Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-09-2020, 06:36 PM
janielee

Kyle Gray cards

Hi

I bought some Kyle Gray cards as these were recommended to me.

However, I notice that nearly all messages are positive and I sometimes think - would any of these apply regardless of which situation?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

JL
Old 13-09-2020, 06:51 PM
Ascender
I prefer positive cards - the worlds got too much negativity and evil

when you are surrounded by positive people - then positive cards aren't so far from reality

when you are surrounded by evil people - you wish the positive cards were reality but they are not your current reality

even then I prefer the positive cards because the negativity wants to suck you in and destroy you - misery wants company -- evil is a bad thing

I have cards that are more reality based for this messed up environment - but I already know the situation that the cards are telling me about

I am looking for the positive and if it isn't the reality that I'm in then I need to change my reality and get away from the toxic situation - then the positivity cards will be a reality

I already know about all the negativity - but that's not what I'm looking for --- that's what I'm trying to avoid

I left this evil place and moved to a good town full of good people and all of the sudden life was good -- now I'm back here with these evil demons and I hate it

there is nothing wrong with positivity cards --- there is something wrong with negativity and evil -- just my opinion

maybe the cards are just trying to help you see the positive that does exist among all of the evil and negativity

it's all about what you are looking for and what you're interested in

positivity cards are always better in my opinion - and are sought after while trying to avoid the alternative - I'm not into or attracted to dark evil stuff - it just doesn't appeal to me -- I just prefer to avoid it and gravitate toward a better way

Last edited by Hologram8 : 13-09-2020 at 11:28 PM.
Old 13-09-2020, 08:40 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hi

However, I notice that nearly all messages are positive and I sometimes think - would any of these apply regardless of which situation?

Thanks

JL

Hmmm.
I know a lot of people who love these types of cards because they want something to uplift them. I don't think it's realistic to expect them to apply to any and every situation.

Real life is not all positivity, rainbows and unicorns. You can try and surround yourself with as many positive people as you like but, again, you're bypassing the realities of real life with new age fluff.

When someone is going through a difficult time (relationship breakdown, a death/grieving process, financial hardship) giving someone a positive message may soothe in the short term, but depending on their psychological state, does little else to help them come to terms with and move through their situation.

The problem, for me, is the desperate need for positivity among the new age which leads to spiritual bypassing on a grand scale.

I always try to find oracle decks that have, what a lot of people here would deem, more 'negative' messages (although they aren't). Having negativity tied in with 'evil' is part of the spiritual bypassing I'm on about. 'Negative' and 'evil' are two totally seperate things. When I read the cards (usually tarot) I will not sugar coat a negative message (e.g yes, the person in your life is cheating on you) as it gives false hope. We live in a difficult and complex world, we need to learn how to manoeuvre through this existence successfully. Focusing on where we are going to end up, once this physical existence is over, means we miss out on the richly coloured experience we call life.

I find the denial of anything negative pretentious and patronising. Denying or trying to ignore that we all have a darker side to our nature, is to ignore the parts of us that require the most work and loving acceptance. It's how we deal with our negative side, our shadows, as Jung would call them, and what we do to bring them into acceptance that the real spiritual work begins. We are not 'whole' if we ignore that.

Sorry, went a bit off topic there.
Rant over.
Old 13-09-2020, 09:27 PM
janielee

Thank you very much 55Degrees and Hologram8

55Degrees - I don't disagree that we need to know and come to terms with that which is considered the shadow side - were it not so, how could one be Made Whole again?

Thank you again.

Namaste,

JL
Old 13-09-2020, 10:46 PM
Master
Not sure which cards you are talking about, but I don't agree. There are many decks that appear to be positive only while there are deeper messages to be found in them, including not so positive ones.
It also depends on your own line of questioning, for instance if asking "What quality do I lack?" or "What am I not doing enough?" a positive card automatically is more negative.

I prefer decks that don't have loads of negativity. As a reader I intuitively pick up on that if it is necessary.
One of the reasons I never use reversals in Tarot. I don't believe in the randomness of that, I do believe in my own intuition. I have noticed for instance that over time there's more and more reversed cards in a deck which means you get mostly negatively focused readings.
I can't work with that.

I got Kyle Gray's Angels & Ancestors and Keepers of the Light. It's never been a problem for me that they were all positive. I don't see them that way either to be honest. I suppose it's personal preference and how you read.

Also, have you watched reviews of the decks on YouTube before buying? It is really helpful and can help prevent disappointment.
Old 13-09-2020, 11:09 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Not sure which cards you are talking about, but I don't agree. There are many decks that appear to be positive only while there are deeper messages to be found in them, including not so positive ones.
It also depends on your own line of questioning, for instance if asking "What quality do I lack?" or "What am I not doing enough?" a positive card automatically is more negative.

I prefer decks that don't have loads of negativity. As a reader I intuitively pick up on that if it is necessary.
One of the reasons I never use reversals in Tarot. I don't believe in the randomness of that, I do believe in my own intuition. I have noticed for instance that over time there's more and more reversed cards in a deck which means you get mostly negatively focused readings.
I can't work with that.

I got Kyle Gray's Angels & Ancestors and Keepers of the Light. It's never been a problem for me that they were all positive. I don't see them that way either to be honest. I suppose it's personal preference and how you read.

Also, have you watched reviews of the decks on YouTube before buying? It is really helpful and can help prevent disappointment.

Thanks, FairyCrystal; I appreciate that perspective. On second thoughts, you're right there's often a deeper message in there too. I'm not disappointed per se, I've not really used Tarot before anyway and was just seeing what there is. It's interesting to hear peoples' different perspectives on this topic too.

JL
Old 14-09-2020, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi

Thanks

JL

Shuffle the cards and layout the cards.

If one of the cards is upside down, read it with some 'negativity'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-09-2020, 11:29 PM
Ascender
in my opinion it's always better when the cards are positive -

you can't help but notice the real and the negative - but it's not always easy to see the positive

positivity cards are the way to go as far as I'm concerned
Old 15-09-2020, 04:25 AM
janielee

Thanks again.
Old 15-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks, FairyCrystal; I appreciate that perspective. On second thoughts, you're right there's often a deeper message in there too. I'm not disappointed per se, I've not really used Tarot before anyway and was just seeing what there is. It's interesting to hear peoples' different perspectives on this topic too.

JL
I was referring to the people who use reversals in Tarot because then you get more negative messages.
For some things I want clear, so called negative smack-in-my-face messages, and then I go for my Dark Goddess oracle by Barbara Meiklejohn-Free.