Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 17-10-2014, 02:37 AM
AnandinBhisajKurma

Question Reiki, Essential Oils, and Brand Names

Hello friends, I've spent the past two hours researching essential oils. I plan to use them for myself, and in my reiki practice.

My head is spinning

Do to the giant fail that is EO regulations, there is no true winner in this brand-name-game.

Young Living seems to be the absolute best, but I would like to amazon order them, and YL does not approve of this. The YL products being sold on amazon are reviewed as possibly tampered with, resealed, not legitimate, etc. and so on and on and on.

I've researched 5 other brands (doTerra, Eden Gardens, Mountain Rose Herbs, Native American Nutritionals, Now Foods), and there is no clear winner. In fact, many of the reviews and blog posts I'm finding are loyalists touting the brand that they themselves are selling.

What brand do you use? Why?

Thank you friends.

Namaste
Old 19-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Experiencer

I would suggest not using them in your reiki practice, unless only on yourself - unless you are qualified to use essential oils. Qualifications and insurance are sensible if you are wanting to use them on other people, especially as oils can have varying effects on people and can exacerbate certain conditions if not used carefully (skin conditions to mental conditions).

I have purchased oils through oils4life and amazon, but I haven't been looking for specific brands. A higher-quality oil is better for massage, but for fragrancing and oil burning purposes you don't need to pay through the nose.

If you're looking at all of the above brands and the difference is a couple of £ here and there, there's a pretty good chance they are the same oil but you'll be paying the extra £ for brand. You do not always have to pay a premium price for a quality oil (some sites will say this, mostly those charging the high price). I don't think I've ever paid more than £3 for lavender and when drop-tested on tissue it evaporates cleanly without leaving a mark - a sign the oil has not been mixed with a carrier.
Old 29-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Ivy

I'm not sure how you are wanting to use aromatherapy oils with reiki?

I wouldn't buy oils from amazon. Even if the oil hasn't been tampered with, the quality of essential oils has a sell by date, it is also dependent upon the conditions that the oils have been stored in. If old, or stored in sunlight or a warm place, the qualities of the oil will begin to break down.

I tend to buy oils from a pharmacy, as it enables me to check the sell by date on them. Online, I would choose Tisserand.

It's also helpful to know what to expect in terms of pricing of individual oils. As Fruitloop says, lavender oil can be relatively cheap, but if you find rose for £3, I wouldn't touch it, because it is a much more expensive oil.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:24 AM
inner.be

I am doing the same, Anandin. I found a book that was particularly helpful, called Aromatherapy & Subtle Energy Techniques by Joni Loughran and Ruah Bull. I think it's out of print, but you can still find it on Amazon. They have both a great deal of information, and long listings of resources at the end of each chapter if you want further reading. Its a little expensive but worth it. Gave me a lot more direction on my research.
Old 13-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Mrs_Elle

I take every opportunity to let others know about fabulousfrannie.com this is where I bought my first batch. You can get I think 13 or 14 oils for ~40 and they have a create-your-own 6 pack for $25. I would not suggest ingesting these oils, but they've done great for making my own blends, diffusing and in various other health and beauty products that I have made.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Seeker
I mainly use Plant Therapy essential oils, I have had the best luck with these and they seem to be of excellent quality.

Ive read quite a bit about essential oils as well and its hard to understand what the truth actually is. Ive read from some that young living is fraudulent, yet from others that they are the best manufacturers of essential oils. Most essential oils have not been studied in depth in regards to internal use, and though I used to drink small amounts of peppermint I stopped when I found out that the oil is possibly antibacterial (as in good bacteria as well).