Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-09-2020, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Depends also in how many fingers one has in how many pies '

The only thing that goes in my Pies are spoons, what a waste putting one's fingers into them, hope you use Hand Sanitizer

.... ....

x daz x
Old 20-09-2020, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
In my view and understanding its an aspect of your Self

It's all Self, but guides are no different from you or I in regards to being individual .

I hear at times peeps think that the guides are actually them, but they are not them individually speaking . They can be part of the same oversoul and these individuals can incarnate with you or guide your from beyond the physical .

Guides operate as individuals and think and act according to their own thoughts and feelings just like you and I ..

There is no separation implied by being individually able to think and feel for oneself as an individual .

x daz x
Old 22-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I have been wondering what our concepts are of what we call 'our guardian angel'. Admittedly I have only had a vague concept myself.....imagining it perhaps as the spirit of a relative or ancestor that had my interests at heart. I just read something by Sergei Bulgakov that seemed revelatory in nature to me...…"everyone has a personal guardian angel who is his heavenly image". I was really struck by this idea. It, indeed, makes it very personal....implying perhaps what we might otherwise call our higher Self. Without thinking about this previously I suppose that I had some idea that a 'guardian angel' might be a being that ministered to multiple people throughout time. Not one in the here and now and not just personally for me. Any thoughts on this ?

When I read what you wrote, the first thing that came to my mind was the Bible Book of Acts, Chapter 12. A young girl tells the Apostles that the Apostle Peter is outside at the gate. They reply that what she saw was his Angel.

That account has always had a profound affect on me.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-09-2020, 01:22 PM
Master

A guardian angel. I know that I am being protected, but guard service is a function. From my perspective we have spirit guides who helps us along in life. Some may have one. Many have more. A minority have many. I like to think of them as old friends who use of their time to check in on me regularly, on the off chance I need them. And if I call them, they take the phone. Between these guides there may be a spokesman, a teacher, a nurturer, indeed a protector, and other functions as well, or one guide fulfills several roles. After all, some of us are a bigger handful than others! Call them guardian angels if you like, or invisible friends, or personal envoys of your favorite deities - what does the color of an archive map matter?
Old 22-09-2020, 05:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
When I read what you wrote, the first thing that came to my mind was the Bible Book of Acts, Chapter 12. A young girl tells the Apostles that the Apostle Peter is outside at the gate. They reply that what she saw was his Angel.

That account has always had a profound affect on me.

BigJohn,

Thanks....:) That helps me to connect the dots. It demonstrates the mindset of a different time when people were more open to the very idea of the existence and presence of angels.

Somewhere in the library that I had to leave behind I had a book that was basically a study of relating the experiences of young children who had direct experiences of what can only be called angels. The people or apparitions that they encountered were completely real to them. I am quite willing to understand these beings as guardian angels whether it might be their higher selves or separate entities.

Jesus speaking in Matthew 18:3...…"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." " For a fuller context read Matthew 18:1-5.

I interpret this as meaning that one must make the connection to the higher Self which is informed by the Spirit. This remains as the necessary step to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Old 22-09-2020, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
BigJohn,

Thanks....:) That helps me to connect the dots. It demonstrates the mindset of a different time when people were more open to the very idea of the existence and presence of angels.

Somewhere in the library that I had to leave behind I had a book that was basically a study of relating the experiences of young children who had direct experiences of what can only be called angels. The people or apparitions that they encountered were completely real to them. I am quite willing to understand these beings as guardian angels whether it might be their higher selves or separate entities.

Jesus speaking in Matthew 18:3...…"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." " For a fuller context read Matthew 18:1-5.

I interpret this as meaning that one must make the connection to the higher Self which is informed by the Spirit. This remains as the necessary step to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Something you might want to note, in the Old Testament, Angels appeared many times as men.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-09-2020, 09:11 PM
janielee

Quote:
I am quite willing to understand these beings as guardian angels whether it might be their higher selves or separate entities.

I agree....
Old 24-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
BigJohn,

The root word for "angel" is "El", which comes from the Sumerian word "Elohim". It means "Shining One." The root word "div" in "Devi/Devani/Deva" also means "Shining One," and some 495 cultures across the globe all told of the very same beings - the Bible also tells of the Elohim. In Ireland they were known as the "Tautha de Danaan" or "Children of Diana," most likely where the word 'fairies' come from. Nowadays it's an avatar of the collective unconscious, and benevolent beings of Light are still at large. The wings come from the Sumerian Annunaki, which were depicted as having wings because they came from the heavens. And of course Christian angels needed wings to get themselves back to heaven. Beings of light are still very much real to people nowadays, as are demons - I used to work in mental health and that gave me some pretty scary experiences with people whose minds conjured up all kinds of scary monsters that were real to them.

What are the reasons you think you're not connected to your Higher Self? You can't lose your connection to your Higher Self - even if one exists. And your Hihger Self has access to the Akashic Records, the collective consciousness and everything else Spirit is supposed to have access to so what does it need to be informed of? Becoming like little children has nothing to do with the Higher Self, it has to do with innocence. It's about the reasons we think we are who and what we are, and how children accept their reality as it is presented to them. Children don't think they're Spiritual Beings on a human Journey and everything else that follows, they simply exist. The individuation process really kicks off around adolescence and that's when the innocence of childhood has gone.
Old 24-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The root word for "angel" is "El", which comes from the Sumerian word "Elohim". It means "Shining One." The root word "div" in "Devi/Devani/Deva" also means "Shining One," and some 495 cultures across the globe all told of the very same beings - the Bible also tells of the Elohim. In Ireland they were known as the "Tautha de Danaan" or "Children of Diana," most likely where the word 'fairies' come from. Nowadays it's an avatar of the collective unconscious, and benevolent beings of Light are still at large. The wings come from the Sumerian Annunaki, which were depicted as having wings because they came from the heavens. And of course Christian angels needed wings to get themselves back to heaven. Beings of light are still very much real to people nowadays, as are demons - I used to work in mental health and that gave me some pretty scary experiences with people whose minds conjured up all kinds of scary monsters that were real to them.

What are the reasons you think you're not connected to your Higher Self? You can't lose your connection to your Higher Self - even if one exists. And your Hihger Self has access to the Akashic Records, the collective consciousness and everything else Spirit is supposed to have access to so what does it need to be informed of? Becoming like little children has nothing to do with the Higher Self, it has to do with innocence. It's about the reasons we think we are who and what we are, and how children accept their reality as it is presented to them. Children don't think they're Spiritual Beings on a human Journey and everything else that follows, they simply exist. The individuation process really kicks off around adolescence and that's when the innocence of childhood has gone.

In the first creation account mentioned in the Bible (Genesis 1:1 - 2-3), the Hebrew word for God in those verses is Elohim. Elohim is a 'strange' word. It generally is translated as God, but it can also be translated as Angel and in some instances, can even be used to refer to us!

Old 24-09-2020, 05:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

Becoming like little children has nothing to do with the Higher Self, it has to do with innocence.The individuation process really kicks off around adolescence and that's when the innocence of childhood has gone.

Greenslade,

Innocence is a characteristic of little children....yes. But with that innocence there is also openness. It is this characteristic that seems to be relevant in this particular saying.

The individuation process denotes the acquisition of the ego. One of the first signs of this is when the child no longer says...."Johnny wants this" and instead is able to say....."I want this". i.e. he recognizes that he is separate from others.