Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-09-2020, 12:06 AM
Master
Higher Self teaching us a lesson?

I read these verses from the book of Daniel the other day and it struck me how similar it was to the story of Adam and Eve being thrown out of the garden of Eden, like another perspective on that story - humanity are spiritually torn apart because “the Most High” is teaching us a lesson about who’s in charge. I’m willing to consider that “the Most High” is actually our Higher Self, and we need to learn that our Higher Self is in charge... does anyone else see this, or maybe you see something else?

The Vision of a Great Tree

10 ‘Now these were the visions [h]in my mind as I lay on my bed: I was looking, and behold, there was a tree in the midst of the [i]earth and its height was great.

11 ‘The tree grew large and became strong
And its height reached to the sky,
And it was visible to the end of the whole earth.
12 ‘Its foliage was beautiful and its fruit abundant,
And in it was food for all.
The beasts of the field found shade under it,
And the birds of the sky dwelt in its branches,
And all [j]living creatures fed themselves from it.
13 ‘I was looking in the visions [k]in my mind as I lay on my bed, and behold, an angelic watcher, a holy one, descended from heaven.

14 ‘He shouted out and spoke as follows:
Chop down the tree and cut off its branches,
Strip off its foliage and scatter its fruit;
Let the beasts flee from under it
And the birds from its branches.
15 “Yet leave the stump [l]with its roots in the ground,
But with a band of iron and bronze around it
In the new grass of the field;
And let him be drenched with the dew of heaven,
And let [m]him share with the beasts in the grass of the earth.
16 “Let his [n]mind be changed from that of a man
And let a beast’s [o]mind be given to him,
And let seven [p]periods of time pass over him.
17 “This sentence is by the decree of the angelic watchers
And the decision is a command of the holy ones,
In order that the living may know
That the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind,
And bestows it on whom He wishes
And sets over it the lowliest of men.”
18 This is the dream which I, King Nebuchadnezzar, have seen.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:20 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I read these verses from the book of Daniel the other day and it struck me how similar it was to the story of Adam and Eve being thrown out of the garden of Eden, like another perspective on that story - humanity are spiritually torn apart because “the Most High” is teaching us a lesson about who’s in charge. I’m willing to consider that “the Most High” is actually our Higher Self, and we need to learn that our Higher Self is in charge... does anyone else see this, or maybe you see something else?

the "Most High" ,Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), isn't teaching anyone a lesson. all that we go through, is either because of what we have done to ourselves and others. also satan plays a major part. you said " “the Most High” is actually our Higher Self." and that "we need to learn that our Higher Self is in charge." but the "Most High" is referring to an Invisible High Spirit being who created everything.

we're imperfect humans, who can't even direct our own footsteps without the true "Most High ,(Jer. 10:23 O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps). we don't cause ourselves to wake up each morning. it's by means of the Breath of life that the "Most High", placed in us ,in which to do so.

we're "Torn apart" because we chose to follow a course leading to our own destruction, both Spiritually and physically. man will Never and could Never remove or add to human kind. no matter how some try and what some chose to believe. ONLY the "Most High", true God, along with Jesus can redo what is wrong. peace
Old 01-09-2020, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
the "Most High" ,Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), isn't teaching anyone a lesson. all that we go through, is either because of what we have done to ourselves and others. also satan plays a major part. you said " “the Most High” is actually our Higher Self." and that "we need to learn that our Higher Self is in charge." but the "Most High" is referring to an Invisible High Spirit being who created everything.

we're imperfect humans, who can't even direct our own footsteps without the true "Most High ,(Jer. 10:23 O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps). we don't cause ourselves to wake up each morning. it's by means of the Breath of life that the "Most High", placed in us ,in which to do so.

we're "Torn apart" because we chose to follow a course leading to our own destruction, both Spiritually and physically. man will Never and could Never remove or add to human kind. no matter how some try and what some chose to believe. ONLY the "Most High", true God, along with Jesus can redo what is wrong. peace

' all that we go through, is either because of what we have done to ourselves and others.'

Tell that to the Children dying from Cancer and other Diseases, or the Starving Babies in the world, or maybe the Children forced into Prostitution, oh by the way it's your fault, absolutely ridiculous.....
Old 01-09-2020, 05:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

I appreciate your words once more.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 01-09-2020, 11:51 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' all that we go through, is either because of what we have done to ourselves and others.'

Tell that to the Children dying from Cancer and other Diseases, or the Starving Babies in the world, or maybe the Children forced into Prostitution, oh by the way it's your fault, absolutely ridiculous.....
Well OK then, let's just all agree it is Adam and Eve's fault.... or maybe that slippery snake. At any rate, like Job's friends told him to console him.... it must somehow be your fault, as one can't blame God, one must defend God.
With friends like that.....
Old 02-09-2020, 06:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well OK then, let's just all agree it is Adam and Eve's fault.... or maybe that slippery snake. At any rate, like Job's friends told him to console him.... it must somehow be your fault, as one can't blame God, one must defend God.

No wonder the World is in a mess when they see that everything that happens is the fault of oneself. It does take the blame away from ' Their God ' though.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:53 AM
Master
Quote:
No wonder the World is in a mess when they see that everything that happens is the fault of oneself. It does take the blame away from ' Their God ' though.
why place blame at all? What does blaming anything do? Some stuff just happens we can't do a thing about.
Here's something for everyones brain to chew on Even the insurance companies blame God in a negative way. When a tree falls on your house or it gets struck by lightning and does damage. They call it an "act of God"
Old 02-09-2020, 07:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
why place blame at all? What does blaming anything do? Some stuff just happens we can't do a thing about.
Here's something for everyones brain to chew on Even the insurance companies blame God in a negative way. When a tree falls on your house or it gets struck by lightning and does damage. They call it an "act of God"

People need to ' Blame ' because unlike yourself and myself they cannot see that ' Things Happen ' through ' Cause and Effect '.

Blame is very important in Christianity but I won't delve into the reasons, I'm sure it's easy to see why and maybe it's a good Topic for another Thread
Old 02-09-2020, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
People need to ' Blame ' because unlike yourself and myself they cannot see that ' Things Happen ' through ' Cause and Effect '.

Blame is very important in Christianity but I won't delve into the reasons, I'm sure it's easy to see why and maybe it's a good Topic for another Thread
it would be a good topic for a different thread. Just don't know how to word it.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I did it, it was my fault.