Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 28-03-2013, 05:11 AM
AdAstra

negative people

How do you deal with being surrounded by negative people...
Negativity breeds more negativity
Iam surrounded and grew up in a household with negative people
That i think have never seen a full good day
It tears my spirit down to talk to them, listen to the ways they treat
Me, others, but with a stranger act happy
I dont want to be dragged down with them
Yet theyre my family
I have thought of moving away many times
But cant just yet
Just need some insight here..
Old 28-03-2013, 05:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightgreen
How do you deal with being surrounded by negative people...
Negativity breeds more negativity
Iam surrounded and grew up in a household with negative people
That i think have never seen a full good day
It tears my spirit down to talk to them, listen to the ways they treat
Me, others, but with a stranger act happy
I dont want to be dragged down with them
Yet theyre my family
I have thought of moving away many times
But cant just yet
Just need some insight here..

It's hard, sometimes we have toxic situations or relations, and it really brings us down, but I guess it motivates us into changing something too.
Old 28-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Master

I assumed you have talked to them about it and it has not done any good. You could try and change the subject when it happens. If it does not work then you will have to accept it. I would switch off and not listen to it. There is nothing you can do about it.
Old 28-03-2013, 08:49 AM
missrachel300

Sorry to hear about your situation Midnight.
I can relate to you.
I was estranged from my family for 8 years because of similar issues.
Only recently we have been able to start building healthier relationships again.
Old 28-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Master

Move them out of your circle of power, step out of their circle of power and watch the energies just float over you, don't attach to them, don't judge them, don't associate with them, just choose how you respond / react.

The challenge is to see them and not be drawn in to it.

I truly believe that we are confronted with such things in order to learn lessons and by learning. Whilst we need space - of varying degrees- there is a lesson at stake and by ignoring the lesson, it will just emerge somewhere else in some shape or form. Sometimes, we may be mirroring and seeing things in others that exist in ourselves that we don't like, something to watch for.

We have a primary responsibility to ourselves, and I work on the bite sized chunks that are manageable for myself.
Old 28-03-2013, 02:49 PM
B_Tarot

I can relate and I'm sorry for how you are feeling. I removed myself as much as possible and then tried not to get drawn in when amongst them but let it float past like Belle said, most of all I tried to remember who I am and not let that get twisted by what they said/how they saw me. Keep working towards moving away if that is what you want.
Old 28-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Master

Do not cut your family off. When it gets a bit much distance yourself from them but they are your family. We have to accept our family. My parents can get very irritating but I do not pay any attention to it.
Old 28-03-2013, 11:52 PM
partofme

Negative people I normally brush off. Unless Im in a playful mood and I give them a does of their own medicine, family included.
Do unto others as you would want done unto you I always say.
Old 29-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by partofme
Negative people I normally brush off. Unless Im in a playful mood and I give them a does of their own medicine, family included.
Do unto others as you would want done unto you I always say.
Yea I'm with you.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Guide
I was in a place like that once, and the toxicity was killing me. I had to remove myself.

Best is to find yourself a few friends that are of like mind as yourself, and hang out with them.
Arrange trips and get out. Meet new people, join a Meetup Group in your area that does meditations etc.

Remove yourself from your current situation.
Visualise yourself in a different place with different people.