Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi Starman.... I did not know that you lost your sight. ( Not seeking sympathy, I know, but must have been terrible at the time )... You see "eyes" and "sight" to me , and I expect to most people are so very important. In normal life I could not live without my books, from being a toddler, as my books were my safe haven, my escape , as it were, and I have always had a fear of losing all of that.... But with your experience, and as it would appear, almost as though it was "meant" to happen in order for you to experience everything you describe, which is quite a remarkable story. When my eyes opened properly , I was filled with such love for everyone and everything... It was instant . I had to deal with numerous people on a daily basis, some of whom I wasn't keen on. But suddenly, I was "seeing" them... Not looking at them, actually seeing right into them. And actually listening to them properly... And smiling at them. And realising how wrong we are to judge others simply because we have different personalities. But it wasn't just people, or animals, it was everything.... The sky and clouds became even more of a wonderment... I couldn't stop looking at it.. the trees , the grass, the fields, even on a cloudy day, the beauty of everything I saw wanted to make me cry. It was like being transported back to the days of innocent childhood, and the lovely pictures from my story books were real after all...!!... Sorry.. got lost again in my ramblings...

Like says Starman,

You are not rambling Elfin.

It is just beautiful what you wrote.
Old 15-09-2020, 10:30 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Thank you for giving me a good laugh. Having gone through eye problems, once I got my sight back, I worked with people who had physical disabilities, and it amazed me the resilience most of them had. I felt comfortable around them and they inspired me.

Once I was teaching a college class where I told students they had to get up in front of the class and give a presentation. One of my students who was blind told me he was scared to get up in front of people and talk. I told him “you’re blind and you won’t be able to see them.” He told me he was still scared, so I told him to go home and stand in front of a mirror and practice. We both laughed about it, which relived his tension. This is the kind of comfort I feel around people with physical disabilities.

I read somewhere here on this forum that you said you are an “old woman.” I think I am older than you but I don’t consider myself to be old.

Nonetheless, now that I'm older (but refuse to grow up) here's what I've discovered....
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats have turned into prunes and All Bran.
3. I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.
5. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
6. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
7. It’s not hard to meet expenses...they're everywhere.
8. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
9. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.
10. I know I am getting older because when I walk my arms move faster than my legs.

THE SENILITY PRAYER
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones that I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Old people’s jokes
LOLOL... I'm loving all of this so much !! Very much my type of humour .... What you say we pack our hankies on the end of a long stick and we run off into the wild blue yonder?...I'll bring the wheelchair ..... But on the subject of letting "go" .... Humour is the ONE thing I keep tightly hold of !!!!.....
Old 15-09-2020, 10:32 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Like says Starman,

You are not rambling Elfin.

It is just beautiful what you wrote.
Thank you Antoine.... Lovely to see you .
Old 18-09-2020, 12:45 AM
Master
Here is a new one found. Most of us oldies would know him, but the young'ens more likely not. A collection of interviews by John Lydon aka Jonny "Rotten".
Shows a very intelligent individual who has stripped away most of his ego and puts a lot of interviewers in their place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcZn...annel=Loudwire

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.