Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 01:54 PM
Master

spirituality and psychology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
In a thread on the ego - it happened more than oce by the way - I get my ar-se roasted for even mentioning Jung. This is a Spiritual forum amd the discussion of the ego is psychonalysis. Not only that nobody mentions Ahamkara, which the Jungian model of the ego is based on. So in true Spirituality the ego - 'Spiritual' ego or otherwise - is a kara or 'invented thing, yet few Spiritually Enlightened people gave a damn. And the rationale is????

That's not Spirituality, that's bonkers.
Here let's not bore readers further of trivia differences . We can easily live with it . It's more important that spiritual people have to respect psychology by the very compulsions of spirituality and many including me are respecting it . Now the perception of respect may again differ from person to person . So let's not dig any further on this .
Old 03-03-2021, 02:01 PM
Master

theist/atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Atheist only believe in what is demonstrable, so what they normally believe, is correct, unlike those who believe in supernatural beliefs that cannot not been proven, its that simple.

Though one may find some spiritualists to be superstitious , not all are like that. Same way not all atheists are rationalists . Atheists too harbor supernatural beliefs many times.

If one expands the horizons of time and space , more demonstrable proof is available for belief in God .
Old 04-03-2021, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Though one may find some spiritualists to be superstitious , not all are like that. Same way not all atheists are rationalists . Atheists too harbor supernatural beliefs many times.

If one expands the horizons of time and space , more demonstrable proof is available for belief in God .

Yes an atheist is simply someone who does not have a belief in a god or god's, until there is proof of a god which hasn't happened as yet. Other than that they can believe in whatever, Its beyond me how difficult this is to understand.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:41 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh Shah
Here let's not bore readers further of trivia differences . We can easily live with it . It's more important that spiritual people have to respect psychology by the very compulsions of spirituality and many including me are respecting it . Now the perception of respect may again differ from person to person . So let's not dig any further on this .
I didn't expect any answers or any kind of discussion, and I suppose dismissal as as good a tactic as any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh Shah

Interestingly atheists say the same, that there is no need to create some ultimate being to make things happen. I was watching a YouTube given by a Swamiji of Advaita Vedanta who wrapped it all up nicely without and said that God wasn't needed.

Sometimes belief in God isn't about God
Old 04-03-2021, 09:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
I tell it like it is, I call it like it see it and I'm talking from personal experience of what happened time and again. Since this is a Spiritual forum can't I talk about when Spirituality isn't Spirituality any more? As often happens in threads like these too?
Old 04-03-2021, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes an atheist is simply someone who does not have a belief in a god or god's, until there is proof of a god which hasn't happened as yet. Other than that they can believe in whatever, Its beyond me how difficult this is to understand.
But...... an Atheist has a belief. Probably...... many beliefs. Because they do not believe in God/Gods/god/gods/Angels....... and on and on. That, in of itself, are beliefs.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 04-03-2021, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
True, its beyond me how difficult this is to understand.

It's beyond me how difficult it is for many to understand lack of belief in something isn't the same as believing in something. There's no such thing as a believer in the non-existence of something.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:50 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
But...... an Atheist has a belief. Probably...... many beliefs. Because they do not believe in God/Gods/god/gods/Angels....... and on and on. That, in of itself, are beliefs.
This is the reason we have debates like these. There are two atheists (at least) in this thread who simply don't have a belief in God/gods and I'm one of them. There are as many 'flavours' of atheists as there are Christians, everything from believing there isn't a God - which is a futile argument - to not giving much of a stuff if there is one or not. I believe in angels because I've met a few, having been a practicing medium for a few years.

And if history had played out differently you (and every other theist) would be likely talking about Mithras and Ahura Mazda.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
It's beyond me how difficult it is for many to understand lack of belief in something isn't the same as believing in something. There's no such thing as a believer in the non-existence of something.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Atheists have their own set of beliefs - for example, the universe just happened and life on Earth is the result of random chance. The conviction that there is no Higher Intelligence behind the Universe is a belief, not a lack of belief. Rather it is a case of believing something different.

Peace
Old 04-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Master

I do not believe = A belief