Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 13-06-2012, 01:54 PM
ArmoaENERGY

Oil quality is very important, as lightwithin said! It so differnet effect from YL therapeutic grade!

For summer this will be good to know :)
Sunburn. Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain.

Rashes. Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.
Old 29-08-2012, 03:54 AM
Pathfinder

You should be able to find lavender oil at most health stores. I LOVE the smell of lavender and keep a sachet filled with lavender in my pillowcase to help relax me so I can fall asleep easier.

And, on a side note, there's a lavender farm about a half hour outside my city where they sell lavender jelly, which is sooooo good on crackers!
Old 29-08-2012, 12:08 PM
kislany

It's funny talking about lavender as I've just written a blog post on my site about it vs geranium oil in relation to healing burns based on my personal experience (with photos included - it was tough to take pictures of my arms, lol). After this experience I'm a convert to lavender. It's a 'jack of all trades' kind of thing, good for pretty much anything, much like aspirin when it comes to pills. Love it for relaxing (or making you alert if you're too sleepy), for healing wounds, mosquito bites, for anything end everything. Btw one thing about lavender, if you only use 1-3 drops, it's relaxing. But the more drops you add, the more alert and hyper it makes one, which is exactly the opposite of 'relaxed'. Weird huh.
Old 29-08-2012, 04:46 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kislany
It's funny talking about lavender as I've just written a blog post on my site about it vs geranium oil in relation to healing burns based on my personal experience (with photos included - it was tough to take pictures of my arms, lol). After this experience I'm a convert to lavender. It's a 'jack of all trades' kind of thing, good for pretty much anything, much like aspirin when it comes to pills. Love it for relaxing (or making you alert if you're too sleepy), for healing wounds, mosquito bites, for anything end everything. Btw one thing about lavender, if you only use 1-3 drops, it's relaxing. But the more drops you add, the more alert and hyper it makes one, which is exactly the opposite of 'relaxed'. Weird huh.

Oh Kislany, that is interesting! I frequently use lavender in conjunction with peppermint to sooth headaches, beginning by gently massaging the lavender in above he brow, at the temples, and at the base of the skull, followed by the peppermint which seems to invigorate and also has the effect of driving the lavender in faster. I find what you said to be true also of peppermint... a little is refreshing (plus sooths tummy troubles!), but an overage will give me a buzz!!!
Old 29-08-2012, 04:52 PM
kislany

One other reason why I love lavender is because so far I found it's the only oil that the skin can handle neat, without the oil first being diluted in a carrier. I can simply put it directly on the wound or place to heal and it does its mojo.

Indeed I also use it for headaches - I tend to get a lot of migraines and I think lavender does help a bit - not fully mind you, but it eases a bit that side-head tension. Never used peppermint with lavender, so it's a new recipe for me to try, thanks for the idea!
Old 29-08-2012, 05:32 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kislany
One other reason why I love lavender is because so far I found it's the only oil that the skin can handle neat, without the oil first being diluted in a carrier. I can simply put it directly on the wound or place to heal and it does its mojo.

Indeed I also use it for headaches - I tend to get a lot of migraines and I think lavender does help a bit - not fully mind you, but it eases a bit that side-head tension. Never used peppermint with lavender, so it's a new recipe for me to try, thanks for the idea!

Yes, lavender is so good for your skin... I have used it in conjunction with tea tree oil to heal scrape and bruises, and even hot-spots on my furkid. The lavender promotes healthy tissue growth I don't have trouble with using oils neat, but some I know can be irritating to some people, and peppermint is one of those. I always "test" on a small area the first time I use a new one, but I use very pure therapeutic grade oils and rarely encounter a problem. The only time I did was years ago, and it was with Lavender, of all things. I was new to essential oils and did not know the vast differences in purity and quality. I used an inexpensive brand called Aura Cacia and rubbed it into a friend's feet too sooth their soreness, and because there was a fair amount of flesh to cover, I used my typical carrier oil, which was almond oil. The next day she called to say she called to say the souls of both feet were totally broken out in blisters and painful to walk on! I assumed at the time that she was allergic and wanted to kick myself for not testing first, but today I realize it probably pulled out a lot of toxins and THAT was what caused the reaction she had! Uncomfortable as it was, it was actually a good thing! I might add I have been using Young Living Oils for the past five years and I have never had a problem with a single one of them. I even take them internally (those that can be taken such!)... I make myself a refreshing summer drink of water mixed with five or six drops of lemon oil, one drop of lavender, and a diluted single drop of peppermint. I sweeten it with Stevia. If I'm uptight and needing to relax, I stir in a couple of drops of valarian
Old 23-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Venus

I have a lavender raw vegan lemon cheesecake I am making in the future.My neighbour drinks it and the cafe on the corner sells lavender tea.
Old 20-06-2013, 03:28 AM
Neth Rana

I've become obsessed with lavender! Not only does it help me relax, but it also really helps with my headaches. :) Has anyone else used it for headaches before? :)
Old 20-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator
Lavender is very good for headaches. I don't get headaches so never used it for that, but traditionally it can be used for them.
I find it uplifts mood, and is great for helping sleep.
Old 22-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Lavendar06

Try amazon they heave everything! :)