Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-09-2020, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I agree he wouldn't have cared what Religion people are but rather as to their actions.

I can imagine actions are important, but so are beliefs ((which make up the religion)) if you check the Bible (Romans 10:9-10, John 20:29, John 3:16) ((there's more..)).

In some churches the focus is purely on belief. If you believe then you are saved. In other churches, actions carry weight too.
Old 27-09-2020, 08:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I can imagine actions are important, but so are beliefs ((which make up the religion)) if you check the Bible (Romans 10:9-10, John 20:29, John 3:16) ((there's more..)).

In some churches the focus is purely on belief. If you believe then you are saved. In other churches, actions carry weight too.

Yes there are some who believe what Churches preach regarding believing to be saved but thankfully I am not one of their believers

I have my own personal beliefs and they don't come from what others tell me to believe, they come from insights.....
Old 28-09-2020, 02:50 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid
I am not my body.

I follow Christ's commands, not the recommendations of those who do not understand his words and say false things concerning them.

There are times when the best way to "Edit" it to make it clear that we will not stand for any nonsense or use of language that is not fitting a family site. Agree to disagree and accept the beliefs and feelings of others.

Lynn
SF Admin

Regards
DL
Old 28-09-2020, 08:28 PM
janielee

Quote:
Yes there are some who believe what Churches preach regarding believing to be saved but thankfully I am not one of their believers

I have my own personal beliefs and they don't come from what others tell me to believe, they come from insights.....

Agreed.

In my opinion, beliefs are the most limited, constricting and divisive aspects of the thought process.

This is because beliefs are linear. I believe X, you believe Y, Sue over there believes Z.

Wars start because of belief.

But what is beyond, but encompasses, beliefs? It has to be something bigger than that.

Does a person who believes but murders another get access to the Kingdom of God?

I doubt that.

It's unfortunate that most of modern Christianity is based on selected scriptures - borne of political reasons.

Religion without contemplation is a poor offering indeed, IMO.

JL
Old 28-09-2020, 09:18 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Agreed.

In my opinion, beliefs are the most limited, constricting and divisive aspects of the thought process.

This is because beliefs are linear. I believe X, you believe Y, Sue over there believes Z.

Wars start because of belief.

But what is beyond, but encompasses, beliefs? It has to be something bigger than that.

Does a person who believes but murders another get access to the Kingdom of God?

I doubt that.

It's unfortunate that most of modern Christianity is based on selected scriptures - borne of political reasons.

Religion without contemplation is a poor offering indeed, IMO.

JL
You are an X?!! I'm a Y. I hear you Xs believe the craziest things and can't be trusted, who knows what you might do next. I suppose we can tolerate you Xs for now, but I think power should be held by Ys. And if it gets to the point where there is not enough to go around, it's going to have to be you Xs that go, not us Ys. Sure am glad I am a Y.
Old 29-09-2020, 02:31 AM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
You are an X?!! I'm a Y. I hear you Xs believe the craziest things and can't be trusted, who knows what you might do next. I suppose we can tolerate you Xs for now, but I think power should be held by Ys. And if it gets to the point where there is not enough to go around, it's going to have to be you Xs that go, not us Ys. Sure am glad I am a Y.

The songs of Laïcité will be sung throughout many lands.

Down with brain destroying supernatural thinking.

Regards
DL
Old 29-09-2020, 03:41 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

The Zs are much more problematic
Old 29-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:

Without the Bible you would not have heard about Jesus. Religion is the foundation. If we want to know what Jesus said then the Bible offers more clarity than a personal mystical experience, because those can go in any direction. You get nice trips, bad trips, people validating their beliefs in meditation. These are useful for personal stuff, but not when trying to understand historical figures.
Old 29-09-2020, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Without the Bible you would not have heard about Jesus. Religion is the foundation. If we want to know what Jesus said then the Bible offers more clarity than a personal mystical experience, because those can go in any direction. You get nice trips, bad trips, people validating their beliefs in meditation. These are useful for personal stuff, but not when trying to understand historical figures.

The Bible offers no clarity to me personally it was written by ordinary people maybe on their own ' Mystical Trips '

The Bible tells you about Jesus but knowing Jesus is another thing....
Old 29-09-2020, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:

As you say basically, to get to know about Jesus and what he said, one would have to have to be exposed directly or indirectly from the Bible.

Same methodology would hold true about Buddha, and other historical, religious figures.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜