Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 03-08-2022, 11:36 PM
Master
Can you prove your existence to me?

Obviously, you are there and real. But I have found that, since consciousness is not easily explained, it is easy to come to believe that "Only I exist and everything else is just an illusion."

Because even tho it isnt exactly true, it is also not exactly false either. And that may be a linguistic limitation.

When I say "Your awareness is the uniqueness of existence itself."
I am saying that to every single being of existence, including myself, whatever we experience, is eternally unchangingly unique and thus undefinable by any duality, including our awareness of duality, is equally the uniqueness of existence itself.

So this does not negate the existence of anything. Infact, the words "your awareness" can be replaced by any thing or any word, in this sentence.

But the wise one will replace the word "Your awareness" , in this sentence, by significant words. For example: "Time is the uniqueness of existence itself."
"Change is the uniqueness of existence itself."
The uniqueness of existence itself is the infinite eternal unchanging nondual absolute omni present truth.
This means that change and time are infact the unchanging uniqueness of existence itself.
And the same is true of awareness. Awareness cannot remain the same, because IT IS the uniqueness of existence itself, that awareness is made out of.

Awareness is not an actual thing, because it is forever unique. If you investigate it billion years from now, it will remain equally unchangingly unique. You have never actually experienced anything that is not unique. Even the inability to experience difference, is the uniqueness of existence itself. There are infinite versions of it also.

There is nothing outside of existence for existence to know or experience or become aware of. As non existence doesnt exist, proving that existence is unique.

Therefor, existence has never experienced anything other than its own uniqueness. It cannot experience itself as if it is forever the same. Because what is forever the same, is the uniqueness of existence itself. And so all experiences will also forever experience this eternally unchanging uniqueness of existence.

This means that if you go back quadrillion years in time, it will be equally infinitely unique. And you will also have a new unique experience of it, therefor all things are equally the uniqueness of existence itself. The same is true for the future. Even staying in the present and thinking about the future, you will be equally experiencing the uniqueness of existence itself. And when you literally go there, the same thing happens. Because this uniqueness of existence itself, has never changed, it cannot become more or less unique. It simply is unique. Always has been and always will be.

This is why the ego is unnecessery. To say, "I am the one and only one..." Yeah... But now? Before you are able to describe more of who you are, you are again unique. Not because you changed... But because the uniqueness of your being is infinite. Because you have always been unchangingly unique. Therefor, you cannot identify yourself, because you have always been the uniqueness of existence itself. The moment that you try to identify it, you forget that you ARE the uniqueness of existence itself.

To identify yourself/existence requires for there to be similarity in existence. And non existence doesnt exist.
Therefor, you will never be able to identify anything in and of existence and you never have and you are not ever identifying anything that exists. You are being the uniqueness of existence itself, and also thus being aware of it. Not because the uniqueness is changing from this to that. But you are aware, because the uniqueness of existence itself, is, eternally unchanging and infinitely absolute. Therefor, awareness is a consequence of the uniqueness of existence itself. It always has been and always will be infinite things. Unlike anything else. Why? Because there is only one thing, and there is no likeness to it, to even be able for it to experience any likeness or similarity.

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 04-08-2022 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Obviously, you are there and real. But I have found that, since consciousness is not easily explained, it is easy to come to believe that "Only I exist and everything else is just an illusion."
Its not at all obvious. You have no way to verify that I exist.

As per general eastern teachings (like Buddhism) you don't 'exist' either (i.e. there is no self).

Also be careful of the word 'exist'. Many mystical teachings say that ALL is an illusion and has no form or substance. As 'having form and substance' is one of the definitions of 'exist', everything might be disqualified as existing.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Its not at ...
... disqualified as existing.
Thanks.

That is a great reminder. It is always beyond definition. Too eternally and infinitely, unchangingly and absolutely unique.
Old 14-08-2022, 11:41 PM
Master
@Ewwerrin, Your awareness of me replying to your post, should be all the proof you need of my existence.
Old 15-08-2022, 04:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
@Ewwerrin, Your awareness of me replying to your post, should be all the proof you need of my existence.
Surely all that Ewwerrin is actually aware of is shapes and colours on a screen which the mind interprets as words. This is not proof of anyone's existence.

Peace
Old 15-08-2022, 06:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Surely all that Ewwerrin is actually aware of is shapes and colours on a screen which the mind interprets as words. This is not proof of anyone's existence.

Peace
Well, Ewwerrin being aware of the shapes and colors on the screen is not proof that I don't exist either, nor does it prove my existence is an illusion/a fragment of Ewwerrin's imagination.
Old 15-08-2022, 07:34 AM
Master

Conciousness is the only theme that really interests me

https://www.bing.com/search?q=closer...&ghacc=0&ghpl=
This is an unbelievable source of philosophy.

If the link doesn't work go to you tube and Closer to Truth

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 15-08-2022, 10:10 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Conciousness is the only theme that really interests me
This is perhaps my favorite Closer to Truth segment. https://youtu.be/VxLyAOxJriY

This video illustrates Gino's point about qualia. https://youtu.be/XRmeL7UqE_g?list=PL...qIb4O F&t=346

Just like the clap is an object of consciousness so are thoughts and emotions.
Old 15-08-2022, 06:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Well, Ewwerrin being aware of the shapes and colors on the screen is not proof that I don't exist either, nor does it prove my existence is an illusion/a fragment of Ewwerrin's imagination.
We may infer that there are other beings with their own independent existence but all that we can know is our own subjective experience. Hence the difficulty of proving that anyone else exists.

Peace
Old 22-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
We may infer that there are other beings with their own independent existence but all that we can know is our own subjective experience. Hence the difficulty of proving that anyone else exists
Another way to look at it or to perceive it is that brahman exists, and brahman is everything and everything is brahman, so everything exists as brahman, that includes the self, form and everything else.

It will make no sense to say that nothings exists and then say brahman is everything and everything is brahman in the same paragraph.