Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I would encourage you to distance yourself from continuously negative people. I've had many people in my life who have brought me down with their negativity. I was constantly tired, constantly depressed. People have insinuated that I'm not healthy because I chose to "alienate" myself, but you know what? I have no regrets for it because I feel like I'm a healthier person for it. It is worth it.

And when you get out of a negative environment.....surround yourself with people that lift you up.......not bring you down to their level and keep you down.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Do not cut your family off. When it gets a bit much distance yourself from them but they are your family. We have to accept our family. My parents can get very irritating but I do not pay any attention to it.

Not everyone's family is healthy for them. Would you surround yourself with people who could be emotionally abusive just because they might happen to share the same DNA?

NOPE!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:14 AM
missrachel300

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
People have insinuated that I'm not healthy because I chose to "alienate" myself, but you know what? I have no regrets for it because I feel like I'm a healthier person for it. It is worth it.

I agree with this. Some people will try to undermine your better judgement. Make sure to protect yourself.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
RainbowAngel

I live with a very negative person which can be so hard sometimes. I just normally distance myself when it gets to much to bear. I cant help but feel sorry for them though and want to help them because it must be a very sad lonely place inside when you are always negative. I can see that they are hurting i suppose. And i suppose the way i have been thinking is that i need to try to help lift them up and help them always look on the brighter side. But yeah it is very hard to deal with sometimes.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Experiencer
I try to limit contact with negative people and if it gets too much, I cut off contact completely, even if they are family.

There will always be situations where you deal with negative people and if I have to, I put on my toothpaste smile , switch off my emotions and get through the situation.
Old 13-04-2013, 08:12 AM
RisenPhoenix

I can relate. I'm in the same situation right now but my mom is the sunshine amongst everyone else who is so negative towards me. My dad most times too but he's a moody cancer and has his moments.

There are two females (dont even want to call them family because of the hate they have towards me) one is almost 10 years older than me and has hated me since I was born. I can only call it for what it is and its deep jealousy. She's always trying to one up me, put me down, make me feel excluded. The other is a teen that I've helped raise and provide for. We were ok until the older one moved back in after falling on hard times. The teen has said things to me that sound like a jealous hateful female peer. Not someone who she should respect. So they've banded together like a couple of mean girls against me. They want me out but I'm not ready or prepared to do so yet. I'm not gonna do it prematurely just to make their lives easier. So part of me is defiant about staying for the moment. The older one has a son and she was only suppose to stay for 6 months, to land a new job and get another car. She has a job and a car and its been 2 years of him sleeping on the couch. Without any shame she took over the teenage girls bedroom to the point that she now sleeps on the other couch in the LR.

I feel like she's been holding out for me to leave so she can take my bedroom and her and her son could stay here indefinitely. But I'm not leaving until certain things I want in place are in place so they will just have to continue dealing with my presence and the sight of me.

I've been too nice to both of them in the past. But I'm officially done trying to be nice when they love hating me so much. Staying positive and reading psalms has helped me. I've been researching different ways to repel their negative energy spiritually so that it doesn't affect me. Like midnight said negativity begets negativity and this is true. Especially after dealing with it for a long period of time. I just continue to pray for peace and focus on those family members I do have a good relationship with.
Old 14-04-2013, 07:06 PM
LightofOurAge

Keep in mind though, there's a difference between "negative people" who are cranky and dwell in ****** emotions/attitudes, and people who worship the philosophy of the negative side of duality (evil, for lack of a better word).
Old 19-04-2013, 07:35 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightofOurAge
Keep in mind though, there's a difference between "negative people" who are cranky and dwell in ****** emotions/attitudes, and people who worship the philosophy of the negative side of duality (evil, for lack of a better word).

You can keep your distance from people who just seem negative with their emotions all the time and see them in moderation but for some people (such as myself), even I am super-sensitive to people like that. Especially people who don't seem to care about what is going on in my life but wants the life that they are unhappy with to be the center of my focus. The fact of the matter is, I've isolated myself from people who were simply negative......and people who really were evil. The people who were evil tried to imply that I had a mental health problem for isolating myself when in actuality, I was doing what was best for me. I am alone, and totally at peace with it. Gradually, healthier people will come into my life.

So it doesn't matter whether someone is just unpleasant to be around, or a threat to you. Its always important to do what is best for you.
Old 19-04-2013, 08:17 PM
amy green

Unfortunately, unless the negative person has awareness and is motivated to change, there isn't much that can be done besides giving the occasional insightful nudge. If enough people are saying the same thing to them there is some hope that they will get a lightbulb moment.
Old 27-04-2013, 07:25 PM
vision

If your family situation is so negative & you are unable to leave
at this time, I would ask my guides/angels to open some doors for me.
I would make friends & associate w/as many positive persons as I
could. Also, I'd seek activities that feed my soul outside of the home.
As soon as you are strong enough to leave...leave!