Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2022, 07:12 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Non-dual means exactly that - without a second. You are trying to smuggle something other than Advaita Vedanta into Advaita Vedanta. You simply don't have the bona fides for that.
I never disagree with Non-duality, as without second. I never say "Prakriti is second", because Prakriti/Maya/whatever name you call, is insentient (cannot be said ab entity), so how can there be second??
There is Self, and there is not-Self based on all 5 koshas.
There is only One Entity, and there is non-entity which creates/bonds/liberates.

See, where did I said, Prakriti is Independent? Can you show me?

I repeatedly say that, Prakriti/Maya creates the Universe, but not Brahman/Ishwara. But, Maya/Prakriti, is dependent to create.
*Deleted*
Old 17-09-2022, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
How does a being, that is being without becoming (existence as existence itself), how does that become a being with becoming?
To get back to Ewwerrin's question, one approach is to consider the human being as a triplicity of Spirit, Soul and personality.

Spirit is Being, limitless and changeless.

Personality is the form aspect of a human being, consisting of mind and emotions expressing through a physical body.

The Soul (or Consciousness) is the intermediary between Being and personality. Being expresses as individualised Consciousness. The vehicles of Consciousness are the Atmic and Buddhic bodies, Buddhi being spiritual intuition. Incarnate Consciousness extends a portion of itself into the form aspect of a human being.

When incarnate Consciousness goes outwards and identifies with personality then Consciousness only knows becoming, ever-changing states of limitation.

When incarnate Consciousness withdraws from identification with personality then Consciousness rests in itself, knowing itself to be the silent observer.

When incarnate Consciousness goes inwards back to its Source then Consciousness is returning to Being. This is the practice of meditation.

When Consciousness identifies with Being and is stabilised in this identification with Being, then this may be called Self-Realisation.

Then Consciousness sees limitless unchanging Being present in all things, even while continuing to function within the limitations of the vehicles of personality.

Thus becoming takes place within Being. Change occurs within changelessness. Movement happens within stillness.

As is said in the Bhagavad Gita, the Sage sees action in inaction and inaction in action.

Peace
Old 17-09-2022, 07:25 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But never mind. We are where we are, and we have to work with our current level of understanding. The beginning of wisdom is realising how little we know.

Sure.
Old 17-09-2022, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
I feel, even if someone asks questions, I won't open my mouth sharing my foolishness. A new learning to me now to add to my ignorance/stupidity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
*Deleted*.
You give the impression of just playing mind games, pretending to be one thing and then saying the opposite.

Peace
Old 17-09-2022, 07:31 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Saguna Brahman is an appearance of Nirguna Brahman.
This shows the misunderstandings brother. How come 'one' (devoid of actions, formless, Nirguna Brahman) can appear?

Isn't appearance an action?

Nirguna Brahman (which I call Atman - formless) is always Nirguna and never appears as Saguna. But, that which is Maya, manifests, and along with Brahman is called Saguna Brahman.

Saguna Brahman, is not because of Appearance of Nirguna Brahman, but arising of Maya. Only Maya acts. The presence of Maya along with Brahman is called Saguna Brahman. When Maya sinks (goes back to subtle or disappears), then Nirguna Brahman.

Nirguna Brahman is devoid of actions, never appears, as it is formless. Forms pertain to Maya, but not Nirguna Brahman. Actions pertain to Maya, but not Nirguna Brahman

Note - Again, these are not my own thoughts, but sayings of Shankara himself. Do you want me to quote that too?
Old 17-09-2022, 07:37 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You give the impression of just playing mind games, pretending to be one thing and then saying the opposite.

Peace

True. I just thought to shut my mouth. But, JASG wants me to talks by making some questions/accusations about my actions. And so, I continued to speak.

I'm okay to make it in private, if JASG is okay with.
Old 17-09-2022, 07:38 PM
Take a break for a while.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Closed Thread