Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-05-2022, 06:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
When I die that will be the end of my journey, I don't believe in reincarnation at all. Life is so short why waste it on thing's that don't matter in the here and now. Enjoy life and what you have to the fullest whilst you are able too. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
None of that is any help for those who the idea of returning to incarnate life causes fear.

My guess would be that those who fear reincarnation - returning to again experience life in-the-body - might be more traumatised by the thought that their life is the only one they'll ever have.

Of course we don't know what tomorrow will bring and wherever possible we should try to enjoy what we have but saying that doesn't help allay the anxieties of those who know that their current life isn't the only one they'll have.

I hope my words will help them see that whatever they fear or hate in this world this time round will be seen in a different way after they have passed over. But if they don't feel any differently when that happens, if they're minded to not return, then I hope they'll feel reassured they won't be forced into doing it. It will be their choice to make.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
None of that is any help for those who the idea of returning to incarnate life causes fear
What I mean to say is they should love what they have, love is the only emotion one needs. Pure and positive. Disregard all negative emotions like fear and hate and move on preferably in this life and not the next if they believe in reincarnation.
utopia
Old 10-05-2022, 07:39 AM
hazada guess

bobjob,how can you be sure of what you say, do you have personal experience?

It is best to move forward with curiosity so as not to be disappointed.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:39 AM
Administrator
A lot of people want reassurance that if they come back to a next life, that it will be better than this one.
I have lived many life times and I remember being born not wanting to come back to this life.
My life has not been easy it has not been a walk in the park by any means But now I walk my final path I wont be back.

We each have our own opinions on things. that is not to say that mine is right or yours is wrong.

Namaste
Old 10-05-2022, 09:18 AM
hazada guess

And with that Native spirit, I will be leaving this forum, with reassurance. I'd like to say goodbye to you all and wish most of you well.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
What I mean to say is they should love what they have, love is the only emotion one needs. Pure and positive. Disregard all negative emotions like fear and hate and move on preferably in this life and not the next if they believe in reincarnation.
utopia
That's a different emphasis and I said similar. But it still doesn't help those who may have fear that they'll "be sent back" as if there's no choice in the matter.

You don't have that fear because your belief is "When yer dead, yer dead." so for you it's much easier than it is for those who are afraid.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Don't we all have such experience? You ask how I can be so sure but does that matter? I'm just re-stating the original teaching - it's not my personal idea although they are my words. blessings
Old 10-05-2022, 10:12 AM
Deactivated Account
So often seekers look at complex issues in isolation, without an appreciation of the bigger picture. Take the subject under discussion here, the thorny one of reincarnation.

So many ideas about this subject come from other faiths, beliefs and religions. A simple principle has become overlaid by ideas from here, there and wherever else. A common misapprehension is that we are sent back or have to come back without understanding why we're here in the first place. So how can they understand why we choose to return? It's as if routinely returning to this world is something we just have to do until we've achieved whatever folk believe we have to achieve. Of course they'd resent having to do that - if it were the case!

Even some who are confident they remember previous lives may not recall why they came back this time! Conversely some individuals do know (consciously or sub-consciously) why they returned and they may be the most comfortable when approaching this subject. The returners know how they feel now about being back but can they be certain how they felt, what decisions they made, when they made the choice?
Old 10-05-2022, 10:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess

It is best to move forward with curiosity so as not to be disappointed.
I'm all for curiosity but that alone won't ensure we won't be disappointed. I'm sure of what I write about because I've done due diligence. I stick to just a few special topics and try to do them in depth and with guidance.

The individual saying something is far less important than whether that something appeals to your reason. If it does, mull it over, pick holes in it if you can, find its weaknesses, accept its strengths.....

If it doesn't appeal then no matter who/what the source might be then it's not for you - yet. But maybe in the future you may find it does have appeal and it does make sense. And be prepared to be disappointed at times when stuff doesn't work out the way you expected - been there, done that, didn't care for it - ouch!

Last edited by bobjob : 10-05-2022 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
Most people who are awake do not want to have to come back to this horrible place because it most likely will not be in the 40s,50s it will be after 2022 (Or whenever they die)

That is indeed how many people feel. I hear you.