imaginative landscapes or scenes . . . when later trying to quiet the mind.

Studying the subconscious mind and the use of suggestion can work wonders. The mind can be trained to do just about anything. The mind spins because it is undisciplined. This is the plight of most everyone. There are some that have gotten a good hold on disciplining the mind . . . and the finding of and listening to those individuals can pay off in gold.

Unquestionably . . . it is a one-step-at-a-time thing . . . and often . . . one-minute-at-a-time. There is no other way to learn this . . . and though others can offer advice . . . it is always the individual that must take oneself in hand and train anew.

Somehow . . . we live through it. No one gets far without going through it. The more one tries to battle against it . . . the worse it gets. The old adage of not being able to defiantly train the mind is true . . . but one can gently lead it . . . train it anew . . . sidetrack it and outmaneuver it as you would a young child. It’s a game against yourself. There’s no other that can play your own game.

Each time you make even a little advance here . . . you carry that into the next battle . . . and gain once again. Many try to sidestep it all through the bottle or drugs . . . which only makes it worse later on . . . whether in this lifetime or the next.

The lessons you learn from all of this you will carry with you forever. It may not seem like it . . . but you will. It becomes easier an easier with each baby step. Make a game out of it. Find those thing that can beneficially and intentionally intrigue the mind . . . and lead it there. Carry scraps of paper or on your cell phone of focal points you would rather involve yourself with. If you are babysitting a little two or three year old and that little child begins to throw a tantrum . . . how do you distract and lead that child anew? All is fair in love and war and gaming yourself. It’s all inside you . . . no one else needs to know.

You and I have had our moments. I hope this helps.

You will win.