Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-10-2020, 12:23 AM
Master
We are definitely all connected. Even the universes themselves communicate with each other. That all said, we are not all the same or as many like to call it: "One"

We are all sparks of life from the primordial soup of the cosmos, creating our own matrixes as we evolve. There is no real end to evolution--until the universe dies I suppose--but even then I sometimes wonder if souls just somehow bail to a different one if one's about to go under. Hmm..
Old 23-10-2020, 01:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
We are definitely all connected. Even the universes themselves communicate with each other. That all said, we are not all the same or as many like to call it: "One"

We are all sparks of life from the primordial soup of the cosmos, creating our own matrixes as we evolve. There is no real end to evolution--until the universe dies I suppose--but even then I sometimes wonder if souls just somehow bail to a different one if one's about to go under. Hmm..
I pretty much agree.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-10-2020, 11:11 AM
Master

oneness

Quote:

Your understanding is correct by and large . When people say one , they do not negate the differences . It's like all parts of a motor car are different by themselves . But all together go onto make a bigger entity called motor car and in that sense all parts work up to provide seamless , comfortable , efficient and safe experience to the rider of the motor car and are one(motor car) in that goal.
Old 23-10-2020, 09:53 PM
Guide
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow10
I'm trying to understand this oneness thing. I understand how people believe that the universe is one consciousness and each of us are part of this, just experiencing the world from a unique perspective. But that would mean that there is only one actual consciousness, and this doesn't work for me.

I like to use dreaming as my way to understand the universe. Because when you dream everything, from the other people, the trees, the buildings etc is all within you. The character you are in the dream is within your consciousness, as is everything else. Everything is very real in a dream, while you're dreaming and you don't question it at all until you wake up. That makes sense to me, and I believe it's roughly what's going on now , except sleep dreaming is like a step down from this awake dream. But then I get stuck on the other people in my life, and even animals. The other conscious beings.

I've come up with my own ideas. Maybe the idea about multiple universes is correct. Maybe each one of us is our own universe. Maybe the way people talk about parallel universes is just other consciousnesses (people). Could we just attract other people and experiences, or other universes into our lives depending on our own state of mind, or frequency at the time?

Is it like atoms? You know how certain atoms are attracted to each other and share their electrons to bond together? And others are repelled? Maybe each consciousness (person, universe) is like that in a much more complicated way. You know how you say, this person is in my orbit? We share experiences (electrons) with others for a period of time.

This could explain why we tend to attract the same types of people and experiences over and over until we change our own state of mind. But then I wonder, if it was this way, and each living being is their own "universe dream", then there must be something beyond the universe. And that just gets crazy because we couldn't ever imagine that.

Anyway, any thoughts or other ideas? I'd be interested to hear what other people think about this subject.

I like to think of life as like a giant computer game....like an mmorpg.

The game engine is universal consciousness - that sense of oneness (Brahman/allah/god - whatever you call it). It’s the fabric of everything and everything comes from it....

The universe is made from it. And we are made from it. We can’t exist outside of it but if we became fully aware of it as the core of our being we would see that the things that make “us” the characters that populate this universe, and all of the actual world around us is made of the same stuff, but made different in appearance. And it’s the game engine (or supreme being/god/allah/higher power) that binds our perceptive world into being.

I like to think of it this way because when you think of an MMORPG, like WoW or sometHong, you have millions of people around the world who are using it and playing characters to explore the world of Warcraft game. Kind of like who our Higher self uses us? And when you think of it like a game, each individual will have there own path to play, they will follow their own quests and experience different content depending on the character and role they play. These experiences are downloaded onto a server/hard drive (our brains) and it’s our life choice that determines the content that will load for us in this game called Life.

The person in India is going to experience a far different game than the people in North America. - but the foundation of that game is the same. The mechanics, the base stats are the same (generally...Indians get more cunning and NA get More constitution lol I’m joking).

Point im making is, the aspect of non dualities, well you can’t exist in that space for long as an individual person on the game. You are the character in the game experiencing the game world and are totally immersed. Or you are awarE that you are the character in the game, and that the game and you are the same thing and that the reality behind the scenes in that that part of you ...doesn’t really exist, it does and it’s doesn’t. That part of you that is the core of existence is ever present, it is in all things, it has no end nor no beginning and it is a super content presence. Like super chill. No problems. And it is all things. It is every avatar and every pixel. It just exists and it runs the simulation simultaneously for all points of view at all times - like an mmorpg.
Non Duality in the true sense can not it be experienced for prolonged states.

If you wish to experience non duality for any length of time you need to reliquish the idea you have of everything you know -of who you think you are - if what you think life is and death. You need to be prepared to be terrified and face your fears. And then let go. With enough meditation you can get there. But you can not exist there for long and here l.

Because to exist there means ceasing to exist here.

In my experience, and my opinion, the closest you can get to non-duality here, is perceiving it and seeing it for what it is. Then you kind of become this person who has experienced the other side as yourself, and you come back down and see how it is all things and how you are all things too but you are also aware of yourself as an individual and sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in that and forget the you that is all the things around you right now.

This probably reads like some spaced out mad stuff!

It changes your perception to life but it doesn’t make you better. Your still the same person. You just have a new understanding. And new core experience that is not faith, but something you know to be true because you experienced it.

You don’t get superpowers- although you could argue that hahaah.
You don’t suddenly become rich or nothing really changes. Just your perception of life. You come back down and you still have bills to pay, still have things to do.

You still feel things like you did before. You still get sad, or angry or happy and excited.

But you do just have a different perceptual view of life that is something you can’t unsee.
Old 24-10-2020, 05:16 PM
Master

game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
I like to think of life as like a giant computer game....like an mmorpg.

The game engine is universal consciousness - that sense of oneness (Brahman/allah/god - whatever you call it). It’s the fabric of everything and everything comes from it....

The universe is made from it. And we are made from it. We can’t exist outside of it but if we became fully aware of it as the core of our being we would see that the things that make “us” the characters that populate this universe, and all of the actual world around us is made of the same stuff, but made different in appearance. And it’s the game engine (or supreme being/god/allah/higher power) that binds our perceptive world into being.

I like to think of it this way because when you think of an MMORPG, like WoW or sometHong, you have millions of people around the world who are using it and playing characters to explore the world of Warcraft game. Kind of like who our Higher self uses us? And when you think of it like a game, each individual will have there own path to play, they will follow their own quests and experience different content depending on the character and role they play. These experiences are downloaded onto a server/hard drive (our brains) and it’s our life choice that determines the content that will load for us in this game called Life.

The person in India is going to experience a far different game than the people in North America. - but the foundation of that game is the same. The mechanics, the base stats are the same (generally...Indians get more cunning and NA get More constitution lol I’m joking).

Point im making is, the aspect of non dualities, well you can’t exist in that space for long as an individual person on the game. You are the character in the game experiencing the game world and are totally immersed. Or you are awarE that you are the character in the game, and that the game and you are the same thing and that the reality behind the scenes in that that part of you ...doesn’t really exist, it does and it’s doesn’t. That part of you that is the core of existence is ever present, it is in all things, it has no end nor no beginning and it is a super content presence. Like super chill. No problems. And it is all things. It is every avatar and every pixel. It just exists and it runs the simulation simultaneously for all points of view at all times - like an mmorpg.
Non Duality in the true sense can not it be experienced for prolonged states.

If you wish to experience non duality for any length of time you need to reliquish the idea you have of everything you know -of who you think you are - if what you think life is and death. You need to be prepared to be terrified and face your fears. And then let go. With enough meditation you can get there. But you can not exist there for long and here l.

Because to exist there means ceasing to exist here.

In my experience, and my opinion, the closest you can get to non-duality here, is perceiving it and seeing it for what it is. Then you kind of become this person who has experienced the other side as yourself, and you come back down and see how it is all things and how you are all things too but you are also aware of yourself as an individual and sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in that and forget the you that is all the things around you right now.

This probably reads like some spaced out mad stuff!

It changes your perception to life but it doesn’t make you better. Your still the same person. You just have a new understanding. And new core experience that is not faith, but something you know to be true because you experienced it.

You don’t get superpowers- although you could argue that hahaah.
You don’t suddenly become rich or nothing really changes. Just your perception of life. You come back down and you still have bills to pay, still have things to do.

You still feel things like you did before. You still get sad, or angry or happy and excited.

But you do just have a different perceptual view of life that is something you can’t unsee.

Hi MS
Agree with most except relating to Indian / NA generalizations .

While I agree that having longer non-dual states is almost extremely difficult , some exceptional ones (whom we may categorize as God ) can always do so.
Old 25-10-2020, 08:57 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:

This was very good.
I might have said ..."We are all One, at our core, but not the same...not in the least!" Ha!
As in, a zillion individual differences! (And thus a zillion matrixes!)
Wonderful stuff.
Wonderful Supreme Being!

Still listening to your yourtube, btw, on dimensions.:)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-10-2020, 11:18 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This was very good.
I might have said ..."We are all One, at our core, but not the same...not in the least!" Ha!
As in, a zillion individual differences! (And thus a zillion matrixes!)
Wonderful stuff.
Wonderful Supreme Being!

Still listening to your yourtube, btw, on dimensions.:)

I want to have it all! I want to both taste the sugar and be the sugar.

I suppose another way to put it is I want to taste myself!
Old 01-01-2021, 10:15 PM
Experiencer

I've noticed something along the same line as Tianna.

there have been numerous occasions when people have near death experiences or on the brink of dying, they experience or are "aware" of seeing everything they have ever done in there life in minute or small details, for example you can liken the content of consciousness as a drop of oil, and a tank of water the universal mind so to speak, when consciousness loses it's physical frame to hold that consciousness, or when the drop of oil lands in the tank....you will notice the oil breaks up into varying shades of colour and into finer parts of itself.....whats interesting is the observer who is witnessing everything they have done in there life during this encounter, as the content of there consciousness is breaking down, how can a part of consciousness see the whole? or is it actually this universal mind witnessing it?
which then begs the question....what is the soul? or the breath of God?

and when people have memories of past lives as children.....is it only very small parts or large parts of that previous consciousness that's imprinted on a new born physical system during pregnancy? just adding to the mix here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianna-Fae
I use a fish tank of water as a practical way of visualising and demonstrating the process of the individuation of consciousness while retaining its essential unity, and I'll try to describe it here.

Imagine a large tank of water, to keep it in easily visualised terms. This water represents pure Consciousness in its essential form.

Take a clear plastic cup or glass and dip it in the water until it is nearly full, then float it on the surface of the water in the tank. The cup or glass loosely represents your physical body and / or mind, which separates your consciousness (in the glass) form the consciousness in the tank.

In this state, the cup/glass represents the newborn state. The consciousness in the glass is separated from the Universal consciousness by a thin physical barrier. The individual consciousness in the glass has very little, or no, awareness of the greater consciousness outside of itself. Indeed, in this state, it might even deny the existence of any consciousness outside of itself.

Drip a small amount of ink or food colouring into the water in the glass. This ink or food colouring represents your individual life-experience, which colours your individual consciousness.

Finally, gently tip the glass, emptying it slowly back into the tank, and then safely dispose of the cup/glass. The coloured water will remain in a cloudy state, retaining its colouring/experience, before eventually merging back into the whole. Emptying the coloured glass into the tank represents the death of the physical body; the removal of the physical barrier between the Individual Consciousness and the Universal Consciousness. The individual life experience merges once more with the whole.

I hope this small visualisation helps you understand it a bit better.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
JustASimpleGuy

I'm gonna go big and dispense with the water analogy. Think of consciousness as the very fabric of spacetime itself minus everything. No planets, stars or galaxies. Imagine mind-body a bubble in that spacetime. Does the bubble contain a portion of spacetime or does spacetime contain the bubble? Does the bubble separate the spacetime within from the spacetime without? If the bubble moves or pops does a portion of spacetime move or dissipate?

Spacetime has intrinsic existence while the bubble has extrinsic existence and only by virtue of spacetime. Consciousness is like that. It has intrinsic existence and Its illumination of mind makes it seem like mind is conscious. Contents of mind are illuminations by or reflections of Consciousness and also constrained by mind. The quality of reflection depends on clarity of mind. As Swami Vivekananda was fond of saying "Polish the mirror". Polishing the mirror is spiritual practice.

By the way and from my perspective and understanding spacetime itself is but an appearance within Consciousness. Content of Consciousness.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:40 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I'm gonna go big and dispense with the water analogy.

*Think of consciousness as the very fabric of spacetime itself minus everything. No planets, stars or galaxies.

*Imagine mind-body a bubble in that spacetime.

*Does the bubble contain a portion of spacetime or does spacetime contain the bubble?

*Does the bubble separate the spacetime within from the spacetime without?

*If the bubble moves or pops does a portion of spacetime move or dissipate?

*Spacetime has intrinsic existence while the bubble has extrinsic existence and only by virtue of spacetime. Consciousness is like that.

*It has intrinsic existence and Its illumination of mind makes it seem like mind is conscious.

*Contents of mind are illuminations by or reflections of Consciousness and also constrained by mind.

*The quality of reflection depends on clarity of mind. As Swami Vivekananda was fond of saying "Polish the mirror". Polishing the mirror is spiritual practice.

By the way and from my perspective and understanding

*spacetime itself is but an appearance within Consciousness. Content of Consciousness.
The *sentences made my mouth drop; such good descriptions. Well done.
Ha, the spaces just 'happened...but I'll leave them.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru