Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 29-04-2020, 02:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolecherielukas
Namaste,

I am looking to increase my psychic abilities and intuition to connect more with higher realms and myself.
I am 21 and I love meditation, yoga, and mindfulness but I'm looking to advance in my spirituality more.. feel lighter & more connected to the deeper world around us.

I'm wondering how to stop caring so much what people think...
Sometimes I pick up people's emotions too much & then carry them as my own.
Empath possibly?

Anyways, I'm looking to connect & make some new friends!
Share anything you would like :)

Thank you so much,
Blessings,

Nicole
Those who know me, know what I am all about.

Just let your light shine. No need to shut it down.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-04-2020, 08:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Nicole,

What you think of them is equally important to how you feel they think about you.

You are obviously quite sensitive to other people's energy and your own judgements towards those people will magnify those feelings intensely, the more you dwell upon their potential thoughts toward you, the more you tune into those feelings too. The issue is that those thoughts & feeling are not always going to be 100% accurate, you are going to project some of that energy yourself unintentionally.

The best way to keep your energy field sweet, is not to focus upon what others think of you, but instead change the way you perceive & think towards them instead. create a field of good intention towards everyone in your life & that will be your shield, so that instead of worryIng about what they think you can let go & concentrate on yourself instead.

Forms of Meta exercises & meditation are the best way to help form that positive intention toward other people. You need to train yourself to see beyond there judgements & find something positive to focus on about them instead. It is easy to let go of someone when you see good in them & focus on that, than that it is to someone who you reflect upon negatively. Seeing them as being judgmental is a negative thought pattern, one that comes with a price, your feeling get tied into the thoughts & a negative spiral can begin unless you realize your doing it & choose to stop.

Anyways back to where Meta comes in to play, Meta exercises & meditations help you to focus on the good in people rather than the bad. If it's someone your deeply entangled with negatively then meditations are best. However if you just want to keep your feeling good towards everyone in general try this simple excercise:

Every time you see someone, smile & say the following in your head towards them: "be well, be happy, be full of love & kindness". No one needs to know you are doing it just you. Do this for a month & you will start to see your thoughts & feeling change towards people dramatically. Rather than dwelling on what they may or may not think about you, you will be to busy, sending good thoughts there way. This will be your shield your silent power. There are other hidden benefits to following this Meta exercise too, but I will leave you to discover them for yourself, Good luck,

Evenflow
Old 29-04-2020, 04:18 PM
Master
Other people are always very positive.
You don't need to worry about other people.
Your trying to become as them, is what puts you off balance.
Because the one who you truely are, is already in line with their being always perfectly as is, in ever graceful perfect unfolding.
Allow your awareness of it, and then simply become aware of the one who is being aware of it.
This is who you truely are.
And you are not bound by any of it.
You are evermore free from all of it, evermore free for all of it, evermore free as all of it, evermore free through all of it, evermore free with all of it.
You are the unconditionally loving light of the evermore spacious awareness of all of it.
And this freedom is without end and without beginning. It is evermore.
Old 29-04-2020, 05:46 PM
Guide
Nichole, the first thing you can do is change your mind about the people you are thinking about, you have no control over them or what or how they think. A good exercise is to find one thing you like about each person you have a problem with, or that you think has a problem with you. Remember Nothing is personal unless you make it personal (in your thoughts).
Old 07-05-2020, 01:11 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Elfin, your comment helped me realize what I was attempting to say in my earlier post

I realised that what I was talking about was self acceptance. Much as Elfin mentioned, acceptance of ones thoughts, emotions experiences ect without placing the extra burden of judgment upon those experiences...

That is what has created the most significant change in my life in regards to this topic. It's not that I entirely stopped caring what others think. it is more that I accept myself with greater ease then ever before and that makes me less afraid or concerned of what others might think.
I'm honouring myself and my experiences through acceptance.
Hi... And in order to be yourself you will never stop caring about what others think. But what you think about yourself has to be paramount. Love yourself first, and what others then think about you is secondary and you will cope. It's not easy!!! But do-able with mind training.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:00 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Generally,i think,and it may become a point in time for some,that nothing matters.

And i mean non attachment from everything,beliefs,what others think etc.

Problem is,we are conditioned and programmed to think in some way and conform to a so-called righteous society and media dictations etc.

Hard for most to distance and see beyond the forest.
I agree completely. Nothing and everything matters. All answers are correct and all answers are also incorrect. Earth is a school. Skipping class (disconnect) and you can see this more clearly
Old 12-05-2020, 11:40 PM
Pathfinder
Both the one who tries to please others, and the one who judges others,
Is the person who looks towards others and does'nt focus on the self.
They're the same one...

And so the irony is that the judges are also judging themselves when you're not present...
We have to love and be true to ourselves before we mask our darker sides from others
Though this is hard it's the only thing I can call a right thing to do - beyond moral and culture, beyond lies and fears, just the way nature wants you to be!
Old 23-06-2020, 09:15 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well, it helps to remember that you have no idea what they are actually thinking. What you are caring about is what you think they might be thinking, usually about you.

Yeah, I agree with this. Not only do we not know what other people are actually thinking about, sometimes they themselves aren't completely clear about what they're thinking about.

Even if they say it out loud, the words they say may not match the thoughts in their mind due to limitation of words and interpretation. And then we add our own interpretation on top of it, and it makes a whole mess of misunderstanding.

But if you want to stop caring what people think, in a good way, then be clear on your purpose, what you want to do, what you want to say. If it's truly important, what other people think won't have an impact of the truth you want to convey.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:56 AM
Knower
So long as you are looking out from your eyes with the disposition that what you're observing is separate from yourself, you will be stuck in the land of contrasts and comparisons. When someone thinks you are wise it is likely to cause you to feel good about yourself, when someone thinks you are a fool it is likely to cause you to feel bad about yourself. This loop is a trap which causes your self to be completely confused and blown about like cattle in a tornado.

When you feel good about yourself you feel good, when you feel bad about yourself you feel bad. Is it possible to feel good about yourself and bad about yourself at the same time? If you feel good about yourself on Monday but bad about yourself on Tuesday does that mean your feeling about yourself on Monday was not real or does it mean that the way you feel about yourself on Tuesday is not real? Perhaps on Monday you thought "I am on top of the world, everything is going so perfectly" but on Tuesday you thought "I can't believe this is happening, how can I have sunk so low" but you forgot that on Sunday things couldn't get any worse.

If you want to see what you look like, you seek a mirror. When you gaze into the mirror, is what you see your perception of yourself or the mirrors perception of you? If you explain in great detail the plot of Lord of the Rings to your dog and he look's at you sideways with that "can I have treat" look in his eyes does it mean that you've done a poor job explaining Lord of the Rings?

If you want to free your self from being enslaved to the thoughts of others, stop creating others. If you want to stop creating others, stop using a knife as a means to perceive yourself.
Old 25-08-2020, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid
So long as you are looking out from your eyes with the disposition that what you're observing is separate from yourself, you will be stuck in the land of contrasts and comparisons. When someone thinks you are wise it is likely to cause you to feel good about yourself, when someone thinks you are a fool it is likely to cause you to feel bad about yourself. This loop is a trap which causes your self to be completely confused and blown about like cattle in a tornado.

When you feel good about yourself you feel good, when you feel bad about yourself you feel bad. Is it possible to feel good about yourself and bad about yourself at the same time? If you feel good about yourself on Monday but bad about yourself on Tuesday does that mean your feeling about yourself on Monday was not real or does it mean that the way you feel about yourself on Tuesday is not real? Perhaps on Monday you thought "I am on top of the world, everything is going so perfectly" but on Tuesday you thought "I can't believe this is happening, how can I have sunk so low" but you forgot that on Sunday things couldn't get any worse.

If you want to see what you look like, you seek a mirror. When you gaze into the mirror, is what you see your perception of yourself or the mirrors perception of you? If you explain in great detail the plot of Lord of the Rings to your dog and he look's at you sideways with that "can I have treat" look in his eyes does it mean that you've done a poor job explaining Lord of the Rings?

If you want to free your self from being enslaved to the thoughts of others, stop creating others. If you want to stop creating others, stop using a knife as a means to perceive yourself.
Yeah this really points out how much our thoughts affect us. And trying to think positively from specific life situations is difficult and often fails. But when one thinks in general terms. One can take general negative emotional energy motional thought journeys. So instead of setting specific goals. and fail. I simply think
I want to feel good.
Feel good is a general good feeling thought. I can focus on feel good. And find the good feeling in many different situations and then when I feel good enough I can move forward with that, and then practice feeling good in my interactions with other people. But not before I am inspired to do so. Not when my thoughts are not synchronised yet, with many good feeling thoughts, that I am then suppose to be stable in that.

As I focused on what I wanted to do. I thought about fun. I could not find something fun to do. Because that is too specific. So to make it easy for myself, I always go general in my thoughts.

I think about fun for a couple of minutes. Focus on the word fun. And see what comes to my mind. I suddenly saw an image in my head of people talking together and laughing. And suddenly I ended up here on the forums. And I now enjoy this group conversation. It is fun to talk to other people. I enjoy that. And now without having to find something fun to do, I simply lined up with fun, and I wind up in a situation where I am doing something that is fun.

Because the general energy motional emotion state of your thoughts, this energetic emotional grid, of your thoughts, the energy of your consciousness, doesn't require one to fill the specifics in with detail. The energy of fun or whatever energy feels good to you, what you truely want, will always fill itself in with specifics. This is simply how the mind and its energy and thought expansion operates. Think 17 seconds about the word fun, that thought expands as more thoughts like that thought join it and more ideas of fun occur. Untill in just a few minutes, I am in a situation that I enjoy having fun in what I am doing.

But if I went specific. And asked myself, "What can I do now that is fun?" I would instantly receive the thought "I don't know what I wanna do" "I can't find anything that is fun to do." And downwards spiral like that. Because it is too specific. But with general thoughts it's allot easier. So easy that infact, the entire universe takes care of everything. I just think about fun and the thoughts grow, and I keep focusing on it and the word and what it might mean, memories of fun occur or vissions, or ideas and voila.

Too specific: it causes split energy and contradiction. IT is too specific. The energy is too fast and making a jump from specifically negative thought to specifically positive is impossible and always backfires. I am not ready for it and I cannot contradict my own energy and allow it to expand in self contradiction at the same time. The thoughts keep cancelling themselves out untill one just hits rock buttom in hopeless recognition that one cannot find anything fun to do. Gotta start with a simple easy general positive thought that then can easily expand. Or atleast make those specifically negative thoughts more generally negative. Like "hopeless" And then simply think about hope, and what it means and focus on it and let it grow untill one finds many things of hope naturally in just mere minutes of focus and allowing the generally to found by allowing the thought to grow. Much more easily. And that is the path of least/lesser resistance or most/more allowance.