Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-09-2020, 01:55 AM
traceyacey12

thoughts on Leo Gura from actualized.org

What do you think of Leo Gura from actualized.org? I was watching one of his more recent episodes and he was talking about how people think he is amoral but really the way he views morality is of a higher level. He says that everyone has their reasons for doing what they do, including criminals. So what do you think?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Old 15-09-2020, 03:05 AM
Master

Browsing a few search results on him, he seems a controversial figure. He seems to ask his followers to trust him, and they don't get the promised results. I wouldn't. It is also true that I don't trust any external source of guidance, in these matters.

From so many self-proclaimed gurus, why do you consider picking him?

If he really appeals to you, then you could give it a try, but clearly define a time-frame, and a measurable result you should achieve in that time-frame. If you don't achieve it, firmly drop him.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-09-2020, 03:12 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Browsing a few search results on him, he seems a controversial figure. He seems to ask his followers to trust him, and they don't get the promised results. I wouldn't. It is also true that I don't trust any external source of guidance, in these matters.

From so many self-proclaimed gurus, why do you consider picking him?

If he really appeals to you, then you could give it a try, but clearly define a time-frame, and a measurable result you should achieve in that time-frame. If you don't achieve it, firmly drop him.

hey, thanks for the reply. I am not really considering gurus, just watched some of his videos on youtube (unless me looking at his videos is considered taking him on as a guru).
Old 15-09-2020, 04:19 AM
MAYA EL

Delusional attention seeking buissness man making money off of spirituality . dime a dozen these days
Old 15-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Master

I am a member on Actualized and post there sometimes. Not really into Leo's stuff, but he's an OK guy. He has some great insights, on the other hand, I'm not crazy about his promotion of psychedelics as the best route to enlightenment. He has also controversially claimed that suicide is no big deal, since Life and Death is an illusion anyway. Perhaps that's technically true, but seems a tad irresponsible for someone whose main following seems to be troubled, sometimes even suicidal teenagers and twentysomethings.
Old 16-09-2020, 05:57 AM
Master
Never interacted with the guy to formulate much of an opinion. But the forum seems like a pretty decent place.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Master

I joined Actualized when it looked like this forum was going to close but I seldom go on there. I agree with NoOne's comments about Leo Gura - I haven't felt inspired to check out any of his videos.

Peace
Old 16-09-2020, 07:48 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
I'm not crazy about his promotion of psychedelics as the best route to enlightenment. He has also controversially claimed that suicide is no big deal, since Life and Death is an illusion anyway. Perhaps that's technically true, but seems a tad irresponsible for someone whose main following seems to be troubled, sometimes even suicidal teenagers and twentysomethings.

Sorry, but that's awful IMO. Many people have insights - so what.

JL
Old 16-09-2020, 07:52 PM
Master

I've been on his forum site. He makes me very uncomfortable. Members of the forum talk nothing but his rules; his way of doing things. Gives me the creeps.
Old 16-09-2020, 07:54 PM
janielee

Sort of like a cult, eh, that's what happens, I reckon, when people get some "experiences" and then think they are somehow "It". Sad.