Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 28-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Tera's_Party

Have you known a person like this.

I am not necessarily asking because I need advice. Rather just a sense that I am not crazy.

When you are around them you find yourself caught in a cycle of being, "the bad person" or "a stupid bumbling moron". No matter how smart, helpful or kind you can be with them, they act like you are a total screw up. Yet when you avoid them they act like you are heartless uncaring POS.
Old 28-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Experiencer

Sounds like someone with a personality disorder . . . In my opinion.
Old 19-04-2013, 11:57 AM
MissDaytona

...I second that.
Old 19-04-2013, 12:12 PM
amy green

....or possibly sadistic? (If you have accurately portrayed this person)

Last edited by amy green : 19-04-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 19-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Experiencer
I am learning to remove people from my life, who are no good to me. Sometimes I don’t feel good/comfortable around certain people, like I can’t be myself when I am around them. But I always felt I have to be the nice girl and spend time with them anyway. Well, not anymore. I am slowly removing myself away from certain people, by simply not initiating contact, or by simply not reacting to their messages.

Instead, I am spending more time with people who I really love and care about and it has done me so good. There will always be situations, like work functions, where you simply have to deal with all kinds of people. That’s fine, I can do that, I simply put on my charming smile and do it. I simply see this as part of my job, but in private, I decide myself who I want to have contact with.
Old 19-04-2013, 01:43 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfGirl
I am learning to remove people from my life, who are no good to me. Sometimes I don’t feel good/comfortable around certain people, like I can’t be myself when I am around them. But I always felt I have to be the nice girl and spend time with them anyway. Well, not anymore. I am slowly removing myself away from certain people, by simply not initiating contact, or by simply not reacting to their messages.

Instead, I am spending more time with people who I really love and care about and it has done me so good. There will always be situations, like work functions, where you simply have to deal with all kinds of people. That’s fine, I can do that, I simply put on my charming smile and do it. I simply see this as part of my job, but in private, I decide myself who I want to have contact with.

See post below
Old 19-04-2013, 01:44 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfGirl

Good for you!

I also initiated this (long time ago now). It was a major step towards living authentically.

Friendship and caring should be mutual; if it's constantly more lopsided then maybe time for a reassessment in my view.
I bet you feel more invigorated and freer as a result.
Old 19-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera's_Party
I am not necessarily asking because I need advice. Rather just a sense that I am not crazy.

When you are around them you find yourself caught in a cycle of being, "the bad person" or "a stupid bumbling moron". No matter how smart, helpful or kind you can be with them, they act like you are a total screw up. Yet when you avoid them they act like you are heartless uncaring POS.

Have you told them how they make you feel?
Old 19-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera's_Party

Oh yes, this happened to me with my soul connection or what ever he was .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 23-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Moon62

Definitely sounds like you're caught up with someone who has so many hang ups about themselves, they project them on to you (or any other willing party), rather than own up to them themselves. Always remember that how a person is, how a person reacts, is solely that person being and acting how they choose to. You don't cause a person to be or do anything. If it makes you feel bad being around this guy/girl, then I'd suggest you say something about what bothers you, as it appears when you step back and don't contact them, they make you feel guilty for that! Your energy will be sapped constantly in this situation. You need to speak your truth and remove yourself from them if they refuse to look at themselves properly rather than blaming you. Hope this helps!